• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 2nd: SM84 - The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summaries:

Satoshi meets Matsurika, a woman that paints wonderful pictures. It appears she can sense Pokémon's feelings, and she picks up something about Satoshi's Pokémon Bevenom.

------

While visiting the marketplace, Satoshi and the others meet a woman named Matsurika who paints wonderful pictures. Matsurika is able to sense how Pokémon feel deep inside, and realizes that Bevenom loves to paint pictures.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
What's going on with Pikachu in that one pic?? Is that a move??

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What's going on with Pikachu in that one pic?? Is that a move??
which one? The one with the blue light is from sm61 (IIRC, it was quick attack)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
which one? The one with the blue light is from sm61 (IIRC, it was quick attack)

Where it's like floating next to Poipole.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Where it's like floating next to Poipole.
yep quick attack (unless you mean when they're smiling towards the camera, in that case it was just them after eating some berries)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
yep quick attack (unless you mean when they're smiling towards the camera, in that case it was just them after eating some berries)

Huh, but it hasn't really had a full body surrounding aura like that in sun and moon. Is that from this episode or a previous one?

ShadowForce720

Huh, but it hasn't really had a full body surrounding aura like that in sun and moon. Is that from this episode or a previous one?
yeah it's Quick Attack the scene your talking about is from episode 61 it was right after Buzzwole knocked Pikachu up into the sky and then Ash ordered Pikachu to use Quick Attack while it was falling resulting in the blue aura that was surrounding it's body.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
heh, team skull is here?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ah, so Team Skull will be here in this episode for some action. Nice to know, great relief to know that. :) Now we will surely at last get to see Poipole in battling action and using its moves in the clash with Team Skull. :D

Remix2

Oh boy I can wait for team skull to come back and get destroyed by z moves in 5 second and doing nothing of note

Can we please get Guzma and/or plumeria already.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh boy I can wait for team skull to come back and get destroyed by z moves in 5 second and doing nothing of note

Can we please get Guzma and/or plumeria already.
Nah, I don't think so. This episode is focused on Poipole, so I'm pretty sure that Poipole will do something meaningful in the skirmish with Team Skull.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's about time Team Skull returned as the source of conflict, rather than the writers using Team Rocket again. Perhaps we will finally see Poipole in battle? That would be nice. I am slightly curious as to how Team Skull will be the source of conflict, since they aren't exactly known for any sort of schemes the way Team Rocket is.

But to be honest, I'm much more interested in Mina and what she has to say about Poipole's feelings based off of the pictures its paints. As I said in an earlier post, she always struck me as a rather interesting character, if for no other reason than she is so peculiar, and I hope the anime writers stay true to that aspect of her game persona. (They were pretty loyal with Acerola, so I have high hopes.) I also wonder how her Ribombee allows her to understand how a Pokémon feels.

Last edited:

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Glad to see Team Skull instead of Team Rocket. Curious to see Mina's character in the show and the way she will see through Poipole's feelings through its paintings. Maybe her Ribombee plays a role there too.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
why is Faba in this one?

He's part of Aether, who are researching Ultra Beasts. This is an episode about an Ultra Beast. So it stands to reason he'll make some sort of appearance.

I mean, it's better than only Lusamine, Wicke, and Burnet appearing purely because of stock footage like in the Ultra Guardians episodes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
And 18 episodes since their last appearance, Team Skull finally shows up again!
Watch as they disappear for yet another 20 episodes after this

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
And 18 episodes since their last appearance, Team Skull finally shows up again!
Watch as they disappear for yet another 20 episodes after this
Even though I am not a huge fan of Team Skull although I definitely prefer them over Team Rocket, at least for now, I do wish the writers would take advantage of them and use them more often. They may be a bunch of bumbling idiots, but they could present a decent threat in the right situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.