• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: PM2019 032 - Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Well this episode just lost all of its appeal.

And give me a break, they aren't going to have a single episode without Go in this series with Go being needlessly shoved in our faces, don't know what the hell they are playing at here.

Another Go centric episode barely any Ash but god forbid we get an Ash centric episode (that actually includes Ash as opposed to just his Pokemon) where Go isn't stealing focus.

Ash has literally been around for 20 years. Plus a majority of the Ash focus episode do focus on Ash.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
No Ash and Pikachu?! That's interesting, I guess this episode will be Go having a flashback to what happened and telling his pokémon.
But, sincerely, I'm more interested in the new opening than in the episode :p

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I just hope the new visuals are more than "we finally put Raboot in!" I need future plot development foreshadowing, please and thank you.

MartínK

I don't like Goh, i don't like his goal, i feel that it's stupid how he catches the mons and Pokémon Go don't need to be promoted in the anime, it so popular on his own but i'm not hate Goh or Journeys, i see it anyways and enjoy it like the rest of the anime.

Let ses how Goh carries an episode by himself.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I just hope the new visuals are more than "we finally put Raboot in!" I need future plot development foreshadowing, please and thank you.
Any spoilers for future events would be great. Tho my biggest wish is to see something like a spoiled evolution like they did in DP with Infernape and Toreterra.

Leonhart

Imagineer
dman_dustin said:
Well this episode just lost all of its appeal.

And give me a break, they aren't going to have a single episode without Go in this series with Go being needlessly shoved in our faces, don't know what the hell they are playing at here.

Another Go centric episode barely any Ash but god forbid we get an Ash centric episode (that actually includes Ash as opposed to just his Pokemon) where Go isn't stealing focus.

This is the first episode that Gou has gotten all to himself since Satoshi at least had speaking roles in all the other episodes in this series, even the ones that Gou had the spotlight in. I fail to see why Satoshi disappearing for one episode is a problem, especially since even if he had appeared here, he probably would've just stood in the background while Gou and Tokio take most of the screen-time for themselves, anyway.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No Ash yet we can't seem to get a single Ash episode without Goh stealing some of the spotlight with one of his many pointless captures -_-

Automatic 0/10 for me, chief.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I've wanted an Ash-less, Pikachu-less episode of the main series for a while.

Too bad it's wasted on a Celebi plot. Joe is probably happy, considering this site is named after the onion fairy, but still. I'm not particularly a fan of time travel at all.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Summary and voice cast

Some pretty surprising omissions in that voice cast. That makes this episode a pretty iconic first.

Really surprised no Rika or Ikue Ohtani. In a way, it reminds me of DP's first episode even if Ash and Pikachu did have lines there.

But I feel that's actually a really interesting opportunity to get more insight into Goh's character as well as having more scenes of him with Raboot. I wonder if Raboot will ride on his shoulder here. My theory is that Raboot only shows affection to Goh when it's just the two of them lol

Oh my god. No Ash.

We did it, guys!

Oh...right...

Abort! ABORT! DAMMIT, ABORT!

I don't mind even if Ash's my favorite character.

Well I, for one, welcome our new Goverlord.

May he bring the salt! haha

Well, that general anime characters poll showed Go is already more popular than Ash (with only 7 months or so in the cast ) Go is having 4 episodes focused on him between 31-35, mmm... altough both Leon and Raihan are way more popular than them so lol.

Anyway, Ash is my fave anime character ever but I'm not bothered, this will be a first and I'm also looking forward to the new visuals of the opening.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that magazine. It was a niche anime magazine for a niche public. Someone put a link to Dogasu's twitter where he clarified further but it was something in the lines of "it's a magazine that's somewhat expensive for the show's target audience, the pool was mostly done by mail even if there was an option to cast a vote through twitter and all characters had their shows promoted on recent issues of said magazine"

Remix2

It surprising that it took them till this series to have no ash and Pikachu in a episode and not sun and moon where the format will allowed that to happen.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
A Mallow-only episode?

I prefer what we end up getting, thanks

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It surprising that it took them till this series to have no ash and Pikachu in a episode and not sun and moon where the format will allowed that to happen.

Or even a TRio-only episode, which the episodes they obtained their (worthless) z-ring and z-crystals could have been
Or heck that Yamper episode, it certainly didn't need either of the twerps yet there they were! You could easily remove them from that episode and it'd still be the same

Goh doesn't need, certainly doesn't deserve a single episode. Especially as I heavily doubt they'll let Chloe, Ash, or Team Rocket have an episode without him! Why does he get to tag along to Pallet when it should have just been Ash? Why is Ash left when they're going to Johto? -_-

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Really surprised no Rika or Ikue Ohtani. In a way, it reminds me of DP's first episode even if Ash and Pikachu did have lines there.

But I feel that's actually a really interesting opportunity to get more insight into Goh's character as well as having more scenes of him with Raboot. I wonder if Raboot will ride on his shoulder here. My theory is that Raboot only shows affection to Goh when it's just the two of them lol
Sobble's the shoulder Mon now (and Raboot will silently seethe about it in the background slowly building up potential drama for a later episode between the 3 of them)

D

Deleted member 384931

Who says this whole thing isnt a flashback? How lame that sounds

dman_dustin

Okay fine, I guess I have to do every damn episode then. Look let be blunt, I do not give a crap, if you disagree with me in terms of focus or whatnot, this is my opinion and your perspective isn't going to alter how I feel. If you disagree just MOVE on. I don't need hear the broken record of "You are overestimating Go's focus".....no I'm not because at no point was Go just there and not doing anything, well in most cases, anyway. That's the point. No captures, just there (as in minimal screen time), maybe helping Ash go against Team Rocket and that's all qualifies as a lack of Go focus. Ash focus is either a capture, heavy emphasis in plot, a battle heavy scenario, and heavily revolves around Ash (rather than just his Pokemon) as you can see Ash is just there. maybe battling Team Rocket but he is a background character. Even the slightest Go focus means that they did something and not leave it completely to Ash.

I qualify: Minimal screen time (EXACTLY, not saying that can't have good dialogue and get minimal screen time but there is a limit) and Team Rocket battling as both not getting focus as that's just necessary measure. And also if the episode heavily revolves around another character or characters and Ash get a bit more focus while Go gets minimal screen time, that does not qualify as a Ash focus, the same would go for Go except captures prevent that. Ash doesn't have as equal opportunity to get screen time as Go, because it would involve his Pokemon along with him. Episodes revolving around Pokemon mostly do not necessarily equate to "Ash or Go" getting focus but it does depend.

Also to reiterate: Ash is not of equal opportunity as Go, it's easier for Go to steal screen time and focus towards his goal than it is Ash. That is why I am primarily pissed.

Episode 1- Very little to do with Ash, primarily about Ash's Pikachu as a Pichu and secondarily about Go and Koharu. Ash barely got any screen time in that episode.....Focus: Pichu/Pikachu before it was Ash's with secondary emphasis on Go and Koharu
Episode 2- Mixed focus between Go and Ash with more emphasis on Ash (due to Lugia) but mixed.
Episode 3- Mixed focus, a bit more emphasis on Ash because he battled Team Rocket, but it is Team Rocket so that doesn't matter. But I will say it gets an exception due to being the first Gatcha Team Rocket battle and they used powerful Pokemon. But like I said mixed as it dealt with Go and Ash's interaction with each other, and becoming friends at the end.
Episode 4- I'd say mixed because Ash was attacked by Scorbunny
Episode 5- I'd say technically a Go focused episode with minimal interaction with Ash. Ash was there trying to resolve an issue, but it was more about Go getting Scorbunny.
Episode 6- Heavy Go focus, Ash did minimally here, would've been different if Ash caught Pinsir even if he gave it to Go.
Episode 7- Mixed focus, heavy on Ash because of the battle and interaction between Hodge and Ash but Go battled/captured and had some aspect of his feelings towards battling.
Episode 8- I'd say mixed focus, but Go also caught Mantyke so I'd qualify that more of an edge on Go (but definitely not a Go focused episode). The episode focused more on Piplup/Croagunk and their trainer.
Episode 9- Mixed focus again but focus was on other characters. Go does get an edge for Misdreavus and Stantler, Ash only has only a minor Ho-oh continuity focus.
Episode 10- Mixed focus, more emphasis on Ash, though Go did get a lot of focus in relation to Dewgong, wanting to catch Pokemon. For something that was Ash focus, Go did still do stuff.
Episode 11- Koharu Focus, and mix between Ash and Go.
Episode 12- Leon and Lance focus, barely any focus on Ash or Go.
Episode 13- Would've been an Ash focused episode but Go caught Skwovet. Before you even try to argue, I said I counted this and because there have been plenty of episodes where Go doesn't catch anything. If Skwovet was caught in episode 12, this would've been the FIRST episode that was Ash focused where Go didn't get any focus. It's spoiled by Go getting Skwovet. As I said its easier to shove a goal oriented focus with Go than it is Ash, which is WHY Go getting anything pisses me off, because Ash doesn't have the same equal opportunity to. But it was minimal, but nothing Ash gets to have.
Episode 14- Mixed focus, but a major heavy emphasis on Go. So definitely not a Go episode and definitely not an Ash episode.
Episode 15- Go focused episode with very little to do with Ash at all. Ash did not do anything that was heavy. His inclusion was merely as a result of Go leaving a gift to his parents.
Episode 16- Would have been an Ash focused episode, if not for the fact Go wanting to capture Gengar and even complained about it, a direct result of him not caring about the Pokemon in question. Gengar chose Ash, Go, stop your complaining, but that's just a very mild annoyance. So I would say technically mixed but with more emphasis on Ash.
Episode 17- Go and Scorbunny (Raboot) focused episode. Ash barely did anything that qualifies as focus, except maybe trying to help Scorbunny and snapping Go out of it.
Episode 18- Would've been a potentially 2nd Ash focused episode not involving Go, but then they had to shove in the whole "SPEAROW CATCH!" and then the constant cutting to Go and Raboot. Which isn't MUCH I'll admit, but it's not like Ash gets that much independence from the other characters. Ash really only talks to other people not to himself or Pikachu.
Episode 19- Team Rocket only focus with minimal interaction with Go and Ash, Ash might edge a little bit with blasting Team Rocket at the end, but I said I don't count those and Go did catch Rattata.
Episode 20- Heavy mixed episode, though I'd say a bit more emphasis on Go, because like I keep saying its easier to work with Go and his Goal than Ash. Go caught a whole bunch of Pokemon, Ash really only got a battle with Meganium which is soiled due to it being Pikachu battling it. Ash did rank up, so that is definitely important. So definitely a mixed non specific focus.
Episode 21- Would be solely an Ash focused episode HOWEVER its soiled by Exeggcute being caught and his heavy emphasis on his obsession with eggs. However for pretty once in these type of situations, Go actually didn't piss me off. So if you want to count this.....so be it.
Episode 22- Go and Raboot heavy focus, very minimal Ash at all except maybe to chastise Go at the end for "abandoning" Raboot.
Episode 23- Heavy emphasis on Go as it was his Pokemon but Ash and his Pokemon did get a lot of focus. I'd argue this was a pretty mixed episode with emphasis on Go.
Episode 24- Heavy Team Rocket focus with mixed focus on Ash and Go. Ash battled and lost Pikachu, Go ended up catching Pokemon and using the giant Magikarp to help out plot. In terms of resolution though Ash did get robbed here. It was either Team Rocket or Go that contributed.
Episode 25- Should have been only an Ash focused episode, but nah let's just shove in a lot of Go focus. This is probably a worse example of episode 18. If you want to count episode 18 then you can, BUT you cannot count this one. In episode 18 Go caught Spearow off screen, and had minimal interaction watching Ash's battle and Raboot was just....there. However here, this was mildly mixed with more emphasis on Ash.
Episode 26- We don't talk about this episode.......but it is mixed.
Episode 27- Pretty mixed episode I'd say with more focus on Ash than Go. Go didn't catch anything but this wasn't really a sole Ash focused episode. It was primarily Raihan vs Leon, with Sonia shoved it. Go trying to capture Galarian Farfetch'd with Ash battling with Riolu and catching Farfetch'd. It definitely has more emphasis on Ash, I can't count PWC as Ash focus if he's not doing anything in regards to PWC, just like I wouldn't count a hundred Pokemon being shown on screen, and Go drooling only to never throw a Poke ball in his excitement (if throws a Poke ball though). This is probably the first episode where there is no one to focus on.
Episode 28- Heavy Go focus with minimal Ash
Episode 29- Koharu focus with mixed focus between Go and Ash (Ash gets a slight edge for the Riolu/Dragonite focus).
Episode 30- Now one could easily make the argument this is an Ash focus episode and Go gets minimal screen time, and ignoring the context of the entire episode.....I would agree, this would've been the first time, Go was in the background having NO focus, and it would've been the first. HOWEVER while it definitely isn't a Go episode at all (even the minimal aspect of catching a Pokemon wasn't here). But it also wasn't an Ash focused episode either. It did focus on him the most in terms of the human characters (though that could be debatable with Delia) but this was purely a Pokemon focused episode with Pikachu and Mr. Mime getting the focus. Ash gets a heavier emphasis with his battle with Tony and training Riolu, but Ash really did feel mostly like he was just there. You can technically count this if you want, but the direct focus was clearly on Pikachu, and not in a positive way towards Ash as a character.

Episodes that haven't aired yet:
Episode 31- Emphasis on Koharu/Sota, but we do know that there does seem to be a small emphasis on Go with his Magikarp. Ash doesn't seem to be doing anything but will likely deal with Team Rocket but that doesn't count.
Episode 32: ONLY Go focus related episode, we know this for sure since Ash and Pikachu aren't listed.

Speculation (but a good guess) for the following episodes.
Episode 33: Appears to be a Go focused episode but we don't know. Ash getting a heavy battle in this episode would make it a mixed episode, even Ash catching a Pokemon would make it mixed.
Episode 34: It appears to be a primary focus episode around Bea with emphasis on Ash but we don't know. We don't know Go's role in this episode if at all.
Episode 35: Go focused episode, and we are unlikely to get a lot of focus on Ash, but that doesn't mean it will happen exactly like that.

Ultimate Ruling:
A vast majority of the episodes are mixed between Go and Ash fits the dual protagonist, none of those episode qualifies as either an Ash focus or Go focus episode. Most if not all Go focused episodes barely involve Ash to steal the screentime of Go and contributes to Go's screen time. Whereas there are far less truly Ash focus episodes where GO does absolutely nothing.

For other episodes they either heavily more focus on other characters including Pokemon. I'll give some credit that Ash does get SOME edges in terms of focus and screen time where Go lacks but the emphasis is placed elsewhere so its not an Ash focused episode, but there's never truly been an episode where Go is in the background and the main focus goes to Ash and Ash alone (alongside with him his Pokemon but Ash has to be that main role). Instead the closest we get is something where Ash does get focus but its not an Ash focus episode its an 'Ash's Pokemon focus' and this is an important distinction because Ash felt like he just there.

BUT if you want to count it. I don't.

So no.....I am absolutely pissed about this being PURELY about Go, when we all know damn well there won't be a PURELY Ash episode where Go doesn't show up. If Go doesn't show up, then Ash probably will barely exist in that episode to begin with (Team Rocket, probably).

And no I do not care about Ash being the main character for the past close to 25 years. You won't apply it to Pikachu and will defend Pikachu, so I'm not going to allow it to apply to Ash. Especially when he's the face of the anime. IT makes sense why he would be in every episode.

I never said this couldn't be a Go focus, I'm pissed that Ash and Pikachu aren't even showing up to even talk at all. Not even to at least say Goodbye to Go as he goes to find Celebi and meet up with Tokio. Even if this is primarily a flashback episode and Go tries to meet with Tokio.

We all know Ash would never be so lucky, sure in past episodes there have been a few that was just about Ash but we all know that there won't be an episode where its JUST Ash interacting with a character, and the VA list isn't going to list Go. We know that's not going to happen with the insistence of shoving Go down our throats. Could it still happen sure, I'D LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG, but I most likely won't.

People can argue this is a dual protagonist series (would explain the heavily mixed focus episodes that are the majority of the episodes). But when have they been really fair to Ash where Go wasn't trying to catch something? Outside of just merely ranking Ash up in the PWCs, Ash has been treated pretty unfairly at times. You can argue that Go was treated unfairly in regards to Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, Farfetch'd, but I hardly think that counts when Go's been catching pretty much everything else including a GIANT Golurk and a lot emphasis has been on him in favor of Ash at times.

And all people do is constantly prop Go onto a pedastal (He can never do any wrong) while just keeping on criticizing Ash dunking on his Pokemon including Riolu.

I don't HATE Go, I hate what they're doing with Go and Ash being thrown under the bus at any given moment. Especially how they pretty much assassinated Ash's character and assaulted Pikachu's character in the Pikachu Mr. Mime episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.