• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 2nd: SM84 - The Shape of Family: Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
No he didn't he had six Pokemon for the league. Unless you mean only five kalos captures which is still meeting the requirement

Where did I even mention the league? I'm talking while travelling Kalos he only had 5 on him. He only had a full team at the league is my point so the same could happen in Alola. He saves the last slot for a popular Kanto mon which as much as I hate it would likely be Charizard. Personally I'd love to see Squirtle over anyone.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash suddenly resorting to his reserves for not filling the sixth spot would be weird considering he apparently considered the option at the Kalos League but chose not to. Most likely, he'll get his sixth Alolan spot similarly ala Togekiss. I can bet for sure it won't be as amazing once Poipole evolves, it being an Ultra Beast and all.

Anyhow, Poipole's obvious release will surely happen after the league is over. No way can Ash suddenly be on the lookout for two more Pokemon (which is weird since...this is the show about catching them all).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash suddenly resorting to his reserves for not filling the sixth spot would be weird considering he apparently considered the option at the Kalos League but chose not to. Most likely, he'll get his sixth Alolan spot similarly ala Togekiss. I can bet for sure it won't be as amazing once Poipole evolves, it being an Ultra Beast and all.

Anyhow, Poipole's obvious release will surely happen after the league is over. No way can Ash suddenly be on the lookout for two more Pokemon (which is weird since...this is the show about catching them all).
I'd rather not have another Togekiss situation :/

Xuxuba

I don't expect Benevom to leave here, because he didn't get to do something relevant so far and some moments seem to foreshadow that he is going to play a bigger role in the ultra beast arc.

I don't believe Ash is going to use him in the league though. Benevom doesn't seem to care about battling and Ash doesn't seem to care about training him either, since he hasn't used Benevom in a single battle yet, despite the ultra beast being introduced long time ago.

It wouldn't be the first time that a pokemon wasn't used on battles by it's official trainer and rather played a less action-y role.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Idk what will happen, but if they said that it will released when they find the right Ultra Whole. Benevom is Nebby xD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't expect Benevom to leave here, because he didn't get to do something relevant so far and some moments seem to foreshadow that he is going to play a bigger role in the ultra beast arc.
I definitely think it is too early for Poipole to leave here. It seems that we're quite far off from the climax so Poipole leaving never to return would simply be a waste of the setup that was built up for it.

ShadowForce720

You never know, see Nebby for example.

That's not really comparable because he never officially owned Nebby, as he never caught it, and was just looking after it, where Poipole in Poipole's case on the other hand he officially caught it and it is a member of his team and before you bring up that oh well "Poipole hasn't done much, so that means it's not part of his team", not really because we have similar cases with Ash's other pokemon were they hardly did anything and it took them a while to be used in a battle and get development which heck a prime example of that was Ash's Noibat/Noivern where even though it was obtain in X&Y episode 76 it didn't really have any battle usage until some brief moments where it as used against Team Flare episodes 93 and 102 of X&Y and then having more of actual battle with a wild Breloom in episode 104 of X&Y and then it had some more battles once it evolved into Noivern.

Plus there would be literally no point in Ash catching Poipole if he wasn't going to use it in the league and if it was going to leave before the league, because no matter how you look at it if Poipole was going to be leaving before the league then they could have had it be a case similar to Nebby where Ash never actually catches it and it wind ups just being look after by him, not to mention that if it leaves before the league then it would mean he would have to get 2 more teams members instead of one and that one would have even less time to develop because of the fact that you wasted time giving it's slot to a pokemon that wasn't going to be participating in the league.

I mean Poipole permanently leaving Ash before the league would be like if Noibat left Ash permeant before the league, which wouldn't make that much sense.

Henry's Journey

Well, after watching the 2nd preview... Poipole looks sad but why? the light reminds it of its ultra hole/home? Idk, and Mina looks like an interesting character.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, after watching the 2nd preview... Poipole looks sad but why? the light reminds it of its ultra hole/home? Idk, and Mina looks like an interesting character.
Well the light thing was in the other preview too. Anyway there isn't really anything new in the 2nd preview but I still love Mina's signature pose where she looks like she is creating a frame with her fingers.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Where did I even mention the league? I'm talking while travelling Kalos he only had 5 on him. He only had a full team at the league is my point so the same could happen in Alola. He saves the last slot for a popular Kanto mon which as much as I hate it would likely be Charizard. Personally I'd love to see Squirtle over anyone.

With Kiawe owning a Charizard too (granted it's more of a ride pokemon but it has shown to fight.) the only way it would make sense "if" that did happen, would be if somehow the two Charizard Mega Stones came into play to give some difference to the two.

Back on topic, does anyone know what Mina was "chanting" she said something multiple times but I don't know what it was.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Back on topic, does anyone know what Mina was "chanting" she said something multiple times but I don't know what it was.
I heard her say 'kanashii' several times, which means sad in Japanese. So she could be referring to how Poipole feels about its old home.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wouldn't be surprised if none of Poipole's moves get revealed here. Maybe the writers want to keep the mysterious vibe of Poipole for a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.