• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 9th: SM85 - Leap 'n' Climb: Tundetunde!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Probably it will be Mallow’s turn to capture it. It seems they’re starting to be more unpredictable with the UB captures and she would be the least expected one to catch Stakataka so I think that Mallow will do so this time.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Probably it will be Mallow’s turn to capture it. It seems they’re starting to be more unpredictable with the UB captures and she would be the least expected one to catch Stakataka so I think that Mallow will do so this time.

I'd much rather her catch Pheromosa.

Since you know, she has a Pokemon that fights with kicks and Pheromosa is a Pokemon that fights with kicks.

Plus Steenee's (Tsareena's?) entire thing since the beginning has been causing Rowlet to get attracted to it via Sweet Scent. And what special ability does UB-02 Beauty also possess?

That plot writes itself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd much rather her catch Pheromosa.

Since you know, she has a Pokemon that fights with kicks and Pheromosa is a Pokemon that fights with kicks.

Plus Steenee's (Tsareena's?) entire thing since the beginning has been causing Rowlet to get attracted to it via Sweet Scent. And what special ability does UB-02 Beauty also possess?

That plot writes itself.
True so this time it’s Kiawe’s turn? Because Sophocles bonded with Celesteela and I don’t recall Kiawe bonding more closely with any of the Ultra Beasts. I just think that Ash bonded more more closely with Buzzwole and he even caught it.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
True so this time it’s Kiawe’s turn? Because Sophocles bonded with Celesteela and I don’t recall Kiawe bonding more closely with any of the Ultra Beasts. I just think that Ash bonded more more closely with Buzzwole and he even caught it.

Well, if this episode takes place on a sports ground, then this is probably gym class or maybe a sports festival (I feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity that they haven't tried many of the more cliche Japanese school tropes).

Kiawe's the most physically fit of the group, so him getting the capture would make the most sense. Or maybe they'll be ironic and have it be Sophocles or Lillie, the least physically inclined members of the group.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Here's hoping somebody who hasn't captured one gets to catch it.
Only one girl that hasn't
Mallow, Soph, and Kiawe have yet to capture one, no idea why you're so against Kiawe. Lillie and Lana got the last ones, they don't need this.
Because Kiawe is a battler which in turn will take focus off the characters like Mallow who will have to do something else other than battle because of Steenee's limited abilities but hey, at least she did help create a dazzling performance last Ultra Guardians episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well, if this episode takes place on a sports ground, then this is probably gym class or maybe a sports festival (I feel it's a bit of a missed opportunity that they haven't tried many of the more cliche Japanese school tropes).

Kiawe's the most physically fit of the group, so him getting the capture would make the most sense. Or maybe they'll be ironic and have it be Sophocles or Lillie, the least physically inclined members of the group.
Yeah could as well in some way be a sports anime parody. Maybe at some point Stakataka is used as some goal.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Only 4 UB left to debut, I wonder if all of them would have appeared by ep. 100, guess Naganadel will be the last to debut for obvious reasons.

I hope so. If we look at the Ultra Guardians/Ultra Beasts episodes:

SM61-Buzzole
SM69-Celesteela
SM78-Xurkitree and Blacephalon
SM85-Stakataka

I am excluding Naganadel, since I believe Ash's Poipole will evolve and debut its evo, so that leaves us with Pheromosa, Kartana and Guzzlord. My guess would be:
that Pheromosa and/or Kartana debut next with Guzzlord being the last to debut (and ofc Naganadel during the Necrozma arc). So, it might be possible for all of them to debut before episode 100, hopefully if they give us at least two UB episodes from SM86-SM99.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, honestly nothing about this sounds all that interesting tbh...honestly this whole Ultra Guardians plot is really lame so far. The only decent thing that's come from these episodes so far is Lycanroc using his z move.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Meh, honestly nothing about this sounds all that interesting tbh...honestly this whole Ultra Guardians plot is really lame so far. The only decent thing that's come from these episodes so far is Lycanroc using his z move.
Battling isn't everything. The writers' creativity with plots is up, even if they do tend to revert to formula for battles.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Battling isn't everything. The writers' creativity with plots is up, even if they do tend to revert to formula for battles.

Never said battling was anything, just that nothing interesting is happening in these episodes outside of the battle related things, oh and Lillie practicing throwing Poke Balls so she can catch a pokemon.

I would love it if there was actual development with the characters coming from these episodes but like I said, outside of Lillie practicing throwing her balls, there's really nothing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
oh and Lillie practicing throwing Poke Balls so she can catch a pokemon.
And Snowy whacks it at her target to help her of course. I also wish that Lillie will finally start throwing Poké Balls accurately and Stakataka will be a good start.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It would be nice to have an actual freaking battle with the Ultra Beasts though
Even Guzzlord, the most dangerous Ultra Beast appears to be looking to be outdone without a big battle. Mallow's gonna cook something up, feed it, catch it, then send it home.... Guzzlord deserves a big action packed two parter where everybody is struggling to stop his path of destruction

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
It would be nice to have an actual freaking battle with the Ultra Beasts though
Even Guzzlord, the most dangerous Ultra Beast appears to be looking to be outdone without a big battle. Mallow's gonna cook something up, feed it, catch it, then send it home.... Guzzlord deserves a big action packed two parter where everybody is struggling to stop his path of destruction

Unfortunately, SM is the Show at some of its all time most kiddy...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokemon Fan:

https://i.imgur.com/QtkH8Nl.jpg

Rotom's file of documented info on the Ultra Beasts
The Ultra Beasts have lost their way into our world from the world beyond the Ultra Holes. I've researched the four that have appeared so far!
The Ultra Guardians: A team that carries out missions with the purpose of sending Ultra Beasts back to the worlds they came from!

Tekkaguya:
It was buried in the ground in the ancient past and discovered by pure chance! The Guardians dug it out and it flew high into the sky!
Blurb: Incredibly enough, it had been sleeping there in the ground for over 200 years!

Massivoon:
Satoshi and the others sped to the place where it was going on a rampage after being startled by what people and Pokémon looked like! Both sides were eventually able to understand the other wasn't there to battle them.
Blurb: It had enough strength to even handle being surrounded by these Kairiky!

Zugadoon:
A show-off of an Ultra Beast that showed up at a fireworks display and started putting on a fireworks performance.
Top blurb: The round, head-like portion of its body can float and explode! The impact is tremendous!
Bottom blurb: It startles those that see it and absorbs their energy.

Denjyumoku:
It appeared when Zugadoon was causing explosions. It and Zugadoon dueled each other with flashy performances.
Top blurb: It appeared at a power plant, where it turned the electricity it absorbed into energy.
Bottom blurb: It countered Zugadoon's fireworks with electric discharges!

Tundetunde will soon appear as well!
The Ultra Beasts appear suddenly, and it's impossible to predict what they'll do. What's going to happen next time?!
"Leap 'n' Climb: Tundetunde!" is planned to air August 9th!

Status
Not open for further replies.