• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 4th: SM133 - A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Well episode 135 confirme Sophocles' lost. Glad that was spoiled early

I thought that was confirmed the moment the match-ups were revealed.

dman_dustin

Feels like they spoiled the end of the battle in the preview by showing Rowlet freaking out when one of Decidueye's arrows flutters down and hits the ground near it

That really feels like a post-battle gag

I'm not sure what you mean.

Rowlet freaked out because the arrow hit its shadow (by not paying attention when he swallowed the everstone), which was revealed in the previous episode that prevents Rowlet from escaping or moving. And it confirms Decidueye is still conscious and Ash's reaction seems to indicate that the battle still is going on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "post battle gag"

Sham

The Guardian of War
These match-ups could have been better if there could've been upsets. Like probably the only saving grace for this weird league.

But nooooooooo, only the people who bothered doing trials and focused on battle training + Guzma advance to the semifinals.
At least it’s realistic. The only people who deserved to make it far was Kiawe and Ash (classmate wise).

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I'm not sure what you mean.

Rowlet freaked out because the arrow hit its shadow (by not paying attention when he swallowed the everstone), which was revealed in the previous episode that prevents Rowlet from escaping or moving. And it confirms Decidueye is still conscious and Ash's reaction seems to indicate that the battle still is going on.

I'm not sure what you mean by "post battle gag"
Because there's no tenseness to the scene and looks laid-back

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
These match-ups could have been better if there could've been upsets. Like probably the only saving grace for this weird league.

But nooooooooo, only the people who bothered doing trials and focused on battle training + Guzma advance to the semifinals.

Its not even that. They limited themselves by making it Top 16. Right after the Battle Royale.

If it was Top 32, we would have more breathing room and better people advancing. Kahili got robbed. Molayne didn't even participate.

Master Pikachu 11

I don't see how Ash could have lost, but you know... a hint of doubt should always be there given we've never had anything like this occur before
Yes especially when the writers had the classmates even show concern and doubt that Rowlet could beat Decidueye, which only proved that is what exactly is going to happen. Plus they continue to hint at Ash eventually taking on Gladion so I still don’t expect that rematch to not happen.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't see how Ash could have lost, but you know... a hint of doubt should always be there given we've never had anything like this occur before
And I am wondering how they will make Rowlets win believable

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And I am wondering how they will make Rowlet's win believable
It already beat Dartrix once, and while evolution in the anime does give a power boost, it's not nearly as significant as the power boost the games would give it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
And I am wondering how they will make Rowlets win believable

That whole clash scene from the preview made me think that the win will come down to whichever of the two Pokemon has the most stamina and determination to keep battling after the impact. So basically a standard shonen victory cliche.

Status
Not open for further replies.