• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: PM2019 035 - I Got Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

We will know whether Pikachu did evolve or not in the summary and voice cast for the next episode. Also for those saying that there's no Gigantimax Raichu, don't forget that they haven't revealed the Crown Tundra DLC yet. Chances may be they will reveal a Gigantimax Raichu among others, though this may not have any bearing of whether Ash's Pikachu will evolve.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Is this gonna be Misty's Golduck all over again...? Different plot not withstanding

SlimKennedy

My guess based on the synopsis and preview:

Ash and Goh encounter a group of Pikachu attempting to dig up thunder stones in order to evolve into Riachu. Goh captures a female Pikachu that has a crush on Ash's. Goh's Pikachu finds a thunder stone, which it attempts to give to Ash's, but it accidentally evolves itself instead.

And I'm guessing when they get to Alola, Goh catches a male Alolan Riachu to replace Ash's Pikachu as Riachu's crush.

Icy-Snowflake

To anyone who can't wait till Sunday / thinks that Pikachu evolves, special note: We'll get to know that Pikachu won't evolve on Saturday itself.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
What annoys me is the fact that they are giving Goh special treatment in this anime! Within a single season, Goh has surpassed Ash has having the most Pokemon at a Professor's lab then Ash has in 23 years?! And they're giving him a Pikachu of his own which will probably evolve into a Raichu. Others may love this but It just doesn't sit well with me!

D

Deleted member 384931

I would love if Ash reacts crazy if he think Pikach evolved. The only thing that is bugging me os thatbit is a male Riachu

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What annoys me is the fact that they are giving Goh special treatment in this anime! Within a single season, Goh has surpassed Ash has having the most Pokemon at a Professor's lab then Ash has in 23 years?! And they're giving him a Pikachu of his own which will probably evolve into a Raichu. Others may love this but It just doesn't sit well with me!
A majority of Go’s captures are irrelevant and thus don’t matter. Who cares. Only a small handful of Go’s mons will matter and be used, the rest are just background characters with no relevance at all.

ShadowForce720

Yeah. Image if it evolves lol

Just pointing this out but it’s going to be hilarious if instead of having Ash’s Pikachu in the VA list they have Raichu in Ash’s Pikachu’s spot in the VA lost instead.

Just to make this clear personally I don’t think Ash’s Pikachu will evolve, but I will find it completely hilarious if it does evolve given the amounts of people that are so sure that it won’t.

SlimKennedy

I would love if Ash reacts crazy if he think Pikach evolved. The only thing that is bugging me os thatbit is a male Riachu
The thing is, we know that there are a lot of Pikachu attempting to evolve. It makes sense that we'd see multiple evolutions in this episode.

dman_dustin

Female Pikachu isn't evolving the Pikachu that evolves is male.

BUT I suppose its possible for multiple pokemon to evolve. So two different scenes

Unlike others of their species, Pikachu, Meowth, and Eevee with the Gigantamax Factor cannot evolve.
It is written in Bulbapedia too, have your doubts cleared.

You had to go with game mechanic didn't you? The narrative argument would've made more sense. And you went with programming that doesn't have to be translated into the anime because its not bound to technical limitation?

Sure.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The amount of captures Go got was always fated to be far more than Ash considering his goal. Gary had 200-some Pokemon in just Kanto, don't forget. And his Pikachu probably will evolve into Raichu, but seeing as Pikachu is the company mascot, that isn't a good thing.

Master Pikachu 11

Really! This is the biggest clickbait/troll job of an episode that I have seen in a Pokémon journeys episode, just like the reluctant Pikachu episode, this is a completely unnecessary episode and to make it seem like Pikachu is evolving behind a rock is so trollish. Yeah writers and anime staff your not going to full us, ever since the Sobble episode I have decided to go into each episode being more skeptical about each summary of each of the episodes. The only thing that may surprise me is if Goh doesn’t catch a Pikachu after all of this, which would then make the episode even more filler.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm here for the Gengar appearance, not gonna lie.. and aw, some people actually think there's a chance of Ash's Pikachu evolving, that's adorable..
It’s prob only there for a cameo since I really see no purpose of it appearing in a another Pikachu focused ep except for a small cameo. Still better than nothing tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.