• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: PM2019 035 - I Got Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hear me out.

It's very unlikely but they might evolve Ash's Pikachu.

Why? They're giving Go his own Pikachu. Since Pikachu is the biggest symbol of the series, they are transferring the protagonist badge to Go. Sort of like how a scepter and crown was the symbol of kingship and was passed down to the next in line.

Ash will be sidelined and Go will be the new protagonist.
Hahahaha.

No. Dismissed.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh idk. 90% he wont, 10% he will. Journies surprised me before

dman_dustin

Frankly after the whole Messon bait-and-switch from a few weeks ago, I'm surprised that people are so eager to believe that the evolution here is Satoshi's Pikachu evolving.

Um, wouldn't it be the opposite, people believe Pikachu WON'T evolve so doesn't that mean the bait and switch is Pikachu actually evolving.

Or are we going SOLELY with the idea that kids think Pikachu will evolve, and that's what matters here, like tricking children into believing Ash would get Sobble. Not entirely sure on why they would do that.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Um, wouldn't it be the opposite, people believe Pikachu WON'T evolve so doesn't that mean the bait and switch is Pikachu actually evolving.

Or are we going SOLELY with the idea that kids think Pikachu will evolve, and that's what matters here, like tricking children into believing Ash would get Sobble. Not entirely sure on why they would do that.
Cause kids are naturally naive and are more likely to believe what they see. (I’m not being sarcastic here btw)

ShadowForce720

The Pikachu evolving thing....sure.

But why trick kids into thinking Ash was going to get Sobble, I feel like that comes off more as malicious than a good "SURPRISE! Go is getting it!"

I don’t think that comes off as malicious sure some people here didn’t like it, but I wouldn’t be that surprised if the kids were actually really happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d as they might not put as much of an emphasis on typing.

If anything the whole Pikachu evolving thing would be more malicious.

dman_dustin

I don’t think that comes off as malicious sure some people here didn’t like it, but I wouldn’t be that surprised if the kids were actually really happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d as they might not put as much of an emphasis on typing.

Unless you meant because they hate Sobble, I can't imagine why kids would be happy that Ash was apparently robbed of an 8th generation starter and just given some random bird Pokemon. Especially one that Go already had.

If anything the whole Pikachu evolving thing would be more malicious.
Aside from kids who like Raichu more, I can't see why that would be more malicious, unless Pikachu actually evolved.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
LMAO, clickbait sites are having a field day with this episode
EgWd4OfXYAEaZj7
My favorite was one that said something along the lines of “Prepared to have your childhood ruined?” with a picture of Pikachu holding a Thunderstone

ShadowForce720

Unless you meant because they hate Sobble, I can't imagine why kids would be happy that Ash was apparently robbed of an 8th generation starter and just given some random bird Pokemon. Especially one that Go already had.

Aside from kids who like Raichu more, I can't see why that would be more malicious, unless Pikachu actually evolved.

Ash wasn’t robbed of a 8th generation starter. Also if the kids were happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d instead of Sobble that doesn’t automatically mean that they hate Sobble.

In all honesty this whole idea that if someone is happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d over Sobble that somehow means they must hate Sobble is absolutely ridiculous.

Plus Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d is significantly different then Go’s Farfetch’d no matter how you try to argue it.

Again sure some people may not like the situation with Sobble but that doesn’t mean that it was malicious.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

We cant say Ash was robbed of a Gen 8 starter Pokemon until its confirmed he isnt getting Grookey

ShadowForce720

Even then, he wouldn’t be robbed of the gen 8 starters if he didn’t get any of them, because of the simple fact that he is not entitled to them.

Sure he has gotten at least one regional starter each generation but that doesn’t mean that always has to be the case.

And personally I don’t have a problem if he didn’t get any of the gen 8 starters this time around not because I hate them or have something against them.

But more along the lines that I would be interested to see what they would give him instead if he doesn’t get any of the gen 8 starters.

dman_dustin

Ash wasn’t robbed of a 8th generation starter. Also if the kids were happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d instead of Sobble that doesn’t automatically mean that they hate Sobble.

In all honesty this whole idea that if someone is happy that Ash got Galarian Farfetch’d over Sobble that somehow means they must hate Sobble is absolutely ridiculous.

Plus Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d is significantly different then Go’s Farfetch’d no matter how you try to argue it.

Again sure some people may not like the situation with Sobble but that doesn’t mean that it was malicious.

I was speaking from the perspective of the children who thought "HEY Ash is getting a starter"

NOPE.

I wasn't actually saying Go robbed Ash's Sobble and kept it as his own. I was speaking figuratively.

Rune Knight

Would suck if both Pikachus touched the thunderstone simultaneously, but since the stone only radiates enough power for one pokémon they each get half an evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.