• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 27th: XY086 - Moltres in Focus! Snap the Legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So it'll basically turn into a Kamikaze? No thanks. One recoil move is enough for a frail-looking species like Talonflame.

Though I wouldn't mind it sacrificing itself for one last strike using recoil moves in dire situations, I still think one is enough too. If he had two his matches would be predictable imo.

MegaSalamence05

I'd want a Sky Attack, Steel Wing, Flame Charge and Razor Wind Moveset but realized Talonflame doesn't learn Sky Attack.

Talonflame should have 2 Special Attacks/ 2 Physical Attacks or a 1/3 kind of scenario.

Incinerate
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Flame Charge / Razor Wind

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I can't wait until tomorrow when the episode is up on Serebii. Talonflame is a cool bird because it is not the usual Normal/Flying bird he gets in other regions although it started out with Normal/Flying. It makes a nice change of pace for a native bird pokemon.

Lorde

Incinerate
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Flame Charge / Razor Wind

He may as well have Flamethrower in place of Incinerate since they'd probably look the same anyway, only the former is stronger. :x

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Wow, I'm excited for this episode, there's a lot of stuff going on. Moltres appears and Fletchinder evolves! XD It's nice to see Trevor here too, I wasn't really sure if he'd get his own episode but I think it's cool to see it with Moltres.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
She didn't use Ember after getting Flamethrower, therefor she didn't have it. Point blank and period. I outright said that she replaced Ember with Flamethrower LONG ago. It makes no sense to replace Flamethrower when it's already a strong move on it's own and is pretty much her primary attack.

You'd seriously rather he doesn't have a Flying move then get rid of Razor Wind?? Seriously I don't get why you like that move so much.

Hmm.. I thought your argument was that she wouldn't replace a move when there's still a slot free, I was just countering that with how they handled Ember. Which was her primary attack before Flamethrower, so that's easily the same situation as well.

As for Razor Wind, it's pretty much a Flying-type move, sort of in the "pseudo"-sense of the word. I mean there's no reason to assume that it wouldn't do similar damage when compared to Air Cutter for example. And truthfully, Flame Charge go develop into either Flare Blitz or Brave Bird, but I want the regional Fire-type to have at least two Fire-type moves, especially when Noibat can pick up the slack with the Flying-type moves and Hawlucha and Frogadier have Flying Press and Aerial Ace. And Flame Charge upgrading into a Fire-type move just seems the most consistent to me.

That and I kinda want Staraptor to be the only one with Brave Bird, in order to give all the birds their own unique finisher:
- Pidgeot: Double Edge
- Noctowl: Sky Attack
- Swellow: Should get Boomburst.
- Staraptor: Brave Bird
- Unfezant: Air Cutter
- Talonflame: Flare Blitz

He may as well have Flamethrower in place of Incinerate since they'd probably look the same anyway, only the former is stronger. :x

Animé strength depictions may vary. Incinerate has had a considerable bump in strength this series, while Flamethrower saw a bit of a decrease. Flamethrower is by far the most likely option, but Incinerate has become an option that could present Talonflame with a bit of uniqueness, similar to Pignite with Fire Pledge.

8hrs to go!

Lorde

It's nice to see Trevor here too, I wasn't really sure if he'd get his own episode but I think it's cool to see it with Moltres.

It's barely even his episode: Ash seems like the focus yet again while Trevor's just trying to take a selfie with Moltres. He deserved better than playing second fiddle like this imo.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If you ask me I see Talonflame having this moveset after XY086:

Flame Charge
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Razor Wind

Master Quest

Let's do it
I really don't see why ash jumped into molten lava to save talonflame it's a fire type and won't take much damage but ash will just melt.he could have told frogadier to use frubbles to save talonflame.ash sure is one suicidal kid lol.

I think someone said that trevor's charmeleon might evolve I don't think so as writers have pretty much reserved charizard for ash and I don't remember seeing anyone who ash knows has a charizard Trevor is not even his rival.The same reason ash doesn't get salamence,dragonite etc.Alain has it because it mega evolves into an alternate form.

Fletchinder better win against chameleon.

Lorde

Possible but may be not as often if he uses Steel Wing and Razor Wind more after he evolves. ^^

I don't know about that: I still think he's likelier to abuse his Fire-type move seeing as being Ash's regional Fire-type is his shtick and all.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I don't know about that: I still think he's likelier to abuse his Fire-type move seeing as being Ash's regional Fire-type is his shtick and all.

Talonflame can serve as both his fire and flying pokemon at the same time. It should keep Steel Wing as it can do some damage on rock pokemon.

Sidagam

Move set for Talonflame

Flame Charge - STAB Physical Fire move that increases speed which has been used to great effect so far
Steel Wing - Strong non STAB move to mix it up
Brave Bird - STAB Flying move - has recoil but I'd rather that then Flare Blitz. Plus it needs to replace Peck
Flamethrower - STAB range Fire move - Needs to replace Razor Wind

Wishful thinking, but I hope it gets Brave Bird at the very least

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hmm.. I thought your argument was that she wouldn't replace a move when there's still a slot free, I was just countering that with how they handled Ember. Which was her primary attack before Flamethrower, so that's easily the same situation as well.

As for Razor Wind, it's pretty much a Flying-type move, sort of in the "pseudo"-sense of the word. I mean there's no reason to assume that it wouldn't do similar damage when compared to Air Cutter for example. And truthfully, Flame Charge go develop into either Flare Blitz or Brave Bird, but I want the regional Fire-type to have at least two Fire-type moves, especially when Noibat can pick up the slack with the Flying-type moves and Hawlucha and Frogadier have Flying Press and Aerial Ace. And Flame Charge upgrading into a Fire-type move just seems the most consistent to me.

That and I kinda want Staraptor to be the only one with Brave Bird, in order to give all the birds their own unique finisher:
- Pidgeot: Double Edge
- Noctowl: Sky Attack
- Swellow: Should get Boomburst.
- Staraptor: Brave Bird
- Unfezant: Air Cutter
- Talonflame: Flare Blitz

Animé strength depictions may vary. Incinerate has had a considerable bump in strength this series, while Flamethrower saw a bit of a decrease. Flamethrower is by far the most likely option, but Incinerate has become an option that could present Talonflame with a bit of uniqueness, similar to Pignite with Fire Pledge.

8hrs to go!

Not really, it's the same as with Combusken. It never used Ember again after evolving but it also didn't forget Fire Spin when he learned Overheat.

The only time I remember a pokemon learning a stronger version and going back to the weaker version is Ash's Buizel with Water Gun and Water Pulse.

Well then it should at least get Aerial Ace or Acrobatics because it needs a real flying type move other then Peck. Plus Starapter still has Close Combat to set him apart.

phanpycross

God-king
Talon-flame was literally created to spam Brave-bird; Ash's better get it IMO.

Flare blitz is Infernape's signature move anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.