• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: PM2019 035 - I Got Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
How are they even going to fill 20 min with this?
Team Rocket doing their usual shenanigans. Really hope they don’t appear again for a while after this.

D

Deleted member 384931

They're barely even in this season. Though I also am not a fan of the usual TR episodes where they just try to catch Pikachu. They need more individual moments this season though, like in SM.
Well almost every episode they were in until now they were plot devices

Red and Blue

Pikachu’s still listed as Pikachu in future cast lists, so this episode is already confirmed to be a waste of time, just like the previous one
It's not a waste of time if Go gets the female Pikachu. That's a pretty big deal

Eh, doesn't really surprise me that Ash's Pikachu isn't evolving. Sounds like your usual Pikachu-evolving fake-out episode. I'm more interested in seeing whether they're able to make it entertaining or not considering we've seen the same plot numerous times already. Probably going to end with Gou capturing the female Pikachu which evolves into Raichu.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
How is it a waste of time if it's a filler? It can still be a fun and cute episode. Was every series so annoying to talk about here like this one is? Give it a break lol

dman_dustin

How is it a waste of time if it's a filler? It can still be a fun and cute episode. Was every series so annoying to talk about here like this one is? Give it a break lol

I think people are saying that Go could've caught Pikachu just fine, that's not the problematic part.

The problematic part is beyond stupid Pikachu evolving bit which was ABSOLUTELY unnecessary.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
But we know, right? They stumble behind the rock, the female evolves. Life goes on.
And? The episode can have cute moments with all the Pikachu, goh's Pikachu personality seems interesting, gengar is set to appear, maybe TR won't be as annoying, I mean the episode hasn't even come out and people are like why this exists? Couldn't that be said for every single filler episode then? I wish people would stop judging an episode coz it's filler and focus on the episode itself.

dman_dustin

I agree the bait seems unnecessary but I'm waiting to see how it plays out

I don't think that's necessarily the point here.

The point is this should've JUST been mostly about Go catching a Pikachu, and whatever happens with Gengar and Team Rocket, and potentially Farfetch'd if it appears.

Ash's Pikachu didn't need focus in the context of "OH NO WILL IT EVOLVE OR NOT!"

No, it's not going to evolve, period, why even bother with a stupid fake out. If Pikachu was learning a cool move, maybe Surf instead of Iron Tail or Extreme Speed instead of Quick attack, then I would justify Ash's Pikachu being in this episode.

But no can't have a Pikachu focused episode without shoving Ash's Pikachu into the mix. The only important part is likely the whole Team Rocket grabs Pikachu before its exposed to the Thunderstone and gets taken, and Ash might use Gengar and/or Farfetch'd to free Pikachu along with Go's Pikachu and or Raichu. And that's the only way this makes this interesting.

But it could've been done WITHOUT the evolution fake out.

Status
Not open for further replies.