• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 4th: SM133 - A Birdacious Battle! Brave Bird VS Sky Attack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Realistically though unless you’re rich or travelling, taking care of 6 Pokémon would be a tough gig. Im okay with Ash’s lack of a full team for those reasons, he’s not travelling or rich and kukuis house is already getting crowded.
If Oak can house Ash's endless amount of reserves Kukui could have put up with an extra Pokemon for a few more months

Zariful

If Oak can house Ash's endless amount of reserves Kukui could have put up with an extra Pokemon for a few more months
Honestly Kukui’s house would’ve been the perfect way to do rotation had the series been more battle focused. If they weren’t in use, we could’ve still seen them at the house

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If you're travelling it's easier how?

I swear, some people will say anything to defend the writers.
LMAO yes I totally agree with every decision the writers make...? It's clearly easier and more realistic because you're not cooped up in a house everyday with other responsibilities, whereas these pokemon adventures are pokemon focused. Logic. I do hope he is actually travelling and with a full team in Galar.

Wow some people will say anything to make fun of SM lol.

Oak isn't really "housing" them when he has a huge farm and a seemingly endless amount of areas whereas Kukui only has a house on the beach and all the humans go to work everyday where Oak actually works at his pokemon farm thing. Obviously Kukui could house as many pokemon as he wanted too, but it'd be crowded. They should have given him more areas that are his for pokemon. I actually think Aether paradise would have been a better place for Ash's reserves if he had any.

Last edited:
LMAO yes I totally agree with every decision the writers make...? It's clearly easier and more realistic because you're not cooped up in a house everyday with other responsibilities, whereas these pokemon adventures are pokemon focused. Logic. I do hope he is actually travelling and with a full team in Galar.

Wow some people will say anything to make fun of SM lol.

Oak isn't really "housing" them when he has a huge farm and a seemingly endless amount of areas whereas Kukui only has a house on the beach and all the humans go to work everyday where Oak actually works at his pokemon farm thing. Obviously Kukui could house as many pokemon as he wanted too, but it'd be crowded. They should have given him more areas that are his for pokemon. I actually think Aether paradise would have been a better place for Ash's reserves if he had any.
They all fit in pokéballs. You can't think of a single reason why travelling would be easier.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
Honestly Kukui’s house would’ve been the perfect way to do rotation had the series been more battle focused. If they weren’t in use, we could’ve still seen them at the house

I don't know if I agree with that, because while seeing Satoshi's unused Pokemon hanging around might be interesting at first, they'd be delegated to being background characters before long and that's not very appealing to me. The fact that Satoshi's team isn't complete at this point doesn't bother me that much however, because it's not like Gladio and Hau have completed teams, either.

ShadowForce720

I have a feeling Ash is going to lose this battle.

Based on what exactly? Considering that Ash still hasn't faced Gladion and Guzma yet I think it's safe to say that Ash will likely win this battle especially considering that at the very start of the league they foreshadowed a league match between Ash vs Guzma.

Red and Blue

Based on what exactly? Considering that Ash still hasn't faced Gladion and Guzma yet I think it's safe to say that Ash will likely win this battle especially considering that at the very start of the league they foreshadowed a league match between Ash vs Guzma.
If I had to take a guess it is because people dont think Rowlet can beat Decidueye for some reason. Even though Rowlet is clearly very strong itself.

togenaught18

Also we still didnt see lycanrock, torracat and pikachu ( elimination round, no 151). Probably ash vs gladion will focus the two lycanrock. But that means no sylvally and zorark. Thats why i think we will have at least 2vs2 o 3vs3 for the top 4.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Fun fact: Kalos and Alola are the two regions where Ash has caught the fewest Pokemon, at 5 captures each.

Like in Kalos, he released one of his Pokemon early. The major difference is Goodra is way stronger than Poipole.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Let's say goodra at least tried to do its part and it wasn't tied to the "cute critter curse", is that better?

Fun fact: Kalos and Alola are the two regions where Ash has caught the fewest Pokemon, at 5 captures each.
Does regional captures count? He also did get only 5 Houenn mons, but at least he kept all of five. About his Alola mons, if the SwSh game rumors are true, I'll still hold my bets about one of them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How... how is traveling easier?
Being rooted in one place should allow for more time for the Pokemon to get development, instead of mostly seeing the 'cute' ones and starters
And really, this series would have been a good opportunity for reserves. Sandslash, Hawkommo-o, and Poipole could just hang about and be just fine.

Juniper didn't have Oak's amount of space and she housed almost an entire second party for Ash the vast majority of his Unova journey! So that excuse of Kukui not having room doesn't fly...

I swear, some people will say anything to defend the writers.

Oh for this saga most definitely....

Leonhart

Imagineer
SoundVoltex said:
I have a feeling Ash is going to lose this battle.

If it's because of Satoshi's usage of Mokuroh here, I can't really see the logic in why that would hold him back. Satoshi has won many battles against slim odds before, so I don't think that the idea of Mokuroh defeating Hau's Junaiper is unreasonable.

Zariful

Let's say goodra at least tried to do its part and it wasn't tied to the "cute critter curse", is that better?

Does regional captures count? He also did get only 5 Houenn mons, but at least he kept all of five. About his Alola mons, if the SwSh game rumors are true, I'll still hold my bets about one of them.
Does Aipom count? He technically caught 6 during Hoenn anime, but Aipom was caught in Kanto. But then Aipom took the L and got traded. Also I really don’t think that they’d dedicate two episodes to Rowlet learning feather dance and battling Decidueye, only for Ashton to take the L.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zariful said:
Also I really don’t think that they’d dedicate two episodes to Rowlet learning feather dance and battling Decidueye, only for Ashton to take the L.

Neither do I. I don't really see what the benefit of having Satoshi lose this early in the Alola League would be given that there's still so much of the tournament left to see. I also can't imagine Satoshi sitting in the stands watching all the action happen without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.