• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 27th: XY086 - Moltres in Focus! Snap the Legend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
He won't win but may be he would learn a new attack or evolve.

I don't expect it. I know Ash is better in XY than he was in BW, but I still don't think he should fight a Legendary Pokemon with Fletchinder as a form of training. :/

spacedp

I just love episodes with legendaries, but i think this will just be one of those 5 second appearances like Xerneas in XY042.

staryu_starmie

Gym Leader Jiz
The return of "James - the mighty moltres"?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This just means articuno will appear randomly in a gen 8 filler.

Actually..
- Articuno appeared in Johto (II)
- Zapdos appeared in Sinnoh (IV)
- Moltres appears in Kalos (VI)

Lugia is definitely going to appear in GenVIII though.

Filler or not, this will be worth it.

It depends though.. I'm leaning towards non-filler and worth it.

Its not going to happen, since it was still shown to be a Fletchinder in the ending, while Eevee was on the cast.

The same ending that showed Noibat and Gourgeist? Dunno, but I think it isn't set in stone.. Apparently, Eevee is XY89.. But nothing is saying that it can't be caught prior to that. Chespin only had his Data Broadcast now, so who knows..

TR filler? I think it's too soon to know that, unless we'll see the return of James's Moltres costume. :p

Nostalgia! :D

I don't expect it. I know Ash is better in XY than he was in BW, but I still don't think he should fight a Legendary Pokemon with Fletchinder as a form of training. :/

I'm seriously starting to doubt that though... Objectively, Ash has a team of five here, pretty much four since Noibat can't do anything. At this point in time in Unova (post-Gym6 and pre-Gym7), Ash was running around with a team of TEN, each and every single one battle ready (Scraggy had done okay in the Donamite at this point). Ash has evolved fully evolved his bird and bug, and his rock and bacon had also evolved, while having two other critters at their middle stages, as well as three other basic stage critters as back-up. Compare that to having a starter and bird in their middle stage (though clearly on par with Pignite and Unfezant), a wildcard that's done (on par with Boldore) and a second wildcard that is not ready to battle yet (worse than Scraggy).

We've seen scenario's where critters fight off legendaries before, not to a KO, but at least to a certain point where the legendary just doesn't care any more.

Locormus

This episode could also be called: "Meanwhile, at the Azure Bay! Moltres is chilling out!!

Cortana

Misty is the Best
Would someone be able to provide the link to the article where it says that Moltres will make an appearance because I can't find anything past episode 82 in fact I can't find anything past episode 82 so where is this new information about episodes from 82 onwards coming from?

Locormus

Would someone be able to provide the link to the article where it says that Moltres will make an appearance because I can't find anything past episode 82 in fact I can't find anything past episode 82 so where is this new information about episodes from 82 onwards coming from?

The first post. For every episode going up to XY89, there's data available: One pokémon per episode. The "Data broadcast"-pokémon, for this episode is Moltres, so it's guaranteed to appear. Today's episode was Rotom, next week is Diancie because the Diancie movie is airing, the week after is Gourgeist, in an episode very much about Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. The week after is Mamoswine, synchronizing with the episode about Abomasnow and Mamoswine. You can see how the pattern goes on from there.

Last edited:

Lorde

I swear Ash if you act like you have never seen Moltres..GRRR...must stay calm.......

He might not mention that he's seen one, but that wouldn't mean that he's forgotten about seeing one before. He doesn't need to remind us of everything he's done. :/

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Though it needs to be noted that sometimes the Pokémon in an episode's broadcast data might end up playing a small role, or might not even DO anything. We should take this with a grain of salt until we have a title and summary.

The return of "James - the mighty moltres"?

Honestly if it were to involve Cassidy and Butch returning, I'd be all for it. I'm dying to see them again.

Considering they also appeared in that special episode trying to catch Moltres, it would be kinda fitting if they showed up here ;)

For all we know this could be part of a 2 parter (along with the Braxien episode) with another "TR goes after a Legendary" caper. (though I imagine it'll be just the TRIo, as always :mad: )

He might not mention that he's seen one, but that wouldn't mean that he's forgotten about seeing one before. He doesn't need to remind us of everything he's done. :/

Though to be fair, he hasn't seen a Moltres in a very long time. I'll forgive him if he acts surprised to see one.

Heck, why should someone take a seeing a Legendary Pokémon casually to begin with :confused:

Last edited:

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax

That would be fine. I would be perfectly happy if it were like that. But if he says something on the lines as "Who's that Pokemon." Sh..'s will be flipped.

Lorde

Heck, why should someone take a seeing a Legendary Pokémon casually to begin with

Maybe because he's seen dozens already and they're not quite as unique anymore. :/

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Meh, pointless filler episode is gonna be pointless. This has TR written all over it.

How? You can barely even associate Moltres to Team Rocket. Try to tone down the knee-jerk hate reaction.

Sadly, Moltres probably won't even be a real Pokemon. A Ditto or a dream sequence.

Lorde

Sadly, Moltres probably won't even be a real Pokemon. A Ditto or a dream sequence.

Probably. I can't see this episode being that great regardless, though I'm slightly biased since I don't care for Moltres at all. Zapdos and Articuno > that. :p

IcySealeo

Haven't seen a Moltres for a while, especially in the main anime. I hope that it will get a major role in here and not just a cameo in a dream or something like that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
How? You can barely even associate Moltres to Team Rocket. Try to tone down the knee-jerk hate reaction.

Meh, everytime a legend appears in the anime, TR is somehow involved. Wouldn't exactly call it a knee jerk reaction.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
That would be fine. I would be perfectly happy if it were like that. But if he says something on the lines as "Who's that Pokemon." Sh..'s will be flipped.

Ha ha even Ash isn't that forgetful if Moltres shows up for real then I'm sure he'll recognize it. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.