• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: Can't Wait Till 6pm! "Pocket Monsters": A Timeless Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope they finally give Mallow a capture, I'm glad companions are returning soon. I can't wait to see Mallow and Kiawe again, hopefully Ash and him battle!

I really hope they aren't rushing the main plot again, why do they insist on getting it done with so early? Especially as we still haven't see any of Galar outside Wyndon, though Hammerlocke is semi-confirmed at least since that's obviously the power plant

And no team spoilers! None that hyped me up, they killed the hype.... stop giving my favorite Pokemon to characters I hate! They did this with Luxray, Braviary and Incineroar, Sobble, and now Flygon and Aerodactyl too.
When's Ash getting a new capture?! That is all that matters here -_-

MartínK

The only thing that made me happy was the Alola gang but no reserves or more companions and rivals or Galar game characters, so the new opening didn't make everyone happy

Zoruagible

The only thing that made me happy was the Alola gang but no reserves or more companions and rivals or Galar game characters, so the new opening didn't make everyone happy
Nope but instead we likely get Darkest Day without Bede and Piers! :rolleyes:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well that was pretty interesting. The biggest highlight for me was the Alola Gang (sans Lillie for understandable reasons) returning!

I'm not sure how I feel about them returning this soon. As much as I love the Alola Gang, I feel like there are others who deserve a comeback before they do *CoughDawnCoughIris*

I wonder if we'll see Kukui and Burnett's baby?
We better see Incineroar again.

Everything else went as about expected.

Lucario and Cinderace we already knew were coming for months so there's nothing to really say there. Eternatus looks clean tho

Only things that surprised me were:

-Alola Gang (see above)

-No Galar Characters besides Leon, Bea, and Raihan (all of which we knew were coming in advance). I know they'll come eventually but I'm getting restless

-Still no sign of Grookey yet (I guess they're really stretching this Pokemon's debut out to like the 40-50 Episodes?)

-And that fact that they're taking their sweet time on G. Farfetch'd's Evolution for whatever reason.

I'm glad I had my expectations lowered for Flygon's capture. While I am a little disappointed, I'm not disheartened by it like I was with Sobble

I also wonder why Yamper was shown with Ash's Team? My guess is either Either Chloe for some reason decides to let Ash use Yamper for a bit (unlikely) OR it's a placeholder for something else (possible)

Or Yamper could just be there for show idk lol

AND LASTLY...

This is very cute mm'kay?
Ee-bHOXXYAAStKk

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well that was pretty interesting. The biggest highlight for me was the Alola Gang (sans Lillie for understandable reasons) returning!

I'm not sure how I feel about them returning this soon. As much as I love the Alola Gang, I feel like there are others who deserve a comeback before they do *CoughDawnCoughIris*

I wonder if we'll see Kukui and Burnett's baby?
We better see Incineroar again.

Everything else went as about expected.

Only things that surprised me were:

Still no sign of Grookey yet (I guess they're really stretching this Pokemon's debut out to like the 40-50 Episodes?)

And that fact that they're taking their sweet time on G. Farfetch'd's Evolution for whatever reason.

I'm glad I had my expectations lowered for Flygon's capture. While I am a little disappointed, I'm not disheartened by it like I was with Sobble

I also wonder why Yamper was shown with Ash's Team? My guess is either Either Chloe for some reason decides to let Ash use Yamper for a bit (unlikely) OR it's a placeholder for something else (possible)

AND LASTLY...

This is very cute mm'kay?
Ee-bHOXXYAAStKk

I love how the pokemon icons reference the instagram icons in these pictures, very well done

Zoruagible

It is, Mimey's there too... but then they show a shot of Ash's actual team and Mimey isn't there.
I think this should finally put to rest Mimey's status on the show, he's a supporting Pokemon like Wobbuffet

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Go has too many Pokemon so they put Yamper with Satoshi since he is part of the main cast, maybe it gets subbed for something else Satoshi captures later.

I could see Yamper being a placeholder for a future capture of Ash's. Some will say Grookey and I'll say Chespin 'cause I love him

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I didnt get to see the "special", is there any footage around?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The visuals were hype, but I prefer the previous singers tbh

Same here. The new singers will take some time to get used. They aren't bad though. I'd say it's the song that doesn't quite fit them

Go has too many Pokemon so they put Yamper with Satoshi since he is part of the main cast, maybe it gets subbed for something else Satoshi captures later.

I don't think they will update this opening anytime soon. Why would they put Lucario and Cinderace in there if they were going to update it eventually?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
The new opening is definitely exciting. Lots of cool stuff must be happening soon!

The only sad thing about the new opening is that Chloe is barely in it, meaning she really will just be a secondary character for most of this series. :( Though I won't complain too much as long as she gets great focus episodes like she has been getting!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The "update" might be small things like replacing Yamper if Ash gets a cute small pokémon or changing Riolu into Lucario.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The "update" might be small things like replacing Yamper if Ash gets a cute small pokémon or changing Riolu into Lucario.
I rewatched it, I really think Yamper is just a temporary placeholder for something else for now.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
The scene with Ludicolo and a bunch of Marshtomp gave me heavy AG Brock vibes. Too bad it’s probably just a tease and we won’t be seeing many returning characters aside from the Alola gang anytime soon.

Also, I know ash getting a Flygon was just speculation and I really don’t know where people even got that from but to see that Goh is getting one instead is frustrating. I really wouldn’t care if Goh’s Pokémon would actually battle. I’d be hyped for the Pokémon he has if he bothered at all to raise and train then.

Zoruagible

The new opening is definitely exciting. Lots of cool stuff must be happening soon!

The only sad thing about the new opening is that Chloe is barely in it, meaning she really will just be a secondary character for most of this series. :( Though I won't complain too much as long as she gets great focus episodes like she has been getting!

I'm fine with the Chloe absence, if they're setting up and doing Darkest Day she'd mostly just be standing around as the wolves are obviously going to Ash and Goh. They can get to her traveling with them more after that arc so she can actually do things and not regress into being a third wheel

The scene with Ludicolo and a bunch of Marshtomp gave me heavy AG Brock vibes. Too bad it’s probably just a tease and we won’t be seeing many returning characters aside from the Alola gang anytime soon.

It's just a tease/reference. I do feel like they're hinting at Brock appearing, I felt fairly confident about him appearing, especially since the actor's still here, but now I'd possibly dare say it's extremely likely Brock will appear at one point

Status
Not open for further replies.