1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

August 9th: PM2019 032 - Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Jeal

Jeal Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. They are still protagonists, after all. And they mysteriously disappearing in episodes would be strange. Besides, this can apply to any character, which would limit the interactions.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  2. PsychoLogical

PsychoLogical Well-Known Member

No Ash and Pikachu eh? This could be interesting. Tho I’m more interested in how the new opening looks lulz.

3. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

No ash and pikachu !!!!!
    What is going on
    First an episode where there is no ash
    Then an episode where goh catches ash's signature pokemon
    Goh is really is taking over

4. PsychoLogical

Why don’t you do me a favor and stop overreacting on everything.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  5. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

Ok

Ace-Barn likes this.
  6. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Ash doesn't hog up screentime cmon now

Wow is this episode iconic. No ash, Pikachu or TR. Woah! I'm all in for it. This episode is gonna completely be a Go focused episode with some development for him, love that! But gods is it gonna be irritating listening to the haters. Please just ignore this episode if Goh is a psychopath for u lol. Even if his goal is eh his personality is great and I for one am looking forward to this episode a lot.

PokemonAnime123 likes this.
  7. PsychoLogical

I’m only in to see the new opening which debuts in this ep, I wanna see if it contains any spoilers for future events like evolution or a future team member for Ash.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  8. Zweilous

Zweilous Psy-GO-pathic Tendencies

Well I, for one, welcome our new Goverlord.

9. SerGoldenhandtheJust

While I hope to see evolutions id rather not be spoiled for future captures, his surprise captures are fun

10. Jibanyan

Jibanyan Well-Known Member

Let's see if Goh can carry an episode. I like that his Pokemon are getting focus, if only it was the same for Ash's.

Kawaii Emolga and Ace-Barn like this.
  11. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

He had the /s at the end of that tbh

Ignition and mehmeh1 like this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hello again."

Actually, at times (possibly many times before), he does, when the episode isn't really about him. He almost always ends up doing the most important things that require sweating blood...er...sweat.

Ace-Barn and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  13. SerGoldenhandtheJust

He isn't doing it so far in this series

14. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

The most surprising thing about this new revelation is that Go’s Johto friend is in fact a boy

Mythical-Moonlight likes this.
  15. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

No Ash and Pikachu? The writers must really want to focus on Go and his friend. Ash might have been in the way

16. PsychoLogical

I mean, if there’s one thing Japan knows how to do in animation, it’s making pretty boys.

17. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

He's been called a boy in every single summary of the episode. And Tokio is a male name anyway.

18. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Hmmm, the VA list only lists people who talk, right? Or does this rule out silent cameos?

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  19. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

They’ve been better in that regard, Messon clearly is due for some type of character arc. It just doesn’t make sense to leave it in its current state plus if merchandise is anything to go by we’ll be getting Aceburn and potentially Jimereon.

Pretty awesome now that I imagine it and give some thought. I also notice they continue to give Kamonegi focus. I’m trying to understand that they might be going for that full protagonist feel by leaving out Satoshi and having Gou and partner Pokémon on their own adventure. I could see him catching some threatening wild Pokémon causing trouble by team work with his motley little crew and no Satoshi to rely on for backup. He responds well to crisis despite being a new trainer like with the Goloog situations.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 6:13 PM
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'd prefer if they're given actual reasons for disappearing, but I don't think there's anything inherently bad about Satoshi and Pikachu taking breaks more often. Satoshi could use the time off to train off-screen for instance, while Gou deals with COTD subplots.