• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 27th: PM2019 078 - The Sakuragi Laboratories Become a Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
No seriously.. I really wanna know.

What the hell happened between Sun and Moon and the this Show?

Say what you will about the SuMo anime but at least the gave proper development to the characters/pokemon, established relationships, and the Pokémon didn't feel like props.

Except for like maybe 1 or 2 new guys, Journeys has literally ALL of the exact same writers from SuMo.

So I wanna know WHAT exactly happened on the shows writing staff for Journeys to end up becoming such a train wreck?
There’s technically the idea of higher ups wanting to take advantage of the current formula for their own interests since it does bring alot of potential for them at the cost of everything else.

And nothing will ever beat the absolute trainwreck the BW saga was.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Say what you will about the SuMo anime but at least the gave proper development to the characters/pokemon, established relationships, and the Pokémon didn't feel like props.

Except for like maybe 1 or 2 new guys, Journeys has literally ALL of the exact same writers from SuMo.

So I wanna know WHAT exactly happened on the shows writing staff for Journeys to end up becoming such a train wreck?
The same thing that's been happening since the end of DP.
Or it's Ash's brain deteriorating at a faster rate like it says in the Ash Ketchum coma theory

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

I think they’re trying to juggle too many things at once by wanting to showcase as many pokemon as possible with the whole world tour angle and just end up not getting any of them right.

Trying to brute force the extremely episodic nature they picked up in SM with a very milestone heavy goal probably doesn’t help either.

Soniman

Break the Limit
And nothing will ever beat the absolute trainwreck the BW saga was.
Oh how I am becoming nostalgic for the days Oshswott, Axew and Emolga werr hogging the focus in random episodes that weren't about them because at least then a Pokémon WAS getting focus.

Heck I think Emolga herself has like two focus episodes spread far apart outside her capture episode but I don't think anyone could struggle to remember her personality, her volt switch gimmick or her dynamic with Snivy because she was a fleshed out character.

JN is like if nearly all the major Pokémon were OS era Brock Pokémon. It's like the one thing the has been constantly baffling me about this series.

(granted I don't think JN is quite as bad as BW could get yet but this doesn't help)

Soniman

Break the Limit
Even if BW messed up its narrative, it did character interactivity and worldbuilding right. JN so far has done neither of three well for the most part.

Even the one thing that it does do well, continuity and fanservice, feels like wasted potential with the one-and-done nature that it's executed in.

So yeah, based on that criteria, I could theoretically say that BW is better than JN (and this is coming from someone who vehemently disliked BW).
Depends on what you prefer. I don't care that much about meticulous world building when it comes to the anime so it's not a huge issue for me but I really didn't care for BW Ash internally as a character nor externally with how the narrative treated him where as in JN I think it's mainly the latter that hurts his portrayal.

Basically all my problems personally with JN falls under the bad pacing that continues to minisculy or significantly botch these character and story arcs in very easily avoidable ways (and it's worse in that this was INTENDED to be like this and not just poor planning or incompetence) where as BW had so many problems in so many areas I wouldn't even know where to start (funnily enough the pacing is mostly ok there)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
So a theory about that thing that Inteleon's holding.

I think It's a Kecleon's tongue.

Think about it. A Kecleon can be used for theft and it's a perfect counterpart to Inteleon.

Both are Chameleon based Pokémon that can turn invisible

Alternatively it could also be a Greninja but that's less likely.

Either way I suspect more Team Rocket Gatcha Machine stuff

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So a theory about that thing that Inteleon's holding.

I think It's a Kecleon's tongue.

Think about it. A Kecleon can be used for theft and it's a perfect counterpart to Inteleon.

Both are Chameleon based Pokémon that can turn invisible

Alternatively it could also be a Greninja but that's less likely.

Either way I suspect more Team Rocket Gatcha Machine stuff
Surprised no one ever thought of Kecleon. Then again I forgot Kecleon was a thing.

Soniman

Break the Limit
XY has Goodra and SM has Naganadel
Goodra's quick growth was at least in service for a consistent character arc that would last a a few months worth of episodes before being written off, there was a point to it and Goomy didn't disappear for months at a time to come back for its evolution and disappear again, he was always around growing and interacting.

Naganadel doesn't even count because Poiople simply isn't a typical Ash capture, nor was it's growth leading up to any kind of evolution. Naganadel being a thing just feels more like a last minute surprise to add in a additional wow factor for the final League match than anything else

RafaSceptile

Goodra's quick growth was at least in service for a consistent character arc that would last a a few months worth of episodes before being written off, there was a point to it and Goomy didn't disappear for months at a time to come back for its evolution and disappear again, he was always around growing and interacting.

Naganadel doesn't even count because Poiople simply isn't a typical Ash capture, nor was it's growth leading up to any kind of evolution. Naganadel being a thing just feels more like a last minute surprise to add in a additional wow factor for the final League match than anything else
Meanwhile Goodra had a proper character arc, his evolution was very rushed, 6 episodes from Goomy to Sliggoo and 4 episodes from Sliggoo to Goodra. And then the conclusion of its arc was also...rushed? Idk, better than Inteleon but still an evolution with clearly pacing problems.

Naganadel is Inteleon except it had interactions and appearences as a Poipole unlike Drizzle, and Naganadel was used in the Exhibición Match, let's see what Inteleon can do in the future.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If this is true, it is rather disappointing that they just skipped any potential development for Drizzile just to bring Inteleon abruptly. At the very least they could’ve given it one more episode to space it out similarly to the Wikstrom episode for Farfetch’d before it got a rematch with Rinto.

One of Journeys’ biggest flaws is its pacing & handling of screentime which Drizzile seems to be a victim of both. Hopefully Inteleon does something in the future instead of just being another Cinderace (nothing against it. Just feel like it’s just slowly shifting towards the background)

Status
Not open for further replies.