• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 27th: PM2019 078 - The Sakuragi Laboratories Become a Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
This is a series about Pokémon isn't it? Casue the only thing we are doing are collecting them and making them fight.

Pokémon deserve development, they are not only collectables or shoulder decorations.

Disgusting.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Incredibly disappointed but frankly not surprised. The writers have just lost any and all ability to properly pace a Pokémon's growth this season, I seriously don't know how this happened. We didn't need a Drizzle evolution we needed Drizzle development, maybe have it grow more confident in self before evolving it again? I thought all that time off screen would mean something and I argued for it at the time but of course I was wrong, it just meant what it always meant, significant Pokémon disappearing for months at a time with nothing to show for it besides a band-aid evolution that doesn't actually fix anything.

My only small hope is that the manga isn't canon or the intellion is the movie star one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Given that Grookey hasn't even used a single move yet, his evolution into Thwacky will undoubtedly be worse than Sobble's evolution into Drizzile

Tho whether or not Thwacky's evolution into Rillaboom will top this remains to be seen
Idk if I should cry or not

Soniman

Break the Limit
Drizzile development? We needed Drizzile appearances.
I forgot In JN the main party Pokémon don't exist unless things are happening to them(unless you're Pikachu or Grookey currently), they're not allowed to just casually live in the world or interact naturally with others unless it's their turn for some unearned milestone, it all just feels so artificial and there's no satisfaction seeing things done this way

Last edited:

Decidueye23

The fact that Goh literally lives with his Pokémon meanwhile Ash is far away from most of them disproves that statement.
Not really. Everytime Goh has a focus episode with one of his mons its because they seem to be acting out. The scorbunny episode, then the farewell raboot episode, the drizzile evolution episode, and heck even the flabebe episode to an extent. Suprisingly, though even Ash has been like that in JN to an extent, with that Pikachu episode and all. But i guess thats just the writing of JN

Master Pikachu 11

Monke is next
I still think that they are going to keep it as a Grookey since they haven’t had done anything in regards to using moves and since Rillaboom is not as popular as Intelleon they can apply the same logic that Mythical mentioned about Sobble and the writers were not intending to evolve it because they didn’t expect Intellon to be popular, which forced their hand.
Actually if Ash had caught Starters, they would've at least gotten some battles in before evolving
Agreed all of his pokemon have at least participated in one major PWC battle even Mr. Fish so yeah I would have no doubt that Sobble would have been treated similar to Sceptile if it had gone to Ash and contributed in a few PWC battles.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
No seriously.. I really wanna know.

What the hell happened between Sun and Moon and the this Show?

Say what you will about the SuMo anime but at least the gave proper development to the characters/pokemon, established relationships, and the Pokémon didn't feel like props.

Except for like maybe 1 or 2 new guys, Journeys has literally ALL of the exact same writers from SuMo.

So I wanna know WHAT exactly happened on the shows writing staff for Journeys to end up becoming such a train wreck?

Status
Not open for further replies.