• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: Can't Wait Till 6pm! "Pocket Monsters": A Timeless Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
"We are proud to announce that going onwards, Goh will be the new protagonist!"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe they count it as a new start.

The first episode was Pikachu's secret origin and now we are getting more backstory for Goh. For all we know the episode could be mostly flashbacks thus explaining Ash's absence.

This episode would mark a "new start of sorts"

BlueDragonfangirl

Hopefully it’s another upcoming episodes trailer that they did before

makes sense since we are getting a new opening and all.
HA Last time I hoped for that it was just a clip show. Why the clip shows? We have so many for this series and I feel like we haven't even gotten to the half way point. Do they think the new generation has memory issues?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The most I'm hoping for with this is clips of upcoming episodes, though another trip down memory lane to see how far the series has come would be nice too

dman_dustin

Even though I question the point of having a special just for an updated opening and new singers but for the same song.

I'm going to keep my expectations low and not actually expect anything of noteworthy to happen.

IF however something will air, maybe they'll show us the plot of Riolu's evolution episode?

And also to be fair it would technically make sense to use this time to hype up Bea's appearance at the least.

But otherwise nope nothing of interest at all (well to me anyway) we're probably not getting anything.

Expectations low.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If I'm not mistaken Golden Bomber is somewhat of a big name band on Japan so one of its singer being in the anime is noteworthy enough to make a special about. Need confirmation though

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
If I'm not mistaken Golden Bomber is somewhat of a big name band on Japan so one of its singer being in the anime is noteworthy enough to make a special about. Need confirmation though
I think its more on Nishikawa since he’s the bigger name compared to the other.

Sidagam

It's been teased that past characters are going to start appearing in Journeys. Maybe this will be a recap on past journeys (ie not just of this series) to help remind the audience of old adventures.

Wishful thinking though. I'll be happy with a spoiler or 2

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Oh, a short preview of what's going to happen in the next 3-4 months will be shown again for sure...

My guess would be:
  • Riolu and Farfetch'd evolutions...
  • Ash and Goh next captures (including the Pikachu episode)...
  • Bea, Hop, Prof. Magnolia, Rose, Oleanna...
  • Leon vs. Steven...
  • Ash vs. Gen. 4 BF...
  • Eternatus, Zacian, Zamazenta...
  • Giovanni, Matori, TRio next moves...
  • Greninja...
  • Alola...

PsychoLogical

Oh, a short preview of what's going to happen in the next 3-4 months will be shown again for sure...

My guess would be:
  • Riolu and Farfetch'd evolutions...
  • Ash and Goh next captures (including the Pikachu episode)...
  • Bea, Hop, Prof. Magnolia, Rose, Oleanna...
  • Leon vs. Steven...
  • Ash vs. Gen. 4 BF...
  • Eternatus, Zacian, Zamazenta...
  • Giovanni, Matori, TRio next moves...
  • Greninja...
  • Alola...
Wouldn't this be wishful thinking tho since we still don't know if it's even going to be a preview of future events..

Red and Blue

Just remember if they show Grookey with Ash voiceover don't take it at face value. Not unless those two are actively bonding(and even then)

PsychoLogical

Just remember if they show Grookey with Ash voiceover don't take it at face value. Not unless those two are actively bonding(and even then)
Thats only if this will even show a preview of future events. Truth to be told, I'm interested in having Grookey with Ash but at the same time I don't since him not owning Grookey would open up wider speculation on what Galar mons he could catch. Besides, I expect his next capture to be another old gen capture anyways.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

We will have a shot of a random Charizard while Ash says, "Good to have you back, buddy!"

When it truth he was talking about Goh after they had a falling out, and the Charizard turns out to be a random Alolan Ride Pokemon (that isn't Kiawe's) that he used to find Goh.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

We will have a shot of a random Charizard while Ash says, "Good to have you back, buddy!"

When it truth he was talking about Goh after they had a falling out, and the Charizard turns out to be a random Alolan Ride Pokemon (that isn't Kiawe's) that he used to find Goh.

Especially with the lines of "Why don't you join my team, I'll help you get stronger.

Go: .....I'm not a Pokemon.

Ash (in Go's accent): Monster Ball! Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.