• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Interesting how Cynthia is talking about retirement to Diantha who has to manage both her champion and acting careers
Diantha is very talented tbh
Beautiful and multitask person hehe

Rohanator

As someone who will try his hardest to not look at spoilers of the biggest battle of this anime’s history so far, I wonder about one thing: Why on earth would they show a large shot of the scoreboard in the preview? I can understand it if the scoreboard is shown for a second or two in the background (and even than it’s something that shouldn’t happen), but this is just a ridiculous decision.
The whole premise of the battle is that Satoshi struggles massively at the start so him losing multiple strong Mons early isn't much of a spoiler if you read the summaries, both magazines and trailers are simply promoting the same idea, they specifically chose the moment Pikachu disappears from the scoreboard for the trailer to create the biggest "oh **** it's gonna get real how can he win?" reaction possible.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
As to who will take over the title of Sinnoh Champion? The seat might just be left open and whoever aspires will have to go through the traditional E4 challenge. If it’s Flint who aspires, they may change up his challenge for the title.
In the games at least, a retiring champion has to pick a successor. Steven picked Wallace, ??? picked Alder and Alder picked Iris.

I could see Cynthia crossing Caitlin as her successor, since she has no close bind with any other Sinnoh trainer and Caitlin has experience as a Frontier Brain and E4 member.

…though that’s all just theoretical talk because there’s no way that the anime would retire a game champion.

Edit: Come to think of it, Alder is a funny case because he became champion due to such a technicality three times. He was picked by the previous champion, and following the events of BW he either stayed champion because Hilbert/Hilda left Unova before challenging him or because Hilbert/Hilda resigned and picked him again, in addition to not losing the title to N as he was never added into the hall of fame.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
They’ve mentioned Paul’s working to be a gym leader, so they kinda dropped the ball with him here. Woulda been a natural turn.

Last edited:
CYNTHIAS RETIRING HOLY ****

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I honestly wonder why they’re talking about Cynthia retiring because it’s a pretty big status quo change from the games for the anime to make on its own tbh. I’m guessing they’ll just never reveal who takes the Sinnoh Champion mantle since Paul seems like he’s over that idea.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Not an odd idea. She’s already inspired someone she’s given advice to into becoming Champion and now Ash who she’s ran into numerous of times is a Champion in they’re both the strongest trainers in the world.

Perhaps she feels like she’s passing the torch for the new generation.

That being said, she ain’t retiring this is just building drama

Last edited:

Broseph08

So from the scoreboard, Ash has lost 3 Pokemon while Cynthia has lost 2. Doesn't seem that bad honestly. Lucario will for sure get at least two wins so there's still room for one of Dracovish or Sirfetch'd to still get a quality win here

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
IF Diantha actually causes Leon to use GMAX Charizard then there's a good chance that most of this battle is just off screen which is lazy but doesn't discredit her
Not so much lazy but more so shows the staff didn’t have the time to animate the battle (especially if you take the recap episodes into account)

Either way, I’m going to try and have fun with the match. I already have low expectations, I already know this match won’t be as grandiose as I want it to be, but I’ve wanted Ash to battle Cynthia for years so I’m going to go in with an optimistic attitude & enjoy the battle for what it is.

Ryker101

I was hoping we’d see another of Leon’s mons but rip

Cautiously keen for the semis, Leon vs Diantha’s gonna be rushed so I hope Ash vs Cynthia is worth it. Especially after all the breaks and clip shows

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
With the sudden childhood focus and now declaring she wants to retire, there's two possible things:
1. Either they're setting up Cynthia to actually beat Ash and Leon and bow out as a champion.
2. The more likely option, it's a cheap and stupid thing she says only to lose to Ash and go "you've re ignited my passion for battling and I'm not retiring" (in 2 episodes).

The first would actually have some meaning but given this anime's reliance on cheap "shocking moments", it's almost certainly gonna be the second option.
3. They're setting up an ending to Ash's time as protagonist or the show.

They’ve mentioned Paul’s working to be a gym leader, so they kinda dropped the ball with him here. Woulda been a natural turn.
Paul could still end up as the Sinnoh Champion...

Perhaps she feels like she’s passing the torture for the new generation.
LOL

IF Diantha actually causes Leon to use GMAX Charizard then there's a good chance that most of this battle is just off screen which is lazy but doesn't discredit her
I'm not sure "lazy" is the right word to use here.

Status
Not open for further replies.