• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: PM2019 032 - Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Exactly.
At least now I have an episode I can truly throw at my least favorite episode, most of the ones I dislike at least had pros like Team Rocket having funny moments

I hope they give Ash the same courtesy later on and we get an episode without Goh. Fair's fair

Wow without even watching the episode you already label this as the worst episode to exist because it features only Goh, such close mindset when it comes to the show is what becomes irritating.

Really hope you and everyone else who are like "finally an episode we just gonna skip on" actually skip this episode and don't come next week on the episode discussion thread to just crap on it, esp since you have already made up your mind this is the worst episode ever :rolleyes:

The preview looks really exciting, Damn Goh looks sad. Ig this episode will finally explain that EP3 line by Goh, when he says ash is just like the others. Really interested to see this, looks to be an emotion heavy episode.

YelST

watch Roukin
Just following the order
Maybe that kid drowned while following Celebi and Go will use Sobble to save him. Sobble being too timid will evolve to save the kid. I am a Pokemon fan that's how my brain works, evolution=solution to everything.

That's what I can see happening.

However what should happen is

Go should spend the second half of the episode coming to terms with the loss and go through some real character development, with the potential for a Stoutland-esque plot in the future.

Just trying to not spoil one of the most infamous films in history :p

Wow without even watching the episode you already label this as the worst episode to exist because it features only Goh, such close mindset when it comes to the show is what becomes irritating.

Really hope you and everyone else who are like "finally an episode we just gonna skip on" actually skip this episode and don't come next week on the episode discussion thread to just crap on it, esp since you have already made up your mind this is the worst episode ever :rolleyes:

The preview looks really exciting, Damn Goh looks sad. Ig this episode will finally explain that EP3 line by Goh, when he says ash is just like the others. Really interested to see this, looks to be an emotion heavy episode.

That's the thing I am looking for. Was he talking about this incident?

Will they resolve it in just one episode?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Summary and voice cast

Some pretty surprising omissions in that voice cast. That makes this episode a pretty iconic first.

If i am not wrong this will be first time ash and pikachu will not be there entirely in any episode of pokemon not counting specials.

Rohanator

This...this is a special.....like a special broadcast episode where it doesn't involve Ash, this episode should've run concurrently with the show as a special separate episode, it shouldn't be in place of a normal actual episode though.
I mean if it's relevant to a main character's arc it kinda has to be part of the usual broadcast. I get that not having Satoshi present is a first for this show but having episodes without the main character isn't special as far as TV etc in general go. It might feel weird for you but there's no reason it'd feel weird for the writers, they're people with experience writing fiction in general not just Pokemon.

Rohanator

We should be GLAD if a character like Gou was ever considered as Satoshi's replacement but based on design alone the idea is absurd, if we ever get a new MC it's gonna be generic shonen protag #9001 (of which Satoshi himself is one of). They'll allow him to be the CONTRAST to the face of the show, not the actual face.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yep, that's the movie I was referring to. I don't know though if Pokemon would go that far though.
Remember the May and Meowth time travel episode in Hoenn where they literally created a whole city?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's funny. I'm more excited about the new opening than the episode itself. Contrary to the popular opinion atm, it is not because it is a Goh episode, but rather, a Celebi episode. I mentioned this before in this thread that Celebi time travel episodes often end up following the same formula. There is an issue in the present, Celebi shows up sending them to the past, they fix something, present time changes, life lesson learned.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's funny. I'm more excited about the new opening than the episode itself. Contrary to the popular opinion atm, it is not because it is a Goh episode, but rather, a Celebi episode. I mentioned this before in this thread that Celebi time travel episodes often end up following the same formula. There is an issue in the present, Celebi shows up sending them to the past, they fix something, present time changes, life lesson learned.
I think most of us are more excited about the new OP anyways, mainly cause we want to see any potential spoilers for future events.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
While I abhor time travel in general, I must say I do find this interesting. It sounds more like an extended flashback with Celebi tacked on rather than anything else.

I can also easily see the Bridge to Terabithia vibes from this

Anyways, you don't show rain unless you A) need to advance the plot to a contrived cave/hotel/stop a disaster or B) have something emotionally heavy/foreshadowing.

Make the fandom weep! Do it! Dew it! Dewit!

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I guess some of you dont get it: in all the 1121 episodes of the anime, this is the first he doesnt talk/appear. Thar is a big deal, regardless. You would think as duo protagonists they would get equal focus in each other episodes. Like for example instead of Gou meeting Gurkin and Gurkin telling about ME, the stadium announcer could explain it too. Besides the episodes focussed on Ash prior Journeys, were focusses on Ash and not shared/side quests. And yes you could argue that Gou has to be explored more, but doesnt that count for all his companions? You can hate or love Gou all you want, but you cant deny that Gou has gotten more focus then most companions in their whole run. Also, can we say there is any progress in Gou 's goal compared to Ash?

Weren't people happy about Gurkin coming back, as he was another return character? And isn't Goh getting more focus than past companions the entire point of him being the co-protagonist?

For this episode, I initially expected that Tokio didn't show up because he found Celebi and was kidnapped to the future in typical Celebi fashion. Now I feel like Celebi kidnapped Tokio to the past, which is why Tokio was looking for it. If that is the case then Tokio in the present would not be Goh's age.

Ultra Beast Lover

The desires for Go to die are weird, I mean he's not a horrible, despicable person that emotionally, physically, and mentally abuses others and says, "I'm mean because I'm sad." And the writers just let them off scott free. Go's just a bit boring sometimes.

That being said, I'm probably gonna skip this episode. Not a fan of time travel. I'll only watch if it's a great Go episode. Not good, great.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I think some user overreacting here and can't be greatful that almost all battle in this series, ash the one who did it the most while goh still didn't get his first win yet for one Vs One battle , ash catch bunch popular Pokemon but Goh got only 2 starter and bunch of randomness, you guys should know to that goh have same status as dawn , and it's only one episode where ash didn't feature and for sure PJ 34 is ash focus, you guys should take chill pill, and Pls don't come and comment to next episode thread that you guys said you want skip it, is hypocrite really just to hate it, keep it to yourelf please don't ruin other people fun

Don't question why pikachu hog screen time of other pokemon, that like asking why ash hogs all battle in XY and SM where there competent gym leader and male character in companion who can battle to but rarely do battling in anime run and need cheap power up just to justify their power.

Ash = Pikachu is same status
If you complain that other ash Mon need a focus ,same can be said to other companion in previous series, pretty much ash hogs and do all battle. IMO is kinda contribute why serena can't finish battle or why Clemont on boring phase after 5th gym or even SM cast lack of battle focus episode.

If you say goh hijack ash just because he catch some random Pokemon then tell me where were you when ash hijack may grand festival episode by training and evolving snorunt, or when ash enter Wallace cup which is irrelevant because after DP (BW, XY and SM) he didn't even do any counter shield or any contest move or strategy. There just 2 example of hijacking if you want to call that hijacking which imo isn't but they rarely complaint because they know ash status is as main protagonist in last series. Since this series is have 2 main protagonist of course Goh should get his own focus to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.