• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe Sword and Shield for June!

Ea1fenbXgAcqorp.jpg

Ea1finMWAAA05Hn.jpg

Ea1fl_uX0AQAUlD.jpg

Ea1fp9eWkAUJkdT.jpg

Stickun evolves into Thwackey! And our first introduction to Gigantamaxing!

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Soon our boi Thwackey will evolve into Rillaboom and he too can master the DK rap.

G-SANtos

So from one Gym Battle straight to another. I guess that makes sense considering the pacing of SM and the publishing schedule Kusaka has been in. And also, mainland Galar is basically the smallest region in the games so far, which becomes super obvious when you look at a fan made image of Galar's map in Gen 1 style. I saw it a few weeks ago on Reddit, and if you want I can look it up later.

You know, I'm not sure if I realized it before, but in PokéSpe Starters reach the second stage really fast.

And again the chapter focuses on Soudo's battle. Are we ever going to see a Shieldmillia battle? Like, I'm seriously curious how she can even take on Gyms when she has only when one Pokémon. Don't they usually have a minimal team size requirement in this universe? I guess Soudo lends one of his Pokémon to her, but I would like a confirmation.
I hope we at least see her facing Kabu.

By the way, sorry about my absence. I'm currently facing an unexpected problem and focused most of my free time reading theories and rumors about the DLC and posting my own theories as well. Because of that, I haven't been able to catch up on B2W2 yet, or post my analysis about what I think are the main problems with implementing Swod and Shildy in PokéSpe. I'm sure I'll be able to post it next week.

how characters in that said arc work in specialverse ? The characters in the game don't own Zunkan and replaced with P☆Da and that could definitely fit in the Pokemon animeverse as Zunkan is not important
Sorry for the delayed answer, but as detailed above I was busy.
There's not exactly a Pokédex in the Orre games, but there's the Strategy Memo, which is similar enough. Similarly to the Gen 8 Pokédex being a Rotom Phone app, the Strategy Memo is a PDA function, and in Colosseum it's an upgrade instead of a standard feature, meaning you can assume it's not something everyone has. Sure, in XD the protagonist has a Strategy Memo from the start, but you can argue that's because he's close to Professor Krane.
For PokéSpe purposes, the Strategy Memo is close enough to the Pokédex that I'm sure Kusaka could treat it as equivalent to one.

So Mary speaks like Sapphire after all.
She was about to say "Sekarashika" (shut up, noisy) but was interrupted.
Nice. So if she becomes a Dex Holder, we now would have two girls that speak in the Hakata dialect. Imagine the interactions! And later Klara and Moon as two Poison buddies.
Please Kusaka, break the name tradition. Please!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I want to say Kusaka's just wanting to give Grookey (well, Thwackey now) some screentime. Out of all of Soudo's Pokemon, it's had the least focus in the past few chapters. Even Scorbunny's done more lately.

Moni_22

I guess they want to the gym battles as soon as possible considering the pace of the series. They would want more time for the more story-heavy moments and DLC stuff. I hope the full volumes will include some side chapters.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I guess they want to the gym battles as soon as possible considering the pace of the series. They would want more time for the more story-heavy moments and DLC stuff. I hope the full volumes will include some side chapters.
I wonder if Zunkan Holders are getting the grass and water starters from the Kantou Region that could do G-max

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Seeing how much the color yellow is proeminent in the Isle of Armor DLC, I wouldn't doubt if Yellow showed up during the gang's visit there. Maybe Kusaka will try to pull a connection between her and Mustard's family? I could see her as a distant cousin or something.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Seeing how much the color yellow is proeminent in the Isle of Armor DLC, I wouldn't doubt if Yellow showed up during the gang's visit there. Maybe Kusaka will try to pull a connection between her and Mustard's family? I could see her as a distant cousin or something.
Well Mustard 's Wife Mitsuba/Honey look like older Blue (f) there is a chance that character and her son Hyde is related to Her in some way

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I wonder how Kusaka is going to tie Mustard, Honey, Klara, and Avery to the hierarchy of elite trainers in the region. If you read both Mustard's and Honey's league cards then there is definitely interesting set up for a mini flashback to flesh out the region's world-building.

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
Interesting that Marvin isn't on the cover

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I've noticed that as well. Gets pretty odd considering his partner did.

Makes sense since he isn't technically a main protagonist but I'd take him over Invincible Champion Leon - the one who can't be beat - any time

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Zacian's face is weird.

Also, not a fan of how Yamamoto draws Scorbunny

iml908

Pretty weird Sobble is front and center. The BW, XY, & SMUSUM arcs all had the male protagonist's starter in the middle for their posters/volumes. Maybe Marvin will be more of the central protagonist going forward, though if that were the case it's a little strange he's not on the cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.