• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 2nd: SM84 - The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Even though I am not a huge fan of Team Skull although I definitely prefer them over Team Rocket, at least for now, I do wish the writers would take advantage of them and use them more often. They may be a bunch of bumbling idiots, but they could present a decent threat in the right situations.

Team Skull were practically made to do the Trio's job. The TRio appearing simply to sell food or be announcers or participate in events would be fine, they won't need to cause trouble every time they appear.
Team Skull should be the cause of the problem of the day way more than they actually are... and they should be allowed to meet Team Rocket again too. That rivalry had so much potential

Red and Blue

I do hope they mention Guzma. I'm still hopeful for him since they haven't introduced Golisopod yet

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's about time Team Skull returned as the source of conflict, rather than the writers using Team Rocket again. Perhaps we will finally see Poipole in battle? That would be nice. I am slightly curious as to how Team Skull will be the source of conflict, since they aren't exactly known for any sort of schemes the way Team Rocket is.

But to be honest, I'm much more interested in Mina and what she has to say about Poipole's feelings based off of the pictures its paints. As I said in an earlier post, she always struck me as a rather interesting character, if for no other reason than she is so peculiar, and I hope the anime writers stay true to that aspect of her game persona. (They were pretty loyal with Acerola, so I have high hopes.) I also wonder how her Ribombee allows her to understand how a Pokémon feels.

I never found Mina that interesting. I could basically guess her entire character base solely on her appearance, down to what type she specialized in.

If she can sense what Poipole feels, perhaps we will get a flashback to its past.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Skull-dan's presence here is neat since they haven't had much screen-time recently. I hope that this is building up to a Guzma reveal, although that might be a stretch.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Nice to see Skull here. If it wasn't for Mina and TS, I'd be skipping this episode. G̶u̶z̶m̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶e̶s̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶/̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶z̶.̶

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Eww, Faba again, god damn it pokemon stop trying to make Faba happen, it's never gonna happen -_-...

DatsRight

It's possible he's dealing with the consequences of the shrink ray fiasco last episode (he shrunk his boss' daughter and got her in mortal peril, that's......not safe for his employment).

Alternatively he might be considering new ambitions now he knows what his technology is capable of. What's to stop him shrinking his bosses and taking over Aether? Shrinking the world??? BACK OFF!!! HE'S GOT A SHRINK GUN!!!

I might even theorise one or more of the characters possibly staying shrunk for more than one episode and him being forced to take care of it, but the summaries and articles make no hints to it, and I don't think Ash would be doing a laid back plot like this straight after if so (he's normal sized in the promo and if Lillie was stuck shrunk there's no way he wouldn't be keeping his eye on her).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe Team Skull will try to ruin Poipole’s painting. I also expect that Faba will watch Poipole in secret, perhaps plotting what’s to come for the Ultra Beast.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mina catching all those visual art diaries, especially one with her mouth, was quite hilarious. It was also hilarious seeing Team Skull trying to draw Garbodor and Rapp trying to draw Zubat. And the moon seems to remind Poipole of its home.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Why am I not surprised that the character this episode is focused on is the least intriguing aspect of the episode? I'm interested in Skull and, more importantly, Mina. I hope she motivates Ash to go to Poni's trials in the future.

CabochonJaw

This is my first time seeing Mina. Oh dear... I feel like Felix meeting Oscar (odd couple). She looks so messy/splattered/in need of a face cloth, but I'm sure she's a nice person.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hahahaha oh look TS doing absolutely nothing again, I'm shocked I tell you lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This is my first time seeing Mina. Oh dear... I feel like Felix meeting Oscar (odd couple). She looks so messy/splattered/in need of a face cloth, but I'm sure she's a nice person.
Yeah, Mina's definitely nice, especially with Poipole, considering how much she could sense about it even though she hasn't met it before. Her splattered face has already grown on me as part of her design, so I wouldn't mind that too much.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, so are Team Skull gonna do nothing in this episode and just be here for some comical/back story stuff??? I certainly hope that this doesn't turns out to be another merelt character development episode for Poipole like the Minior episode, I badly want to see Poipole in action and use some moves of its own! :(

Red and Blue

Mina looks really cute animated? She was always my favorite trial captain so I'm looking forward to next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.