1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

August Plot Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by e9310103838, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

SM mini-volume 3 cover released.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
  2. lolipiece

lolipiece Ain't that the tooth Staff Member Moderator

Congrats, Tapu Bulu.

You got top billing on the cover to a volume you don't even appear in (in person, that is).

3. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

I guess they wanted to keep the pattern. Volume 4 will probably have Tapu Fini and Sun and Moon interchanging positions. Not sure who'll get that Gladion/Lillie/Hau spot, though. Probably Guzma or maybe Lusamine if she gets more involved. But I don't know how they would be relevant in a 'Poni Island' arc.

4. lolipiece

If we follow the pattern established by the games, then the next location should be Aether. Outside of a trial, the only place of interest on Poni that would be relevant to SM's story is the Alter of the Sunne/Moone.

But Lillie hasn't been kidnapped yet and the people responsible for doing so are currently jellyfish-napped (Guzma) and unconscious (Plumeria). So I wonder how that'll go down. Only people I can see doing that here are Faba or the Recon Squad.

5. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me if she's been kidnapped while everyone was busy in Po town. That's quite the obvious set up now that I think of it. But then again, wasn't the whole point of that to get Nebby?Seems redundant if Guzma already has a Cosmog.

6. Zhydra

Zhydra Well-Known Member

That and Nebby already evolved in case you forgotten.

7. horrahforyou

horrahforyou Well-Known Member

I just read on the recent new that Gen 8 (with Switch as a new console) will debut mid 2019.

Kind of bothers me a little bit because B2W2 was still on hiatus and no one knows when it will resume while USUM arc is yet to release

8. lolipiece

The game won't be released until little under a year and a half from now. More than enough time to finish it. Hopefully.

And there's no evidence we're even getting an USUM arc. Everything points to one single arc with elements of both SM and USUM.

9. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Do we even knew that what element the sun and moon arc are bringing and dropping ?

10. e9310103838

In this month plot, Sun asked Anabel for an information fee of six million yen.

Blacephalon appears here.

Anabel thinks the man who lurking in Alola has the ability to make Beast Balls.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  11. lolipiece

Blacephalon? And another USUM element is here. Looking more and more likely we're getting one long arc again.

Anabel has a Mismagius now, just like the games. Is Raikou still with her?

A man who can create Beast Balls?

In Sun and Moon, it was Aether who made them, while in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, it was the Ultra Recon Squad, with Aether mass-producing them.

The former is out for obvious reasons, but the latter have yet to appear. So the only person who I can think of is Mohn.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  12. rakuichi

rakuichi Active Member

Anabel uses the word 潜伏(lurking), seems that the man is a fugitive, so I guess he is Acroma.

Although it is likely that we're getting a long arc, I think it is possible that Sun & Moon would be ended in volume 4, and then the title would be changed to USUM.

13. lolipiece

Why would it need to end to change its title? Ruby and Sapphire had its name changed to Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald just fine back then.

Of course, that doesn't mean much since the name was changed back for the volumes, but whatever.

Also, right. They did mention that Colress would be showing up in the volume 3 preview.

I thought they might have decided not to have him appear since he didn't appear at all in volume 3, but I guess not.

14. e9310103838

[​IMG]

SM mini-volume 3 back cover. :cool:

15. lolipiece

Oh, Guzma? I was expecting Guzzlord, Celesteela, and Pheromosa since the other three UBs appeared on the last back cover.

16. Moni_22

Moni_22 Well-Known Member

Thanks, and oh my god YES! I was also expecting the other UB but this is cool!

17. e9310103838

The titles:

Flash!! Nebby's secret! 一閃!!ほしぐもちゃんの秘密!
    Wreck!! Bruxish ground teeth! 難破!!歯ぎしりハギギシリ!
    Take a photograph!! Abandoned site of the megamart! 撮影!!メガやすの跡地!
    Charge into!! The Po Town! 突入!!ポータウン!
    Melee!! The monsters from the different world! 乱戦!!異世界の怪物!
    Truth!! Behind Team Skull! 真相!!スカル団の背後!

:D

18. TotallyNotCrt

TotallyNotCrt New Member

Thanks I was actually going to post these up.
    [​IMG]
    I had a slightly different take, but it's more or less the same.
    14. Flash!! Nebby's secret!
    15. Wreck!! Teeth Grinding Bruxish!
    16. Snap! The Abandoned Mega Mart!
    17. Charge!! Po Town!
    18. Brawl!! The Monsters From A Different World!
    19. Truth!! Behind the Curtains of Team Skull!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  19. Lucky3

Lucky3 Well-Known Member

So Colress is going to appear here while he's still one of the main villains in BW2? That's going to be weird.

I can already imagine the awkward conversations between him and Looker to avoid spoiling anything:
    ''I didn't expect to find you here after what happened back then. '' ''If it wasn't for that person, things would have gone differently.'' ''I never imagined something like that could ever happen.''

Also, I wonder if there's any meaning in the UBs that the International Police doesn't know. Nihilego was important in SM, but what's up with Xurkitree?

20. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Let me hear the voice of your Pokémon!

So Colress will be the one who might actually create the Beast Balls? Then that means that Lack-Two will probably fail to catch him in BW2. Now I'm also wondering how the police has gotten their data for some of the UBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.