• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 5th: PM2019 120 - The Possibilities are Endless for Koharu and Eievui!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

*Marnie

The ultimate redemption for Dark Types
Piers in the Master Class would have been cool as well. Still bummed Ash never got to battle him

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Piers in the Master Class would have been cool as well. Still bummed Ash never got to battle him
Or Grimsley.

He's evidently popular enough that they brought him back in USUM yet still no anime appearance

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
What does gender have to do with being a main character
The original post I was replying to was about a male character getting an Eevee. I pointed out that Gary was a male character who had an Eevee.

And you replied that he doesn’t count because he wasn’t a main character.

Psajdak

About Gary having Eevee once...

That was kind of long ago, and anime in general was different back then.

Not saying that Eevee wasn't popular in the past, but it still wasn't seen the same as nowadays.

Zoruagible

If that happened, it would be the longest a character has been absent for by a massive mile, with 1200 episodes. Would be a record.
If that happened, Giselle better make a reappearance lol

Still the best COTD to this day

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Plushie sales.

Don't act weird if we see another recurring girl with an Eevee in the next saga.
Not ANOTHER one.
This has to be the most pointless Arc I have ever seen.

What even IS Chloe and Eevee purpose?
Why do they even exist?

I swear it feels like they are just here to fill out the female quota and keep this show from being a complete sausage fest lol
Kinda sad ngl

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This has to be the most pointless Arc I have ever seen.

What even IS Chloe and Eevee purpose?
Why do they even exist?

I swear it feels like they are just here to fill out the female quota and keep this show from being a complete sausage fest lol
I could maybe see Chloe's arc as a message for kids that they don't have to worry about their future so soon and to take their time with such decisions, but in general that was such a boring and lackluster way to do it. Chloe goes around meeting a bunch of COTDs who get more focus than her while she and Eevee remain stagnant. It is simply not enjoyable to watch.

Dear God pls give us a female character who knows what she wants and actually has a dynamic character arc in the next gen.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If that indeed is Chloe's ending, I think it's because the writers
A) Wanted to put out that msg. But the reason they didn't just have that message up and leave it at that in the first episode with her mom was because
B) They wanted Chloe as a vehicle, a vehicle to not only show female centric POVs but also to use her, a more humane character and in stark contrast to Ash and Goh 's hyperfocused goals, to tell more humane stories in the Pokemon world. All Chloe episodes tell such stories

Zoruagible

I could maybe see Chloe's arc as a message for kids that they don't have to worry about their future so soon and to take their time with such decisions, but in general that was such a boring and lackluster way to do it. Chloe goes around meeting a bunch of COTDs who get more focus than her while she and Eevee remain stagnant. It is simply not enjoyable to watch.

Dear God pls give us a female character who knows what she wants and actually has a dynamic character arc in the next gen.
Hopefully it'll just be Ash and a girl next time

We don't need three protags and maybe they can find something non-girly for her to do.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Lol, if they seriously just circle back to the the thing that chloe already got in her earliest focus episode it shows how her entire arc was just a marketing tool for eevee.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I’m convinced the “Eevee taxi” jokes forget that all of Chloe’s episodes have focused more on the trainers of those Eeveelutions than the actual Eeveelutions. Shocker, an episode can have more than one focus. I don’t see why the route they went with her is so crazy when she’s meant to learn about where all someone can go in life. Her not making a choice yet is a mature lesson the show honestly needed to make at some point, because not everyone follows their childhood dreams. Why would people want Chloe to just become another battler or Coordinator in the existing toolbox of them?

I do hope we get a main character girl next time who actually does active stuff, but her journey is only superficially similar to Serena’s. Comparing them so heavily does both of them a disservice and neither of them are even my favorite characters by a longshot. Some people just talk to talk.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I’m convinced the “Eevee taxi” jokes forget that all of Chloe’s episodes have focused more on the trainers of those Eeveelutions than the actual Eeveelutions. Shocker, an episode can have more than one focus. I don’t see why the route they went with her is so crazy when she’s meant to learn about where all someone can go in life.

Yes they focus on the COTD, and what exactly is chloe’s role in those stories? To bring eevee to those people because she heard they have an eeveelution and that’s it. Her motivation have just been to meet the eeveelution. She barely show interest in what the COTDs do, when it even apply in the first place since not each of them even have ‘careers’, and focus more on their eeveelutions. Most of these stories could go on just fine even without the eeveelution angle and just being a normal COTD ep, naturally the eevee line is marketable so they cram it in.

That’s why she gets called an eevee taxi.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Chloe's arc may not have been that interesting, but she did have an interesting fashion sense. I remember in the early days that people were complaining that all she ever wore was her school uniform. But as of this point, she has sported plenty of unique outfits.

Zoruagible

Indigo League had quite a few memorable cotds, AJ, the samurai, the OG unevolved Eevee trainer etc
Even the gym leaders family
Yeah most the family members they introduce are pretty lame nowadays; Goh's, Sophocles' and Lana's parents are all so forgettable. Ash has Delia(And the chad Professor Oak); Brock has his parents and siblings, Misty has her sisters, May and Max have Norman and Caroline, Dawn has Johanna, Cilan has his brothers, Iris has Drayden, Serena has Grace, Clemont/Bonnie have Blaziken Mask, Lillie has Lusamine, Mohn and Gladion, Kiawe has his family farm, Chloe has Professor Cerise

I hope they pick it back up with Goh and Chloe's replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.