• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Australia Says Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I never knew! Thanks for the tip, m8!
You're welcome, "m8." Oh, mate. I get it.

It's not so much what I believe, I'm merely going by what historians believe. They were trapped in the lowest echelon of society as inferiors to everyone else higher than them, basically.
Their land would have been snatched by someone eventually if Captain Cook never discovered Australia.
This is laughable. Historians? You're talking to an archaeology student! Some of my friends (and professors) are historians! In my ARCH 135 class, we spent nearly a 3 hour lecture on how historians and anthropologists, even up to the 1950s and 60s, spent all their time trying to categorize humans. No historian worth his salt would differentiate people based on race.

Captain Cook didn't "discover" Australia, either, btw. Humans reached it by 60,000 years ago.

The reason why I don't like them now is because they're a waste of space. They don't try to become educated. They don't try to make a life for themselves. They don't do anything except sit in Darwin or where the hell ever thinking that they're better than everyone because they're the "FOUNDERS OF THE LAND." Toss them into contemporary Australian society with some cash and I guarantee they won't make any use out of it.

We can though. Because we're cool.

The definitions of "modern" and "contemporary" hinge rather tightly on one's point of view. Our "modern" values technology and power, and dominates land with it. That doesn't make us superior, just different.

Also, I highly doubt that the aboriginals had quite such high crime rates until the Europeans showed up, booted them off their land with their superior technology, and shoved 'em off into reserves, or wherever it is they live.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
I love how Australia goes "lol surreh we fuxd u up b4. 4give ous?"

I also love how people feed into Jay's post and then preach to him as if he doesn't know exactly what he's doing. I absolutely love it. Continue to bring me my lulz, I grow impatient of waiting.
Some of my friends (and professors) are historians! In my ARCH 135 class, we spent nearly a 3 hour lecture on how historians and anthropologists, even up to the 1950s and 60s, spent all their time trying to categorize humans. No historian worth his salt would differentiate people based on race.
What a fucking waste of time.

Last edited:
0_o................. What happened?? I missed the whole thing (Actually i heard half on radio)................

I actually do feel sorry for aborigines, Cause White people (Well what else would you want to be called) Took there land and did whatever they want. So IMO thats why aborigines are behaving disgustingly.

Ain't gonna reply to those previous post. Plain spam, Flame troll and.. whatever

Alzi

Toon link
BlAcKyBoI it isn't me hating black people. >.> Just because i don't like aborigines doesn't mean i hate all other black people. I like black people i mean there fun fast strong athletic it's just Aborigines no offense to them but i don't like them so much. Also i hate learning about them in school it pisses me off the most. And it's good that the government said sorry it should of been over and done with ages ago.

Also you live exactly where i live Australia / W.A / Perth lol.

OzBlackman

OzCommunist
Yeah, I'm not going to reply to fasceous or however the hell you spell it. He (or she :S) is just trying to wind people up. It says it's in uni, but I'm pretty sure it's a 12 year old.

And to Alzi, I again say: I don't care if you don't like Aboriginals, because we don't like you.
And where do I live in Perth? None of your business.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Just read her profile it says she is a 9 year old girl. lol

Also you are right Power of Fire the only reasons they drink, steal swear etc. Is because they hate what white people did to there land. But what is done is done. But it's a good thing that sorry word came out now aborigines will respect that sorry and start being a whole new person as i heard one lady said that on T.V

Yeah, I'm not going to reply to fasceous or however the hell you spell it. He (or she :S) is just trying to wind people up. It says it's in uni, but I'm pretty sure it's a 12 year old.

Facetious.............

learning about them in school it pisses me off

Well i disagree, Believe it or not (I'm not aborigine Stupid) I like to learn about aboriginal culture :p

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Blackboi, try and tone your words down. I understand that you've gone through a lot, but there's no reason to bring on the same hate to people you've barely met. carefully explain your points in a civil manner.

oh, and enough with the racism; racism doesn't stop racism. tolerance does. don't put a race in a single category and say "all of them act like this so I don't like them."

you should give everybody the benefit of the doubt and judge them by their content.

I personally think it's nice that they apologized. as long as they don't get reparations.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I watched 'The Rabbit Proof Fence' last year and it is was really moving. I completely agree that what the nation has done in the past is wrong, but, I think we need to realize the government back then really believed that they were helping aborigines. They thought that by educating and teaching them they would be able to seek better lifestyles and jobs.

But I agree, we really do need to apologize for our actions in the past, they were unjust and heartbreaking.
In bold: like the expression goes, "you can bring a horse to a river, but you can't force it to drink from it".

Anyway, I think that's great. My own country should follow Australia's example; so should the US. Natives have gotten the short end of the stick even since Europeans could built a decent boat.
I think we might already have apologized, sort of. I don't necessarily remember exactly where I've heard it from, but there was something like this similar that occurred and they apologized for it. Maybe someone could ping up a result to find out. History isn't one of my strong points...

~C_L~

...What a fucking waste of time.

An exaggeration.

Quoted for truth. I'm done here.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Now if the United States government can own up... (Hell, there's Black History month, why nothing for the Native Americans?)

Also, I may have missed it while reading, but who/what prompted this apology?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
what do you mean United States own up? who cares about history months. just get on with your life.

Idiot. Why do you think aboriginals are in the state they are in? They have been living in drug and alcohol ridden conditions because when the English INVADED they bought along THERE money and THERE laws, destroying this country and sending the aboriginals into complete poverty, as they could not gain money to survive in this new world.

Oh, and your a disgrace you hypocritical "I hate Pokemon and you're all losers (Even though I'm on here all day)" white retard. You clearly know nothing about the history of this country and why it is in state that it's in. Pig.

It's not about fixing anything. It's about apologizing for a horrifying time in history. And of course there was anger. Why don't you read into what happened? See, you white people have NO respect for anyone, and when it comes down to it, it's all because of jealousy.

I'm going to make some comments which you will all probably disagree with but why the who gives a flying f*ck?

White people hate black people for one reason- Physically, black people are stronger, faster and have created better societies. And I don't just mean African Americas are Aboriginals, but anyone of colour. The aboriginals lived great lives before the English came along. I know what you're all thinking:

"But we have Cars, TV, Guns!"

Greeeeeat inventions. Thanks for them all guys! Now we can pollute the Earth, become even stupider (just like facetious) and blow the brains out of the innocent.

I don't like white people. We're even.

lmfao. you're funny. lol lol lol lol LOL

what do you mean United States own up? who cares about history months. just get on with your life.
hay thar. It's another idiot!

Rave

Banned
Yeah, they better be sorry.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
It's another idiot!

what have I said wrong? what good do history months even do?

The_Panda

恭喜發財
Of course the Australian Government should apologise. Of course those affected by it deserve compensation. If I never knew my mother and father because I was taken away just because I was of a particular race, and put in an institution, I would be pretty upset, and I would want compensation.

Quite simply, no child deserves to be taken away and institutionalised because they are of one particular race. It's disgusting. As Australians, we have to sit down and come to terms with the fact that we've treated the Aboriginal population very badly. Refusing to apologise for what we've done on the grounds that we don't want to compensate for it is just pathetic. It's the moral imperative to admit we were wrong, get over with it and look for a bipartisan solution with the aboriginal elders.

And BlAcKyBoI, please, the best thing to do in any situation is for both sides to try get over their hatred of one another and reconcile. Two wrongs don't make a right.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
oh, of course I support compensation for people who were directly affected by it.

but I don't support compensation for people who are simply aboriginal.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Well, eighty years after the assimilation project began, I can't see how they expect an apology to compensate. I hope they are at least doing something else apologetic, as a "sorry" is worth nothing. Zip. Zilch. Zero. That's like Americans apologizing to Africans and African-Americans for enslaving their people - apologizing today. That's over a hundred years with nothing, and you expect forgiveness? In my opinion, the apology is a pathetic compensation for the situation, but at least it shows that they are starting to feel remorse...for the first time in eighty years.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
what more compensation could they possibly get? we can't just throw money at them, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.