• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I can’t believe Cynthia is about to retire and Lillie will be the new Sinnoh Champion.

In all seriousness, I doubt this plot line is going anywhere. The anime can’t stray that far away from the games. They can’t retire Cynthia no more than they can retire Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Iris, Diantha or Leon without due measures and permission (aka the games).

It creates a continuity error if Cynthia were to appear in games later down the line like she does in BWBW2 and SMUSM.

More than likely she’s lose and Ash will be the first person to beat her in awhile and she suddenly has interest in battling again

All of this because Ash raised Lucario from an egg so he’s equal to Garchomp. Poor Noviern has been jobbing since out of the womb

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It creates a continuity error if Cynthia were to appear in games later down the line like she does in BWBW2 and SMUSUM.
Fwiw Cynthia is classed as a Pokémon Trainer in those games, not a Champion.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Eh, XY tried so hard to make him look like a teenager and I’m sorry but he had the most boring outfit choice of the series.
Agreed and it was so unoriginal as well that they had to use a design for his cap that was from 3 generations ago instead of coming up with something original.
I actually really liked XY Ash's design when XY was the series of the day, but after SM (possibly my favourite Ash design), and Journeys (which makes a nice inbetween for XY and SM imo), I think XY was one of the lesser designs overall from all series and that SM and then Journeys are my favs.

I've never thought about it that they were trying to make him a teenager, but with the Serena shipping and what not, it did seem like it now that you've said that.

nuzamaki90

Except you said:

The part you said "direct reference" meant that you were also including the retire part from the games, which never happened.
No that’s not what I meant lol. You cut off the part where I posted her dialogue, which I’m assuming meant you didn’t read my full post and thus got confused.

Sham

The Guardian of War
i'm pretty sure Hugh mentions it as well in the sequel games.
Actually even so, a Champion is still a trainer. Cynthia tells Iris they’re nothing more than Pokémon trainers when she makes her speak about fighting her to test her own potential so her calling herself that doesn’t mean much.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m heavily wondering if Cynthia is even Mega Evolving Garchomp since based on the preview it’s not right away against Lucario or is Ash defeating her Mega Evolved form with base Lucario because where is GMAX Gengar? Especially given he has merch and I doubt it’s being used in the Leon match.

Master Pikachu 11

I’m heavily wondering if Cynthia is even Mega Evolving Garchomp since based on the preview it’s not right away against Lucario or is Ash defeating her Mega Evolved form with base Lucario because where is GMAX Gengar? Especially given he has merch and I doubt it’s being used in the Leon match.
I fully expect that the final battle will be Mega Garchomp vs Mega Lucario since Gengar and Pikachu are taken out at the beginning of the battle I am not expecting Ash to waste his Gimmick until the end. It would not shock me if he does G max Gengar against Leon

According to the stats shown in the promo video

x6u2el4ubbh91.jpg

Ash

Attack: 5/5
Defense: 3/5
Speed: 5/5
Strategy: 2/5
Experience: 2/5
Unpredictability: 5/5

Total: 22/30

Cynthia:

Defense: 5/5
Speed: 4/5
Strategy: 5/5
Experience: 5/5
Unpredictability: 3/5

Total: 27/30

Leon:

Speed: 5/5
Strategy: 4/5
Experience: 4/5
Unpredictability: 4/5

Total: 27/30

Diantha:

Attack: 4/5
Speed: 4/5
Strategy: 5/5
Experience: 4/5

Total: 26/30

I like that Cynthia's two weakest stats (Speed and Unpredictability) are ones Ash excels in
My opinion on the other Masters Trainers

Steven

Atack : 4/5
Def : 4/5
Speed : 5/5
Strategy : 5/5
Experience : 4/5
Unpredictability : 4/5

26/30. Same as Diantha , but what Diantha has in defense, Steven has in speed

Lance

Atack : 5/5
Def : 4/5
Speed : 3/5
Strategy : 4/5
Experience : 5/5

25/30.

Iris

Def : 3/5
Speed : 4/5
Strategy : 3/5
Experience : 2/5

22/30. She is like a rather inexperienced Lance, if she manages to have more experience, she would equal or surpass Lance.

Alain

Def : 2.5/5
Speed : 4.5/5
Strategy : 3/5
Experience : 2/5

21/30. His horrible defense should explain why he lost so easily, he's still a beast in attack anyway

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I understand your opinion but Ash's outfit in XY was by far better than all the ones that followed after and even BW
what specifically do you like about XY Ash's outfit? His blue shirt over the black one underneath is too short on him and is it a zipper or a button up? It's also weirdly cut at the bottom, or is it a broken zipper bottom? He still has the silly fingerless gloves too that I appreciate him dropping. The hat is probably the most boring out of all of his hats too. His pants are the same as usual although I don't know what they are.. are they jeans? Cargo pants? Also nothing beats his OG shoes.

I do appreciate XY Ash a lot, but I think his outfit has NOTHING to do with it, it's all in how they animated him, how his strong personality comes out during XY, and how he's written to be more mature.

This is just my opinion though but you made me interested in comparing it, because honestly XY Ash was one of my favourites when it was during XY.

nuzamaki90

I just gotta say some of you are putting way much weight into the Animedia breakdown of Cynthia and Garchomp. Them making a speculative connection between Lucario and Garchomp both coming from eggs is just that, speculation. It’s just fluff on their part. It’s no different to other issues where they tried to figure out what kind of partner Ash, Goh, and Gary would be, or bringing up the possibility of other regions being visited for field trips back in SM.

what specifically do you like about XY Ash's outfit? His blue shirt over the black one underneath is too short on him and is it a zipper or a button up? It's also weirdly cut at the bottom, or is it a broken zipper bottom? He still has the silly fingerless gloves too that I appreciate him dropping. The hat is probably the most boring out of all of his hats too. His pants are the same as usual although I don't know what they are.. are they jeans? Cargo pants? Also nothing beats his OG shoes.

I do appreciate XY Ash a lot, but I think his outfit has NOTHING to do with it, it's all in how they animated him, how his strong personality comes out during XY, and how he's written to be more mature.

This is just my opinion though but you made me interested in comparing it, because honestly XY Ash was one of my favourites when it was during XY.
His shoes combine very well with the cap that is one of the best he has used in my opinion. I would never change the classic gloves and I appreciate that JN Ash is using them. SM Ash just looks like a clown in those shoes and that striped shirt. JN Ash also looks kinda bad.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I hope that Diantha at least manages to KO at least 2 of Leon's Pokémon. She needs to do better than Alain.

Status
Not open for further replies.