• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 4th: SM133 - A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
AuraChannelerChris said:
Poor Hau.

Dude only ever got 3 focus episodes, none of them comedic, because malasadas or being overly optimistic aren't comedic material.

In a way maybe it was a good thing that he wasn't used more since the SM anime has enough characters with comedic gags, so Hau having one too might've been overkill. He probably should've still shown up more often just to interact with Satoshi and build up to their League battle here, however.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
In a way maybe it was a good thing that he wasn't used more since the SM anime has enough characters with comedic gags, so Hau having one too might've been overkill. He probably should've still shown up more often just to interact with Satoshi and build up to their League battle here, however.
...I don't honestly think another little gag was out of the question in this saga full of them.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
"Birdacious battle". Honestly, that kinda diminishes my hype for the episode, but... I'm doubting about rowlet's win.

Red and Blue

You guys really think they would have Ash lose this early? Assuming this is 1 vs. 1 Torracat, Pikachu, and Lycanroc still haven't fought yet.

He will definitely win

Leonhart

Imagineer
DuquÊ? said:
"Birdacious battle". Honestly, that kinda diminishes my hype for the episode, but... I'm doubting about rowlet's win.

Given all of the hype about Mokuroh learning a new attack just to combat Junaiper, I'd find the idea of him not succeeding in defeating Junaiper here quite puzzling. I can't imagine him losing and another Pokemon taking over the battle.

Zariful

Given all of the hype about Mokuroh learning a new attack just to combat Junaiper, I'd find the idea of him not succeeding in defeating Junaiper here quite puzzling. I can't imagine him losing and another Pokemon taking over the battle.
There was that episode called Hawlucha vs Talonflame that turned out to be Fletchling’s evolution episode.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
The updated translation of the title is amazing. I really wouldn't mind if we end up getting trolled and Rowlet loses to Decidueye and Torracat or Pikachu has to take over the match and fix Rowlet's flub.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You guys really think they would have Ash lose this early? Assuming this is 1 vs. 1 Torracat, Pikachu, and Lycanroc still haven't fought yet.
Pikachu got the Battle Royale... so it's not like it hasn't done anything yet. However, it's pretty *likely Rowlet will win this battle as we have no confirmation that Lycanroc and Torrecat have participated in any League battle yet.

*I say likely because we could have the suddenly common skipping over a match occurring, even if that makes no sense this time.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Pikachu got the Battle Royale... so it's not like it hasn't done anything yet. However, it's pretty *likely Rowlet will win this battle as we have no confirmation that Lycanroc and Torrecat have participated in any League battle yet.

*I say likely because we could have the suddenly common skipping over a match occurring, even if that makes no sense this time.
We know this is a top 8 match, what could they have skipped?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
We know this is a top 8 match, what could they have skipped?
Unless these matches are randomized, or I'm mistaking the bracket, Ash should be fighting the winner of the Guzma and Ilima match in the Top 8... Again, how it's being presented, unless I goofed. Lame if they skipped that one though lol

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Unless these matches are randomized, or I'm mistaking the bracket, Ash should be fighting the winner of the Guzma and Ilima match in the Top 8... Again, how it's being presented, unless I goofed. Lame if they skipped that one though lol
Matches in Pokemon Leagues tend to be randomized, so it's most likely that (plus the summary for 132 says it's the top 8)

Remix2

So does anyone else think that the writer are treating ash vs hau as a afterthought especially given how we badly see hau?

Decidueye23

So does anyone else think that the writer are treating ash vs hau as a afterthought especially given how we badly see hau?
While i do think that hau could've used more screen time, ash vs hau is far from an after thought. the previous episode is a rowlet training episode for this battle specifically, with hopefully a majority of this episode dedicated to hau vs ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.