• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: PM2019 032 - Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Beast Lover

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

I love what they have done with Go so far. From capturing obsessions,streaks to slow interest in battles. He has had a good character development I'd say. With Scorbunny-Raboot difficuties. Now helping Koharu realise that its fun being around Pokemons. They(writers) have done justice by adding another protagonist yet keeping individualism of both of them . Its a good contrast. I'm actully looking forward to this since Celebi episodes have always been interesting.

ShadowForce720

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what if instead of Go traveling to the past what if it actually turns out to be a case of Tokio traveling to the future.

And so the whole reason that Tokio didn’t make the agreed meet up place was not because he died, was injured or was chose not to go but instead it was a case of after he and Go made that promise to meet up he runs and to Celebi and Celebi takes him 3 years into the future.

So that when Go comes to Azalea Town in present day he winds up encountering his childhood friend who is still the same age that he was last time he saw him.

So basically being a twist of what we were expecting.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what if instead of Go traveling to the past what if it actually turns out to be a case of Tokio traveling to the future.

And so the whole reason that Tokio didn’t make the agreed meet up place was not because he died, was injured or was chose not to go but instead it was a case of after he and Go made that promise to meet up he runs and to Celebi and Celebi takes him 3 years into the future.

So that when Go comes to Azalea Town in present day he winds up encountering his childhood friend who is still the same age that he was last time he saw him.

So basically being a twist of what we were expecting.

This is basically what I have been thinking, however I think that Tokio may have originally been from the future which is the whole reason he was looking for Celebi.

Unireon

While it's true that not having Ash in this episode could help develop Goh's character.
What could have been if Ash traveled too..... Goh being sullen about returning to that place; and, possibly, meeting Tokio again....
Both having some feelings regarding that day:
*Goh thinks that Tokio betrayed him and never intended to come, feeling resentment. Acts cutting and cold.
*Tokio wanted to meet up with him but something happened, still carries the guilt. Wants to make amends.
While Ash could mediate and help them to solve the issue..... I'd prefer them doing that on their own.

This episode could have made a contrast between Tokio and Ash, the two people whom affected Goh the most....
The one who, unintentionally, soured Goh's outlook on friendship and close himself off even more....
The other who is making him come out of his shell, if not slowly breaking it out.....
Some potential interactions and dynamics lost there, along with some personal growth.

I am open to see how this episode goes, the final product may even be better than what we speculated with only the sinopsis.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
I think Tokio is dead and that's why he never met up with Goh later. Goh was a know-it-all little kid so he probably didn't even realize the kid had a terminal illness and just assumed it was about him and that Tokio didn't like him.

That seems rather grim, and I really hope that the writers don't go for something like that since this series has been considerably light-hearted so far, and I hope it remains that way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
All I'm going to say here:

Litten and Stoutland

I'm not sure why an SM episode is relevant to the tone of this series, unless you're implying that this episode will be the Pocket Monsters 2019 version of that episode, in which case I disagree just based on what we know so far.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I'm not sure why an SM episode is relevant to the tone of this series, unless you're implying that this episode will be the Pocket Monsters 2019 version of that episode, in which case I disagree just based on what we know so far.
They are using it an example to highlight that even if a series is comedic, it doesn't mean it can't have sad or tragic episodes once in a while (like the Litten or Mallow eps which both dealt with more mature topics despite SM being branded as a lighthearted series).

They are not saying this episode will be a copy of that one. But rather that it wouldn't be unusual for this anime to deal with a darker subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.