• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 2nd: SM84 - The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Interesting that Poipole considers Kukui and Burnet as part of its family. I guess it may also hint at the loneliness it felt in its original world.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Bah, why couldn't Mina have that weird mushroom Pokemon as her main?
I really hope this doesn't mess with James or Mallow's chances at catching a Ribombee....

Also, I hate that Poipole is one of those people that consider Kukui and Ash family.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I really hope this doesn't mess with James or Mallow's chances at catching a Ribombee....

Also, I hate that Poipole is one of those people that consider Kukui and Ash family.
Because Mina has the whole Totem Ribombee thing is USM. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anyone else catching one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I guess Shiinotic isn’t really that likeable in the view of most people and in one episode it had more focus than Ribombee overall. So why not give Mina a Ribombee?

kickachu

Momentai!
Question should we take that poipole considers the gang family good news or bad news ? I don't want him to be released

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Question should we take that poipole considers the gang family good news or bad news ? I don't want him to be released
It will just make the inevitable release more emotional. So, both.

kickachu

Momentai!
It will just make the inevitable release more emotional. So, both.[/QUOT
Like I said before even though lusamine said it can stay until it's wormhole could be found it might choose to stay with its new family and plus you saw the opening where it was lonely and escaped us

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd say good news if you were hoping Ash wouldn't get a release this saga. There's no reason Poipole has to go back, if Poipole remains a Poipole then I'm pretty certain he'll remain with Ash.
Whether or not Poipole evolves is still up in the air right now, but if it happens then I definitely would start worrying about a release. I'd like a saga break from releases, they never should have returned in the first place honestly

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I'd say good news if you were hoping Ash wouldn't get a release this saga. There's no reason Poipole has to go back, if Poipole remains a Poipole then I'm pretty certain he'll remain with Ash.
Whether or not Poipole evolves is still up in the air right now, but if it happens then I definitely would start worrying about a release. I'd like a saga break from releases, they never should have returned in the first place honestly
agreed, I don't mean to sound like a "genwunner" but back in the original series the releases actually felt sad, nowadays when a release happens it just feels forced and rage inducing

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Because Mina has the whole Totem Ribombee thing is USM. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anyone else catching one.

I guess Shiinotic isn’t really that likeable in the view of most people and in one episode it had more focus than Ribombee overall. So why not give Mina a Ribombee?

Ribombee is her main Pokemon in the games. Makes perfect sense for her to have one here.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ribombee is her main Pokemon in the games. Makes perfect sense for her to have one here.
True I guess. Maybe she could say that there's a even bigger Ribombee somewhere in Poni Island to hint at Totem Ribombee. I wonder if her Ribombee ever helps her in painting.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I hope that a lot more is revealed about Poipole's nature and it's backstory(if is has any) in this episode, and some indications are given too about what kind of role it is gonna eventually play in the Necrozma Arc/the final and important arc of the SM anime.

It's really high time now that Poipole finally reveals/uses a move here and gets to do something meaningful like maybe a battle with Mina's Ribombee. I mean, it's been 14 episodes since Ash has caught Poipole and it has basically done squat.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Secret 2: It likes electricity and light!
It gets delighted whenever Pikachu unleashes an electric move! It appears to show visible joy towards bright light as well.
Blurb: If it likes light, it might like The Radiant One as well?
That last line has piqued my interest. Poipole did react to Ultra Necrozma's image in the book Acerola showed Ash; I was under the impression Poipole might have recognized Ultra Necrozma, although it wasn't entirely clear (which was probably intentional). I wonder if we are going to learn a little bit more about "The Radiant One" in this episode, and perhaps about Poipole's connection to it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I wonder if we are going to learn a little bit more about "The Radiant One" in this episode, and perhaps about Poipole's connection to it.

I think a lot of this stuff is just summarizing what we already know. We also got a two page spread of summaries of all the previous Ultra Beast episodes to promote the upcoming one, remember. That wasn't because those Ultra Beasts are going to be relevant that episode.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Poipole is absolutely going to leave Ash and return back to its home dimension

Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves and probably expected Ash to win the Kalos league as well

We were flat-out told it was going to go home when it first showed up, and however fascinated it is with Pikachu and Ash, last I checked, neither of them were a giant, glowing, legend-slaying, light-devouring deity

It's an Ultra Beast, an invasive destructive species that sadly don't have a place in a world not suited for them

Zariful

I mean if Poipole considers Ash, Kukui and Burnett family, it'll probably wanna stay with them. Especially since it loves playing with Pikachu and making friends. Mina having a Rimbombee doesn't necessarily Ash can't get one or challenge the fairy trial.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Ash doesn't have a Fairy type, so I suspect that Lillie's going to do the Trial

If they do something similar to USM, it'll probably be one of the last ones in the series, where Lillie goes around Alola (courtesy of Nebby's Taxi Service, probably, which is quite undeserved since Ash raised it) and we get a flashback montage and...I dunno, a battle with Ash, since that seems to be a recurring theme when it comes to PokéGirls leaving?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It's an Ultra Beast, an invasive destructive species that sadly don't have a place in a world not suited for them

Ultra Beasts are only dangerous because they're in an unfamiliar place, far from their homes.

Poipole has been in Alola far longer than any of the others, and judging from the opening, Alola's the better alternative.

And Poipole's just a prankster baby. It's not so much destructive as it is obstructive.

I don't doubt that it'll leave at the end, but there's nothing really suggesting it can't stay.

Zariful

Ash doesn't have a Fairy type, so I suspect that Lillie's going to do the Trial

If they do something similar to USM, it'll probably be one of the last ones in the series, where Lillie goes around Alola (courtesy of Nebby's Taxi Service, probably, which is quite undeserved since Ash raised it) and we get a flashback montage and...I dunno, a battle with Ash, since that seems to be a recurring theme when it comes to PokéGirls leaving?
Ash still has an open slot on his team. And Lillie would probably get a Z ring to use her ice crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.