• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 2nd: SM84 - The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
One day at dusk, Satoshi goes to the marketplace, where he meets a woman that paints wonderful pictures. She tells him her name is Matsurika, and it appears she is able to sense how Pokémon feel deep inside. When she looks at Bevenom, she immediately feels that it loves painting pictures. But she also senses something else.

------

Satoshi meets Matsurika, a woman that paints wonderful pictures. It appears she can sense Pokémon's feelings, and she picks up something about Satoshi's Pokémon Bevenom.

------

While visiting the marketplace, Satoshi and the others meet a woman named Matsurika who paints wonderful pictures. Matsurika is able to sense how Pokémon feel deep inside, and realizes that Bevenom loves to paint pictures.

Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

-------

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.imgur.com/RJ4AlAG.jpg

What is The Radiant One spoken of in the Alola region?!
The legend of "The Radiant One" has been handed down in the Alola region since ancient times... It's a creature that's even been depicted in an illustration found in an old book as being equal to Solgaleo and Lunala, but just what is it?!

The Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo
A legendary Pokémon that was worshipped in the Alola region as the messenger of the sun.

The Legendary Pokémon Lunala
Much like Solgaleo, it's a legendary Pokémon that was worshipped as the messenger of the moon.

The Radiant One
This gigantic shape depicted together with the legendary Pokémon might be... a Pokémon we still don't know about?!

https://i.imgur.com/fKwKrgR.jpg

This Pokémon is a complete mystery as well! The three secrets of Bevenom!!
Satoshi has a mysterious creature near him as well! Here's a close look at Bevenom, which we have no idea what is going to do!

Secret 1: It loves Pikachu
Bevenom has been clinging to Pikachu ever since they first met! It's been teasing it, playing with it, and always been together with it.
Blurb: It's totally attached toSatoshi as well.

Secret 2: It likes electricity and light!
It gets delighted whenever Pikachu unleashes an electric move! It appears to show visible joy towards bright light as well.
Blurb: If it likes light, it might like The Radiant One as well?

Secret 3: It's a good artist!
Bevenom's pictures are so good they amaze absolutely everyone! It seems it might be using these pictures to express its feelings.
Matsurika: A painter painting pictures in the city. She noticed that Bevenom's pictures might represent its inner feelings.
Aburibbon: Matsurika's partner. It has the power to read people's auras, so it truly understands how Matsurika feels.

The Bevenom art collection
Here's the complete lineup of all the pictures Bevenom has painted! Truth be told, they're all of Pikachu, but still... they're great!
Pikachu: The first picture Bevenom painted! Does it express the joy it felt upon meeting Pikachu?
Beach Pikachu: This one is just the face and tail, but you can still tell it's Pikachu! It has amazing technique!
Pikachu on the blackboard: As long as it has a lot of space to paint on, it's good! This one has both Pikachu and Bevenom in it!
Family?: Satoshi, Professor Burnet, Professor Kukui and Gonbe. Are those that Bevenom is always together with its family?

"The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!" is planned to air August 2nd!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Oh Mina is already appearing? Hmm I am doubting about the trail now. A cool episode!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mina's debut here. It's nice to see that she can see that Poipole is an aspiring artist, but I guess she suspects that it's a Poison-type because of Fairy-type Pokémon being weak to Poison. Hopefully at some point she suggests Ash to go over to Poni Island to continue his island challenge.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I wasn't expecting Mina now, specially when there's no sign of they visiting the seafolk village or Poni. Well, some poipole background is welcome. Maybe it likes to paint because Ultra Megalopolis is all dark and gloomy? Or it misses the Ultra Squad?

Also, I assume since Hapu and Lillie bonding is a given, Ash and Mina interacting is a good warm up to the next trial.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Another poipole focus episode. Still, summary doesn't sound like it will reveal any of the moves of poipole!!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Another poipole focus episode. Still, summary doesn't sound like it will reveal any of the moves of poipole!!
Yeah but unexpectedly she could sense that the move that it uses is Toxic and based on that she determines its typing. If so, I guess that the summary will say something like that Mina finds something weird with Poipole's painting that any of the characters in the SM anime so far haven't noticed.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
It's nice to see Mina debut, thus I'm sure this'll be an interesting episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well...so Mina is debuting here. Nice to see some Poipole focus, and I really hope it gets to do something worthwhile/meaningful in this episode, because FFS, the last time it got an episode focusing on itself, it got nothing out of it except for some petty character development. Hope it finally reveals one of two or its moves here.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Too early for Poipole to evolve, right? Seems to me that this may be a good "Build up another potential ace for Ash" episode, but I'm really hoping it doesn't evolve.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mina? I'm down. Poipole? Meh.

Flip that around and that's my thought on this episode, I'm not a Mina fan. Finally we'll get some actual Poipole focus..... and maybe Mina suggesting Ash try the Poni Trials

Zariful

Flip that around and that's my thought on this episode, I'm not a Mina fan. Finally we'll get some actual Poipole focus..... and maybe Mina suggesting Ash try the Poni Trials
I'd hope that means Ash tries the Fairy Trial then!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Trial captains clearly doesn't even exist in the anime, so I doubt Mina will have anything to do with the Poni trials after all.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd hope that means Ash tries the Fairy Trial then!

Maybe....

Trial captains clearly doesn't even exist in the anime, so I doubt Mina will have anything to do with the Poni trials after all.

Gladion wasn't a Trial Captain and he was the one who suggested Ash go try the Akala Trials
She could easily tell he's doing the Island Trials and suggest going to Poni and completing the trials there

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Definitely an important focus episode for both Ash and Poipole. Maybe it'll be in relation to the theme song too thst focuses on Poipole and how Poipole finally feels like it has a family? I can't wait to hear what Mona will reveal about Poipole. I think that it's cute that it loves painting pictures as well as being attracted to light.

cmarston1

Animation Enthusiast
Mina is appearing here? Cool. Hopefully this will set up Ash going to Poni Island. Also can we please finally have Poipole use an actual move already?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Mina's debut, finally. Nice. While she was never one of my favorite characters in the games, I did find her to be an interesting character at times, and I hope she is as interesting in the anime. (The writers didn't disappoint me with Acerola, so I hope they don't disappoint me with Mina.)

Mina's debut here. It's nice to see that she can see that Poipole is an aspiring artist, but I guess she suspects that it's a Poison-type because of Fairy-type Pokémon being weak to Poison. Hopefully at some point she suggests Ash to go over to Poni Island to continue his island challenge.
I don't think that's going to be it at all. I think Mina is going to sense something else about Poipole. Perhaps she will sense its dislike of darkness (as foreshadowed in the opening theme visuals). Perhaps she will sense its connection to Ultra Space. Whatever she senses, I don't think it will have anything to do with Pokémon types. I think it will serve as foreshadowing for future episodes/a future arc.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Mina might just suspect that Poipole is homesick. It's been in Alola for quite awhile away from others of its kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.