• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

AuraChannelerChris's Lucario & Riolu HQ

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Since a nice suggestion came from a user who suggested me to open up my own thread, I will post my art in this topic.

Now, before you move on, I completely hold the Riolu/Lucario line in high regard. There's a bit of characterization in the art I'm going to be posting here, namely, the main characters of my main fic The Subspace Emissary: World's Conquest and the prequel called The Bond of Aura.

Chris: A normal teenager who is not really like many stereotypical heroes, he is well reserved and thinks clearly before doing anything. Chris is a very smart guy who manages to get high grades in school. His family is kind of rich, at the cost that his parents are very rarely home ever since he was 7. Raised by his relatives, he has managed to mature and take care of himself. Though all changes once a Lucario ends up in the real world by fate.

However, he abhors the idea of thinking too much that he has never spent too much time with somebody in special, and thus wishes to get Lucario to stay...

Lucario: He is not like your average Lucario. Though he retains the usual calm and serious nature, this one is admittedly vastly superior than any other Lucario due to the facts that he measures 6'7'' (not counting the ears) and has an unbelievable Herculean strength. Feeling that the only way to avoid doing anything wrong in the real world is through Chris's guidance, Lucario is mildly forced to listen to him.

Only with time, though, will he realize that the real world is such an amazing place, and that Chris is perhaps the one who can give so much to him...

That's the gist of both of my characters.

Now, I COULD post other art, but it'll be rare. So, without further ado, enjoy the art I have for the moment. Each piece of art has a title and a summary to convey the art's setting.

658420-pLHZhLZhN0_ybgX3.png

Chris's big Lucario has taken the role of Santa Claus (by Santa himself) to spread Christmas goodness to everyone, but he's looking forward to make a special delivery to his trainer at the end of his job. (Yes, I self-inserted my fictional characters into this...but that Riolu in the background is Lucario's little helper).​

The (Already) Big Lucario Grows

663100-SvHaoyr_xwSXb3Tb.png

"Chris's big Lucario suddenly starts to grow into massive proportions. Although Chris is kind of safe...Lucario wants to keep growing and feel the power. He already got Herculean strength WAY before he started growing...

BTW, I'm trying to draw a good character for Chris, so he looks less than average in this picture. Perhaps I should be familiar with Japanese art?

This picture was kind of requested by a dear friend of mine."​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Right now, I'm trying to draw Chris's appearance (which will resemble me in some ways). This specific artwork has Chris standing right in front of Lucario (you'll be surprised how tall the latter is).

...But the problem I'm having is that I can't choose a right set of eyes for Chris, but they need to be kind of anime-ish. I'm looking for some eyes that reflect Chris's mature attitude with a hint of kindness and worry. He better look the part if I want people to think that he deserves to be a worthy Lucario trainer.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's about time I start drawing Chris from "The Bond of Aura" and "The Subspace Emissary: World's Conquest".

669365-vLfwuYqfRWaWPJqs.png

"The next day, Chris panics after seeing the ill Lucario nowhere. He stands up and turns around, only to see that the towering Lucario was standing behind him..."​

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Whoa, that's the biggest Lucario ever. Your latest work is pretty good but I admit, you can improve your works a bit but nonetheless, It's a good job.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Thank you for the support.

Here's yet another piece of art I finished just recently.

670745-caN7db2Il3NaEFFN.png

"The point when the two start to be a trainer & Pokemon... Try to separate them and the big guy will tear you apart."​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here's yet another artwork of mine. The original idea was to make it look a little more serious-looking, but the rather cartoony look I ended up with looked pretty peculiar.

672736-6BektNFgILB2AtxQ.png

"Chris and Lucario have set up the Christmas tree. It's going to be the first Christmas that both will have with each other."​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This time, I decided to pay more attention to background details, as well as lighting and shading.

674378-cH7P2Hn9hprCRz3i.png

"Chris and Lucario sit together to get warm with the chimney. Soon, Chris falls asleep and shivers a bit, and Lucario, doubtful, pulls him to his side. Feeling oddly proud, he growls silently as the teen sleeps under his big arms, safe from danger and coldness..."​

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
And 'bout time you do on your backgrounds because this one's actually good. The shading's also good. In fact, you improved on this recent artwork of yours.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here goes, now characters of my fiction "The Subspace Emissary: World's Conquest" start to appear in my art.

677518-MJmtB3EHx7AlFPhX.png

Chris, his Lucario, Fox, and Ash's Pikachu all join the fray of battle (Tales of Vesperia style). Part of my fanfic called "The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest".​

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think I'm on a serious roll with my artwork. Here's yet another Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest art featuring Lucario, Chris (as an Aura Apprentice), and Ash's Pikachu. (Funnily enough, I used this during Humanities class as a demonstration of what Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa influenced me to do: draw my own art).

679717-ECEPyHcDK1hbw2-x.png

Chris's Lucario came up with the idea of running fast across the field and leaping high into great heights. He carries his trainer on his back with Ash's Pikachu on Chris's head. From "The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest".​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Now that I'm getting adept at drawing Chris and Lucario, it's time I moved on to drawing Fox himself.

681749-EqFbOAx0Jqpt5qUp.png

As Lucario looked over with a pleased smile at his trainer Chris, he overheard Fox saying, "You're working for me now, but that doesn't mean we can't be best buddies."​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This special artwork was done for a friend of mine I finally got to talk to. It's a crossover with Lucario, Chris, and Fox meeting some wild Pokemon: an Absol, an Eevee, and another Lucario.

691434-1bhNL2z5fj3ycI0i.png

Lucario was excited to find where he had sensed an abnormally powerful aura in the forest. The aura was so powerful that he sensed it from his cave, but he knew his own aura wasn't that strong. In a hurry, he urged Absol and an relunctant Eevee down to the lake.

His eyes couldn't believe it. In front of the lake, there were three people sitting on a picnic spot: a guy who was into weird costumes and overly stylish clothes (Lucario would find out later that day that his costume wasn't exactly what he thought it was), a teenager who kind of had an obsession with Lucario given the black mask pattern he wore on his face, and another Lucario that he presumed was the teen's Pokemon. "Another Lucario!" Lucario beamed.

"Oh great," Eevee muttered. "Another Glass-face to make fun of along with some other weirdos."

Absol looked pale. "Uh... Guys?" he piped up, staring in shock. "That Lucario... Doesn't he seem a little too..."

Eevee stared forward and analyzed the Lucario. He was sitting next to the trainer...and then she saw the difference. "That Lucario is...really big..."

"No way!" Lucario exclaimed. The powerful aura was coming from the other Lucario. Intrigued, he stepped out from hiding location, not even aware that they had already been found before they even got there.

The next thing he knew, Lucario was standing on top of a rock to reach out to the big Lucario, but it was hopeless. The towering Lucario smiled down at him and slightly flexed his left arm. Utterly fascinated, Lucario beamed in glee, completely ignoring that Absol was being groomed by the teen and a very deadpan Eevee looking sideways at the other stranger. Certainly, Lucario thought, these three had some sort of amazing story he could get into...

Characters on the left: Fox, Lucario, and Chris from my story "The Subspace Emissary's World Conquest."
Characters on the right: Absol, Lucario, and Eevee from lupyne's "I Am Lucario."​

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here's a promotional artwork for the beginning chapters of "Return to Normality" Saga of the Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest.

697848-gVsDmoym0BDqIzjU.png

Even trapped in enemy's territory, Chris engages the Ancient Minister...in Ace Attorney Investigation style. Part of the "Return to Normality" Saga of "The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest".​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It was about time I got to draw more Lucario and Riolu.

702887-CoiklRHgKmHk8BxF.png

Lucario saw his trainer shedding some tears. Hating to feel Chris's aura radiate sadness, the towering Lucario pulled him and started licking his tears, keeping a tight grip to keep Chris in place.

"I get sad seeing you cry... Here, let me put those tears away." And then Lucario was all over Chris, enjoying his trainer's chuckles. Riolu happily climbed the bed and tried to reach out for the teen and lick the tears too.​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Aaaaaaaand here's a special artwork done for something I have I mind. I won't tell what it is, though.

710236-AafsN98O_3AbYJE6.png

"Will it truly end for them, though?" (From left to right: Joshua, Fox, Chris, Pichu, Neku, Ike, Shiki, Ness, Rhyme, Beat, and Lucario).

The World Ends With You: Joshua, Neku, Shiki, Rhym, & Beat
The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest: Fox, Chris, Pichu, Ike, Ness, & Lucario​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A request from a friend of mine (lupyne). I let him suggest me what he wanted me to draw: a scene from The Bond of Aura.

714204-J1O0i1hd7OibmOMP.png

An "unfortunate" encounter with his first shower experience leaves the towering Lucario...all fluffy. From The Bond of Aura's chapter, "A Very Calm, Relaxing Approach".​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is a promotional artwork for the chapter "A Reading Experience" of The Bond of Aura. Also, I tried to do some perspective training with this.

718602-HTjU7Csmw-keT9BK.png

Chris decides to teach Lucario to read. However, will it be that easy?​

I guess the couch needs an angle adjustment.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And now for a bunch of Pokemon that will make Chris's team in the near future.

721361-tsu3Ov3dVFpwVii-.png

Chris might have Lucario, but his dream team extends a little more beyond that (which includes Snivy, Oshawott, Mudkip, Emolga, Shinx, Growlithe, and Poochyena).

YES I KNOW THERE ARE EIGHT POKEMON OUT INSTEAD OF SIX BUT HE DISLIKES KEEPING THEM ALL IN THEIR POKE BALLS.

P.S.: This drawing made me realize something. Snivy is the most awesome thing since Oshawott.​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is a promotional artwork for the second chapter of "The Bond of Aura"

724359-mxYoDkWLjeXgrsE4.png

Curiously enough, the towering Lucario can hold a fork just fine. It seems he'll be able to eat human food.

BTW, I didn't make Chris small or Lucario too tall. It's just that Lucario (and all of them in general) has a big rear...

Pfft...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!​

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To celebrate the announcement for Gen 6, here's Fennekin, my new favorite Fire-type!

734344-CojTWtbVLfVsFkQy.png

A weird Pokemon suddenly wandered into Chris's room, and the teen immediately went to pet it. Looks like the very big Lucario found himself a new little friend.​