• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 30th: SM88 - Lunala VS UB: BLACK! A Battle at Full Moon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Leonhart

Imagineer
Almighty Zard said:
today's episode and the preview make me wonder, if Jessie and James are effected, does that mean their sitting this out?

Given their recent antics, them sitting out this episode's main event by sleeping won't exactly bother me. They just seem somewhat out of their depth, what with so many other characters around.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
it just strikes me as odd that Jessie and James wouldn't be involved...then again Bewear probably won't let them given how dangerous Necrozma is.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I think the only thing that machine accomplished was dispersing the clouds so they find that Ultra wormhole.
It was mentioned that the clouds caused this. The adults looked a bit happier after they were cleared. The Ultra Aura thing may still be causing problems, but I think the adults should be fine now, unless Necrozma creates another problem that makes people feel worse, as was shown in this episode's preview.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
They theorized that the depression was caused by the lowering levels of Ultra Aura, not the fact adults need natural sunlight to function

Also, if you need Ultra Aura in order to pull off Z-moves, how were they able to use them in Kanto, where I'm reasonably certain Ultra Necrozma has never set foot?

DatsRight

Not recurring.

General in the whole series.

General in the whole anime you mean. SM's guilty of it but it's hardly exceptional about it. (Helped by a lot of the stories being mundane enough to not even require a DEM I'll admit.)

Given their recent antics, them sitting out this episode's main event by sleeping won't exactly bother me. They just seem somewhat out of their depth, what with so many other characters around.

Given how little they use them and how bland their face offs are with the twerps are now, I almost feel like the writers are trying to faze the TRio out again. I mean, it likely won't work even if it's true (they failed to during BW already) but this series is perhaps the most blatant case of the show venting that they have no place in this story. Bewear almost feels like an author avatar telling them to keep their interfering butts out of the bigger picture.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

General in the whole anime you mean. SM's guilty of it but it's hardly exceptional about it. (Helped by a lot of the stories being mundane enough to not even require a DEM I'll admit.)

Given how little they use them and how bland their face offs are with the twerps are now, I almost feel like the writers are trying to faze the TRio out again. I mean, it likely won't work even if it's true (they failed to during BW already) but this series is perhaps the most blatant case of the show venting that they have no place in this story. Bewear almost feels like an author avatar telling them to keep their interfering butts out of the bigger picture.
What is DEM?

DatsRight

What is DEM?

Deus Ex Machina. Basically whenever the protagonists are in a bad spot, and win by some abrupt miracle rather than their own competence.

The anime has done this from day one, with miracle evolutions and move learns and other interruptions in the large majority of situations where a big climax isn't completely one sided in the twerps' favour, to the point you can tell just from when the villain is allowed to get in a single hit that the twerps aren't gonna win on their own.

Yeah it's annoying, and SM has done it bad too, but I struggle to remember much any big villain plots throughout the entire anime where Ash and co won just by being competent and persistent with no cosmic help. My expectations of them have always been low, which is why I'm glad SM at least got the point to make villain plots the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Deus Ex Machina. Basically whenever the protagonists are in a bad spot, and win by some abrupt miracle rather than their own competence.

The anime has done this from day one, with miracle evolutions and move learns and other interruptions in the large majority of situations where a big climax isn't completely one sided in the twerps' favour, to the point you can tell just from when the villain is allowed to get in a single hit that the twerps aren't gonna win on their own.

Yeah it's annoying, and SM has done it bad too, but I struggle to remember much any big villain plots throughout the entire anime where Ash and co won just by being competent and persistent with no cosmic help. My expectations of them have always been low, which is why I'm glad SM at least got the point to make villain plots the exception rather than the rule.
Yeah. But I dont really see TF as a DEM. Necrozma will regain its true form and maybe they will calm it down because TR cant catch or control it

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Necrozma will regain its true form and maybe they will calm it down because TR cant catch or control it
Maybe Necrozma is just hungry for more light as it has lost the light from many years ago. Maybe the Z-Crystals the gang would have would respond to Necrozma for some strange reason and that gives them a hint to use their Z-Crystals to calm Necrozma down.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe Necrozma is just hungry for more light as it has lost the light from many years ago. Maybe the Z-Crystals the gang would have would respond to Necrozma for some strange reason and that gives them a hint to use their Z-Crystals to calm Necrozma down.
Maybe yes

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe yes
Yeah. Thinking about it, Necrozma's light is highly linked to Z-Power so using the Z-Power from the Z-Crystals to restore Necrozma to its former glory would work.

DatsRight

Yeah. But I dont really see TF as a DEM. Necrozma will regain its true form and maybe they will calm it down because TR cant catch or control it

Maybe, though it still kinda had that formula of an outside force stepping in and doing the twerps job for them effortlessly after they failed, even if it was maybe a better less predictably flowed example.

I don't remember a lot of villain battles that didn't end up just two sides trading curbstomps through plot convenience really, ironically BW TR were perhaps the most likely to have even handed battles where Ash just soldiered through, and even then cop outs did happen.

I can appreciate that the Ultra Guardians up until this point have put into situations they have to win solo by being clever though, even if they were more mundane face-offs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It'll be likely we'll see Moongeist Beam here considering it's Lunala's signature move. I just want to see it's animation and either we have Lunala using it on Necrozma or Dawn Wings Necrozma attacking Nebby with it.

DatsRight

It's an Ultra Guardian situation so I'm tempted to think the twerps might be forced to do something mildly intuitive throughout the whole thing, if in a silly mundane sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.