• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: PM2019 035 - I Got Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It's probably Femchu who is evolving, the male one in the promo is most likely one of the other Pikachu in a mass evolution scene like with the Ivysaur.

Ash and Goh will probably freak out for two seconds thinking Pikachu evolved and then Pikachu will come wondering out from behind the rock, Ash will say thank god Pikachu is okay and then Goh will catch female Raichu, end of episode lol.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
If Goh's Pikachu doesn't evolve then I wonder if that might have some implications for the future of Ash and his own Pikachu
Why it would?Pikachu would just rot in Cerise lab except Pokemon named: Farfetch'd, Sobble, Raboot, Scyther and Beedrill( and probably Heracross now). Not to mention that in the end of Journeys Go will likely leave.. so no complications for Ash and Pikachu

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Could this be in Alola with Go getting an Alolan Raichu?

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Can't wait for a male pikachu and female pikachu to run behind a rock, then a flash, and then a male pikachu and female raichu come out from behind it, and then the episode is going to act like we don't know how gender differences work, which is probably what this episode's real focus is

Heck, it may be a completely different male pikachu, much like how the bug trade episode's preview acted like the lovey-dovey pinsir was a wild one rather than being Go's

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Pikachu we saw evolving was male.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Ash and Goh will probably freak out for two seconds thinking Pikachu evolved and then Pikachu will come wondering out from behind the rock...
That'd remind me of when Misty hugged Golduck thinking her Psyduck evolved in the original series.

SlimKennedy

Seems like this is the case, as that was a male Raichu in the preview
We also saw multiple Pikachu digging for thunder stones. It's probably a mass evolution episode, like the Bulbasaur/Ivysaur episode. If you look at the preview, the male Pikachu is evolving out in the open. The female Pikachu chased Ash's behind a rock before the glow of evolution occurred. The whole point is to make the evolution unseen in an attempt to make people believe in the absurd notion that Ash's Pikachu just might evolve after all.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just realize it'll be the first time we'll see a Pikachu evolving on screen. Before that we just had a cartoony montage when they were explaining stone evolution mechanics. I think that was on XY

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:
LMAO, clickbait sites are having a field day with this episode
EgWd4OfXYAEaZj7

That's irritating, and it reminds me of the headlines about Satoshi's Alola League win and how sources in the West in particular claimed that he was now a Pokemon Master. I feel like this instance will be more damaging since it's going to blow up in their faces once people realize that Pikachu won't really evolve here.

Durrendal

Hear me out.

It's very unlikely but they might evolve Ash's Pikachu.

Why? They're giving Go his own Pikachu. Since Pikachu is the biggest symbol of the series, they are transferring the protagonist badge to Go. Sort of like how a scepter and crown was the symbol of kingship and was passed down to the next in line.

Ash will be sidelined and Go will be the new protagonist.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Durrendal said:
Hear me out.

It's very unlikely but they might evolve Ash's Pikachu.

Why? They're giving Go his own Pikachu. Since Pikachu is the biggest symbol of the series, they are transferring the protagonist badge to Go. Sort of like how a scepter and crown was the symbol of kingship and was passed down to the next in line.

Ash will be sidelined and Go will be the new protagonist.

That's not happening. Pikachu's face is plastered on tons of merchandise scans that showcase Pokemon that we know won't appear until after this episode airs, and it's very clearly meant to be Satoshi's Pikachu that's being promoted on those scans given that he's grouped with things like Riolu and Kamonegi on many of them. Not to mention the new Opening, which shows Pikachu in several scenes with Satoshi.

Frankly after the whole Messon bait-and-switch from a few weeks ago, I'm surprised that people are so eager to believe that the evolution here is Satoshi's Pikachu evolving.

Status
Not open for further replies.