• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: PM2019 035 - I Got Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Go was next to an Alolan Raichu in the first poster so I'm betting on the Alolan one. It will probably be his first regional variant

I don't know...I thought that was just them showing off Aoloa mons for when they went there (which nothing has come from yet)...

Though I certainly wouldn't mind. Alolan Raichu could use some more love. Especially if it means Stocked Sparksurfer finally gets animated (even if it's Goh of all people who uses it :confused:)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Either the writers want another Pikachu for a future episode so Goh just decides he wants one in this episode.

Some event happens that makes Goh want a Pikachu. This would likely be in the episode itself as I can't see where it would fit in any of our other episodes, or Goh just finds Ash's Pikachu cool and wants one of his own.

Or the writers just want 2 Pikachu on the cast.

The title makes me think he will either catch something or develop in some way. But I don't think it will be a straightforward episode.

If the Trio appears, I do hope that they bring their A game, otherwise I think that the episode could accomplish more without them.

I'm not on the "Ash is going to replacedzzz" gang but a part of me wonders if Goh getting his own Pikachu wouldn't be a test to see how the audience react to another character/protagonist having a Pikachu.

Not that I think Ash will be replaced but depending on how the episode plays out I think it can be interpreted as some sort of experiment

Mew29240

I like Pikachu but not looking forward to another one potentially being on the cast. While I wouldn't mind if they went to the Pikachu Valley, I'd prefer their first (re)visit to Alola is something more important

Those Pikachu all belong to Pikala, so Goh couldn't get one there.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm not on the "Ash is going to replacedzzz" gang but a part of me wonders if Goh getting his own Pikachu wouldn't be a test to see how the audience react to another character/protagonist having a Pikachu.

Not that I think Ash will be replaced but depending on how the episode plays out I think it can be interpreted as some sort of experiment
Since Goh wants to catch them all, I expect that his future Pikachu to evolve and him to end up with a Raichu, sure he could always catch a Raichu, but they don’t have a problem evolving his Pokémon either so I believe that him evolving his Pikachu will happen just so Ash’s Pikachu is the only one.

Mew29240

Meant that being the inspiration for wanting one (beside the obvious of Ash having one)

Ah, sorry about that! Though I doubt Goh needs any more inspiration to catch a Pikachu besides needing one for the dex and seeing how strong Ash's Pikachu is.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

Even if this isn't their primary motive, I do expect that they will closely be watching viewers reactions to the new dynamic. Pikachu is still the most marketed pokemon and likely their greatest source of merchandise revenue. The only thing more adorable than Pikachu is Scorbunny line multiple Pikachu interacting with one another and displaying different quirks.

It could also be a way to ensure that there is a Pikachu on the cast if Goh and Ash are working separately like in episode 32.

ShadowForce720

Well, unlike Ash, Goh actually has two perfectly reasonable goals that easily fit into the main game's themes, which can run on forever without sounding silly in nature.

The problem is what screws Goh over something fierce is that he is into Serenaism: battles aren't for him.

Although if you look at it Go is warming up to Pokémon Battles so by the time we get to the end of gen 8 he will have already become an active battler.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We got the staff list:

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
Animation Director 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai)
Animation Director 武内啓 (Akira Takeuchi)
Animation Director 野村美妃 (Miki Nomura)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ace-Barn said:
Either the writers want another Pikachu for a future episode so Goh just decides he wants one in this episode.

Some event happens that makes Goh want a Pikachu. This would likely be in the episode itself as I can't see where it would fit in any of our other episodes, or Goh just finds Ash's Pikachu cool and wants one of his own.

Or the writers just want 2 Pikachu on the cast.

I doubt that they want two Pikachu in the main cast since Gou is unlikely to have his Pikachu with him all the time anyway, or at least I wouldn't really see the point of something like that. One Pikachu is more than enough otherwise the writers would've definitely jumped at the chance of having a second Pikachu in the cast a long time ago.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Omode episode? I'm interested!

The only thing more adorable than Pikachu is Scorbunny line multiple Pikachu interacting with one another and displaying different quirks.

Chespin is the cutest and one day the world will wake up and awknowledge this fact
(but Scorbunny's adorable as well. Second favorite of mine)

And yeah, gotta give multichus so merchandise plush can sell new variants of the same pokémon

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Even I want a Pikachu ! xD However , I'm happy if Go gets one as well. Moveset recommendation : Nuzzle, Agility , Dig , Thunderbolt(commonality) . But I wonder if they will showcase all the moves in debut episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.