• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: Can't Wait Till 6pm! "Pocket Monsters": A Timeless Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think that after her last scene, Serena is on a position where she's more confident of herself and her feelings thus wouldn't get on silly misunderstandings.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Idk how I would handle it tbh

That would go to fanfic territory but by my interpretation of Serena's growth, an eventual cameo could probably downplay the whole crush thing. There'd be a few "winks" here and there to remind the audience it's there, but it'd make clear Serena is fully sure of her feelings for Ash and is awaiting for him to mature so he can give her a proper answer

*insert mandatory jokes about her waiting in vain since Ash will never grow up*

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The opening shows Go open a Pokeball with electricity coming out, and the Pokémon that comes out of it is Zapdos. And now we have a preview where a Zapdos is appearing soon. It’s not even subtle. In fact my jaw will drop if Go DOESN’T end up catching the Zapdos.

I'm 99.5% sure that it's purely symbolic of Goh's dream to capture everything and was a simple, yet well executed cutaway into the scene with the three birds..

For reference, Ash never caught a Grubbin, Charizard never faced Reshiram and Infernape never battled Entei..

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm 99.5% sure that it's purely symbolic of Goh's dream to capture everything and was a simple, yet well executed cutaway into the scene with the three birds..
Well that special we got did show Zapdos along with others like the Alola trip so that likely means we’re getting a Bird Trio ep sometime post JN036, whenever it airs.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well that special we got did show Zapdos along with others like the Alola trip so that likely means we’re getting a Bird Trio ep sometime post JN036, whenever it airs.

While the Zapdos appearance is undeniable, I'd say the chance of a capture is extremely low and the opening simply symbolises it's appearance, along with Goh's dream.

PsychoLogical

While the Zapdos appearance is undeniable, I'd say the chance of a capture is extremely low and the opening simply symbolises it's appearance, along with Goh's dream.
Ye I know. Although at the same time, Go getting a Legendary isn’t that farfetched. If that happens, I’ll be fine with it as long as Ash also gets one himself later down the line.

Red and Blue

Go catching the legendary birds could be the catalyst for Sakuragi expanding his laboratory. Those birds would need all the room they could get

PsychoLogical

Go catching the legendary birds could be the catalyst for Sakuragi expanding his laboratory. Those birds would need all the room they could get
What if Go gets the Bird Trio and Ash gets the Galarian Bird Trio? Or Go gets 2 out of the original and misses the 3rd which Ash gets while Ash gets 2 out of the Galar Trio while Go gets the one he missed out instead. Would be the greatest sense of irony in the entire anime tbh lmao.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
And for Goh to eventually meet Iris, Gladion and Clemont to have Deku, Tsuyu, Bakugo and Todoroki in the Pokemon universe.

It's honestly amusing how much overlap there is between the sub of Pokemon and MHA.

Go is Midoriya, Meowth is Thirteen, Gladion is Bakugo, Kiawe is Iida, Clemont is Todoroki, Iris is Tsuyu, Lillie is Jiro, Trip is Midnight, Mallow is Saiko Intelli, Molayne is Aoyama, Aria is Yaoyorozu, Wattson is Gran Torino, Cameron is Shigaraki, Roxie is Ashido, Giovanni from DP on and Cyrus are All Might, and Paul is Sero.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can someone please explain the whole Pokemon/MHA thing? I know Goh is voiced by the same guy who plays Deku (and by a crazy coincidence the same guy who plays Hawks in the dub), but I'm completely lost on everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.