• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Authors' Profiles V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Approved by Psychic

Hello everyone. I'd like to restart the once great thread that is now too old and currently dieing in a corner of the Author's Cafe (here), and also because there are many new authors in here who have joined over the years.

The basic idea of this thread is for authors to post their own profiles about writing, your style, your favourite genre, etcetera. It's also for posting what stories you have currently and yet to come. (the Fan Fiction Catalog is useless for this purpose as Burrado_Aipom is now going to arrange the fics by genre.) You can also link your authors' profile in your sig.

Rules:

-All Sppf and Authors' Cafe rules apply
-After posting your profile, if you want to update it, just edit and refrain from spamming this up.
-Please, use the following layout for your profile. A few are optional for those who want to maintain their privacy.

Name: Your username, nickname, real name or any other name that you want to be called by.

Age (optional): Your age.

Gender (optional): Your gender.

Types Of Writing: In simpler words (for those who don't comprehend) it's your favourite genre to write; fantasy, OT, romance, horror, etcetera.

Strong Areas: Which areas of writing are you good at? Are they plot, description, character development?

Type Of Characters: What type of character's do you enjoy writing about, the moody angster, crazy good-guy or mysterious antagonist.

Current Stories: The stories which you have completed of are currently writing. You can include the banner, a summary, the genre and basically what you want readers to know about your story.

Future Stories: Include stories which you have not yet posted or are thinking of writing.

Writing Tips (Optional): Give writing tips to new authors' here. The Advice for Aspiring Authors serves that purpose but no one has posted in it for a long time and people are likely to want advice from a certain author.

That's it. Have fun posting your profiles.

.:Authors' Profiles:.

. IC Ghost .
Air Dragon
Armel
Bay
BladedScizor
bobandbill
Blue_Mew22
buneary dude
burrado_aipom
Chibi Pika
Divinity_123
Dragonfree
duncan
elyvorg
FlamingRuby
Gardevoir Girl
Glitch
Griff4815
JammyU
Legend of Lucario
Pink Parka Girl
poke poke
PokemonHero
Psychic
Sinoda
storymasterb
The Big Al
Ventus3
Ysavvryl
Zadros

Please inform me if I got your name wrong or if your link doesn't work.

Last edited:

Armel

Banned
This is great!

Username: Armel

Types of Writing: Fantasy, mystery and adventure. I like to add a little romance here and there to make everything feel more believable.

Current Stories: The Gates of Moonlight. It's a story that deals with fantasy and mystery as the story progresses. Not revealing anything here, the only way for you to know is to go and read it for yourself! =D

Strong Areas: Excuse me for my lack of modesty, but my strong points are probably my plot and characters. The plot has to be original, and the human must be realistic.

Type of Characters: I like to write about a lot of different people. Well, since I started my fic yesterday (The Gates of Moonlight). The lead character is a male and a bookworm.

Future Stories: Nothing planned, but I might write a couple of One-Shots.

Last edited:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Good idea, Poke Poke, I shall be second.

Name: I have many, but the one most people know me by is JammyU ;)

Favourite Genre: Fantasy/Comedy/Adventure (with a bit of mystery sometimes)

Strong Points: Humour, apparently. :D

Favourite Character Types: The satirical comic-relief guy.

Current Stories:
Equilibria- Adventure/Mystery (with a sprinkling of humour thrown in :D).
In a brand new region of my own creation we follow the stories of two young boys. Though their paths cross multiple times, are they really fighting for the same thing? And can either of them restore balance in the Cuaro Region?

Future Stories: Focusing on Equilibria, but I already have ideas for a prequal.

Writing Tips: I don't really have any except, don't give up! Too many fics are started and then deserted.

Last edited:

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Name: Storymasterb

Types of writing: Generally journey fics, but I try other things occasionally. Genrally I do adventure, usually mixing in some romance.

Strong Areas: Plot. I can definitely come up with a good plot.

Favorite Characters: The main people. They are always the one you are going to concentrate on, ususally becuase the story is from their point of view. Sometimes I do favor other characters, like Tyson in Legends of Hoenn.

Current storys:
Journey of a Champion, Anger of a Legend
20 years after Ash has become world champion, his son sets out on a journey of his own. However he is the key to a powerful being of evil who may or may not be ancient.

Legends of Hoenn
In events based on Pokemon Emerald, three friends: Brendan, May and Tyson set out on their Pokemon journey. But this is no ordinary journey, as they must confront the Legends of Hoenn.

Digimon Tamers: Rise of a New Era
15 years after Digimon Tamers ends, a new story begins. A new group of Digi-destined is chosen to save the Digital World from the schemes of an evil being, but the true enemy lies in the shadows.

Future storys: Way too many to mention. I'm like a fountain of ideas.

Writing tips: This might be strange coming from me, seeing as I'm the one who should listen to this, but don't give up half way through the fic. My problem seems to be a kind of writers block, I get to a certain point and just can't think of anything else to write. I am taking steps against this.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Name: FlamingRuby

Types Of Writing: fantasy, comedy, magic, music, adventure, slice-of-life

Strong Areas: I've been told I've made some original plots, and I'm decent at character making.

Type Of Characters: Average Joes and Janes that get put into extraordinary situations to grow as a person and learn about strengths they never knew they had.

Current Stories: Active at the moment:

Final Fantasy: Tales of the Crystals-basically a re-imagining of the original Final Fantasy game, with references to other Final Fantasies, other games, and then some. Book 1 is finished, Book 2 just premiered.

The Adventures of Kochou and the Beautiflies-When Ash gains the power to become a pop superstar from a very special Beautifly, it takes him and his friends on some pretty wild adventures!

Life with Kira-When a Pichu enters a trainer's life, even the most mundane of events seem majestic. There's love, adventure, frustration, joy, tears, and ultimately, the wonder of looking at life through simpler eyes.

The Cliffhanger-To Brock's Happini, the cliffhanger adventures she and masters watch every week are more than just a movie--they're like real events!

Future Stories: I'm hoping to continue my Final Fantasy series and write a fantasy one shot for Ledian's sci-fi/fantasy contest in the short term. In the long term, there's too many to list.

Writing Tips:

--Anything can be inspiration!
--To get feedback, sometimes you have to give feedback
--Don't let negative feedfack scare you away--use it to get better.
--Having another set of eyes really does help
--Have some music on while you're working--sometimes, you can get inspired that way.

Okay, I'll post mine as an example and you three might want to edit your posts.

Name: Poke Poke, Poke, P.P. or whatever you want to call me.

Types of writing: Frankly, I enjoy Fantasy and Sci-Fi. I like to attempt ideas that have never been done before. I also like to write Action. My weakest genre to write is probably Romance as I can't get across emotional feelings quite well. I like to write about the lesser explored parts of the pokemon universe that don't get that much attention in fan fiction.

Strong Points: My strong point is definitely plot. I inject a good dose of originality in my fic by taking a few used concepts, entwining them and bringing out something entirely knew.

Type Of Characters: I enjoy writing about mysterious characters with a lot of enigma. I also like writing about bizzare people who you are not likely to find in real life.

*​

Current Stories:

Name: Pokemon Infinity

Genre: Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Action / War

Summary: A boy travels on a journey in order to end the war between humans and pokemon that unexpectedly started a century ago but he ends up in something that was more than he had bargained for.

Rating: PG-13

*​

Future Stories:

Name: Turning Points

Genre: Action/Drama

Summary:
After his sister's awful death in the hands of a criminal agency, a stricken man joins government forces to bring down that very agency.

Rating: PG:15. Quite a lot of blood violence.

I am also working on an entry for the Sci-Fi contest as well as a separate one-shot.

Writing Tips: Nothing so far. But I'll update it soon enough.

Last edited:

buneary dude

Name- Buneary dude, BD, Brad.

Age- 14.

Gender- Male.

Types Of Writing- Fantasy, Comedy, Adventure.

Strong Areas- I'm not that good at description, so I guess mainly plot.

Type Of Characters- Just average people who starting a normal Pokémon journey.

Current Stories- Pokémon: While I'm in Sinnoh. My main and only fanfiction. Still writing for more than a year. :D

Future Stories- A sequel to Pokémon: While I'm in Sinnoh.

Writing Tips- If you are going to start a fanfic, stay with it and don't desert like most fanfics have been. Don't trash your idea.

Last edited:

Azurne

~ ♥ ~
Aww, I found my old account in that thread. Wonder what happened to it though, because it can't find my post count, signature, or anything. It just says I was a guest, lol. Must have gotten pruned somehow..

Name: . IC Ghost ., although I also answer to Blue Moon Wolf, solzen blue, Sempris (my old account name), and Azurne.

Age: Eighteen! 8D Although my friends seem to think four for some unpalatable reason...

Types Of Writing: I love horror to itty bitty pieces, angst, fantasy, some Sci-fi, and Action/Adventure.

Strong Areas:
Character, plot.

Type Of Characters: The disturbed ones, or the thoughtful.

Current Stories: The Golden Dusk, and Silver Dawn

Genre: OT/Journey/Angst/Drama

Summary
: She started just like any other trainer, but fell into the wrong crowd. Now, Pokemon-less and bitter, she's left to repent for all the atrocious things she's done. Together, She and a young boy will travel all of Johto to find stolen Pokemon of New Bark's lab, and in the process... unearth a plot. With the world turned against her, the elite four in a state of chaos, and Team Rocket silently moving, this may prove to be her most difficult journey yet.

Rating:
PG-13​

Future Stories:
-is top secret. if you read this, I shall have to gouge your eyeballs out. D:

Kidding. :p

Gathering the Abyss, and Spikes and Needles.

Writing Tips:
There are many ways to describe a ball. A good writer will find a way to describe it like no other can.

Second, don't overuse adjectives. if you see a re-occuring word, that's a bad thing.

Third, watch the purple prose. Some authors love it dearly, and pride themselves on being capable of tossing as many big words and adjectives in a sentences as they can, and enlightening the reader on how god damned nice that chandelier looks when the sunlight hits it. I, for one, don't like wasting my time. I didn't click your link because I wanted to see you flaunt your stuff. I came to read a story. :p

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Name: Griff4815 (sometimes called "Griffy")

Types Of Writing: Adventure, Action, Drama, sometimes suspense. With Comic relief.

Strong Areas: Characters, Character developement, some plot devices (but not 'plot' perse'), action scenes and in some cases, description of emotions.

Type Of Characters: Mostly all of my protagonists are incredibly stubborn. I like writing about characters with a high sense of morals or justice. Really, my characters are all over the spectrum and I prefer it that way. It's also really fun writing characters with verbal tics or accents. They go from the determined, battle-loving badass who strives to better himself, to the sarcastic jokester, to the reluctant leader, to the steriotypical Australian dragon.

Current Stories: This starts out as a Journey fic. I'm still writing it.

Genre: OT/Journey/Drama/Adventure (with comic relief)

Summary: A teen chooses an independant, stubborn Treecko as a partner as he sets out on his journey in Hoenn. He soon finds that he has bitten off more than he can chew. Will he be able to swallow this metaphorical food or choke to death in the process?

Rating: PG-15 (it can vary from chapter to chapter) for language, violence, some mature themes and some graphic imagery.

Tragedy Contest One-Shot.
Victory or Death

Genre: Tragedy/Drama/War

Summary: A pacifistic Beedrill must fight for his hive against their supposed enemies. Retreat is not an option.

Rating: PG-15 for language, violence and graphic imagery.

Future Stories: I have three in-progress stories that I am writing and it is unknown if I'll post them. I want to do a PMD story at some point.

Writing Tips: Don't worry about cliches. Trying to be uncliche is becoming a cliche, itself.

And everything Bladed Scizor mentioned.

Last edited:

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
UPDATE: December 28, 2008

Name: Bay

Age (optional): 20

Gender (optional): Female

Types Of Writing:My favorite genres to write are comedy, parables, and mystery. Parables as I love to make my readers think, comedies so they can laugh, and mystery to make them guess for more.

Strong Areas: I’m best with characters as I have a good idea on their personality and also how to develop them. Also, I can be good with emotions, get an idea when it’s appropriate for them to feel that way and such.

Weak Areas: Pacing. I tend to put in either too much or too little in a chapter and also I tend to have the plot go a bit too fast and not slow it down. Hence, why my stories tend to be short. XD

Type Of Characters: I love writing all types of characters, from comedic sidekicks to obsessed ones. My favorite characters though were Damus (Heart of the Sea), Bunny, and Jacob (both from “Nothing, Everything”). Damus I loved how he developed from someone not care too much if he caught a lot of fish to suddenly getting a big one and having his pride take over him. Bunny because she’s so obsessed with history and artifacts and also she would be someone you don’t see often on the streets. Jacob because he’s a really jolly guy but at the same time cares about his repetition a lot.

Current Stories:

CHAPTERED FICS

How far would you go for pride?
My very first Pokemon fanfiction story here at Serebii that I wrote in February of 2006. Got inspired by Ernest Hemingway story's "Old Man and the Sea" (great book) XD. My readers quite enjoyed it. ^^
Parable/ Drama (Hoenn)
Completed

No one said making movies would be easy. Pidge and Mell would have to learn that the hard way from two other Pokemon.
My entry for the Laughingstock Comedy One Shot Contest, which got fifith place. Posted it in three parts because the story's a little long (thirty pages) XD. Really loved the characters I had in there.
Comedy/Pokemon POV
Completed (A three part one shot, technically)

In the sequel to “Take Fifty Five,” Pidge and Mell have some competition. Not only that, two enemies came back, this time with a new friend.
Sequel to "Take Fifty Five." Got the idea for it after some D/P news came out. XD
Comedy/Drama/Pokemon POV
Completed

History is breaking apart, so how much will it be worth? Three people would soon find out that answer on a journey that would teach them a thing or two about history.
This story actually got started in August of 2006 and I was already writing twelve chapters, but then I had writers block and quit the story. However, I got inspired again and I made quite a lot of drastic changes, including the plot and characters (the original NE is totally different than the one posted here).
Mystery / Suspense (Sinnoh)
In Progress

Destiny’s Tricks
Having a little fun with Destiny.
Got insipred writing that story one day after seeing some parody fics and also when there were a few debated topics in the fanfic section, thus this story was born. XD
Parody / Comedy (Sinnoh)
In Progress /Probably quiting it soon...?

ONE SHOTS
Rid of the Scarlet Letter
Something suddenly made Jessie snapped, thus causing her to do something she wouldn’t dream of—all for freedom.
Got inspired by one of my friend's one shot, actually. XD Also I remembered having one of the scenes being replayed in my head while at work. XD
Suspense/Drama

The fine line between loyalty and betrayal. What would you do if someone broke the most important rule of the pack?
This stoy was for the July prompt, "Freedom" at PokeCommunity Forums.
Pokemon POV / Tragedy (Johto)

She Just Smiles
There was a time when Cyrus had emotions...he just didn't know how to handle them.
One Shot for the Dungeons and Starships contest, won fifth place. Felt weird writing about Cyrus...XD;
Science Fiction (Sinnoh)

Future Stories:
Chosen Burdens (One Shot)
The boy’s black hair was covered in a white and green bandana. His brown eyes were wide, but no glitter or movement. There was a bullet hole on his head.

Writing Tips (Optional): Have fun. True, it’s cool to have reviews full of gushing praise and lots of them too, but the most rewarding thing is if you enjoyed your story that you had fun with it that how many replies you had on you story won’t matter in the end. Also, if you end up with criticism, keep an open mind on it. There’s many kinds of criticism, so it’s up to you to decide if that criticism is helpful or just plain harsh. However, most of the time criticism can help you improve.

("Heart of the Sea" banner by Saffire Persian. "Nothing, Everything" banner by Glajummy. Rest of the bannes made by me.)

Last edited:

Ventus3

Waiting for summer
Bunny! xDD

Name: Username; Ventus3 Nickname one; V3 Nickname two: Kazesan-kun, or just Ze-chan *turns into cat*

Age (optional): 13 (Has now turned 13 people!!!)

Gender (optional): It's an open ended question surprisingly enough xD

Types Of Writing: Poems, crossovers, pretty much anything to do with fantasy.

Strong Areas: Not sure . . .?

Type Of Characters: Let's just say it's fun to write Characters like Konata Izumi from Lucky Star.

Current Stories:

Pokemon Star: Crossover/Fantasy
Oh great, looks like Palkia screwed something up again, and now Pokemon have arrived in Konata, Miyuki, Tsukasa, and Kagami's world. What will they do? Well, you find out for yourself in Pokemon Star! *Jazz hands*
(In Progress, Chapter three to be released sometime in the next three days xD)
Link: http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=8479464#post8479464
(Chapter three has been post-poned due to many circumstances involving my grades [they're good, I just want to keep them that way >_>])

Showcase Poem:

Togepi: The Storm: Poem (Free Verse)
A medium length free verse poem of how a storm blew a young Togepi of the forest into the city.
(Completed, but I forget to tell a mod to move it because I'm just too plain lazy like that *facepalm*)
http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=331785

Future Stories:
Motteke! Fantajii Sensu! (Kick it! Fantasy Style!)
(Fantasy/Comedy)
Basically a what if story for if Konata and company were actually magical warriors in training.
(Writing first chapter xD)

Writing Tips (Optional): I'm still a bit new so yeah . . . . don't really know what to say here *awkward hehehe*. But I will say one thing, make sure to not force yourself to describe, it completely ruins things if description feels forced to the point of the story not being able to flow.

Last edited:

BladedScizor

Name: BladedScizor, Bladed, and feel free to call me BS if you want. :p

Age (optional): 22

Gender (optional): Male

Types Of Writing: So far, my Pokemon fanfic experience consists of OT, Journey, and Action.

Strong Areas: I have consistently been complimented on my description and character development, so I'll go with that.

Type Of Characters: I've got a pretty good assortment of character types by this point, and I have even more to come, but I've recently grown fond of writing the 'grunt-type' villains. It's kinda fun writing up minor villainous characters with redeeming traits that could make them almost seem like good guys.

Current Stories:
Mastering a New Start
OT/Journey/Action
After being unexpectedly transported to the Pokemon World by an unknown force, Mark Rowley must now try to find a place in his new surroundings while trying to find his way back home.
In Progress

Rising Mettle: An Elite Clash!

OT/Action
Bartholomew Metlen is a trainer whose fascination with Steel-type Pokemon has lead him on a unique journey that has led up to a chance to become a Gym Leader.
One-Shot

Future Stories: Nothing set, though I'll probably come up with some more one-shots involving MaNS side characters down the road.

Writing Tips (Optional):
- Respect reviewers. Every fic, no matter how good it may seem, is capable of being improved; don't follow every bit of their advice without question, but at least consider what they say. This goes especially for readers; if your favorite fic gets a negative review, it is not your place to bash the reviewer for it.

- Learn from everything. If you're reading someone else's fic, look at how they do things, and see if you can use that example to improve your own fic(without actually copying it, of course). Don't skip over the reviews, either; read the advice, and see if it can also be applied to your own work.

- Remember that this is only a hobby. The likelihood that a Pokemon fanfic will actually be published is pretty low, so the satisfaction of getting your writing out there for others to see is the most payment your going to get out of this. That said, don't take negative reviews too seriously, and don't push yourself to write something that you don't want to write.

- All your base are belong to me. ...Um, I have no idea how that got in there, honest.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, I guess I might as well.

Name: PokemonHero, PH, Hero, Chris

Types Of Writing: Adventure, OT, Mystery Dungeon...basically I write many different genres

Strong Areas: Plot is probably my strongest point, as well as fighting scenes. I'm weakest in description and grammar.

Type Of Characters: Mysterious antagonist is probably one of my favorite. Especially the evil ones.

Current Stories:

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story. Follow Zach, a human who finds himself turned into a Chimchar, as he and his new friends Eevee and Bulbasaur have to protect their world from eternal darkness.

Book 1 of 3. Kesshi Saito discovers that he can control aura. Now he must learn to use his powers and save the world from foes who wish to destroy aura altogether.

Amber was just an average teenage girl. That was until a sick experiment turned her into an Eevee. Can she discover a way to become human again? PH's first romance story.

Future Stories: I would like to do another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fic, but I don't know if it'll be a sequel of The Twilight Chronicles or a new story. Also, this spring I am planning on releasing a new Pokemon fic based off Disney's classic movie, The Lion King, entitled The Pride.

Writing Tips: Don't be afraid to try different things. Sometimes it's the thing that you do not think will work that turns out great.
Another tip would be to try and imagine your story like a movie. By doing so, it may help you get a better idea of the feelings of the scene.

Last edited:

Sinoda

Deliciously Absurd
Consider this my “coming out” as a writer... and Serebii.net member.

» Name: Sinoda

» Age: 18

» Gender: Male

» Favored Genres: I tend to stick with the “Journey/OT” genre; by extension, I suppose that includes Fantasy, Action, Adventure, and two tiny doses of Mystery and Comedy.

» Strong Points: Not sure, actually. I like to think that I'm good at thinking up interesting plots and characters, but I don't have anything to prove that claim just yet. I'm aiming to change that soon, though.

» Current Works: None

» Future Works:

Pokémon: Trail of Fire ~ An aspiring Pokémon Trainer begins the journey that will lead him to the renowned Laeroh League. His odyssey is made more difficult, however, by an enigmatic man who believes him to be the key to “ending the Trail of Fire”. The chase begins... but where will it lead?

Pokémon: Trail of Fire is an “OT/Journey” fanfic and is rated PG-13. It is coming soon.

» Writing Advice: Enjoy what you do, don't abandon your work, and never be afraid to ask for help.

Last edited:

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Hehe, shall give it a shot.

Name: Blue_Mew22, BM, BM22, Snickers; preferably BM. xD

Types of Writing: Mostly journey, I guess. I try to mix it up and add something else like a prophecy or a feud. I haven't written anything besides a journey fic, so I'm trying to experiment a little.

Strong Areas: Oh, definitely characters now. It's so easy for me to take someone I know in real life, exaggerate them a little bit and put them in a story. So much fun, too. =D

Types of Characters: In a story, I hope to balance the characters' personalities. It's no fun if there are two or more people the same in a fic. I have no preference when it comes to the character's personality either. I just...write about them. It's hard to explain.

Current Stories: None. I have written three before, but I gave up on them. I feel terrible. :(

Future Stories: Wally, title pending. Have you ever wondered what happened to Wally after you helped him catch his Ralts? Or after he ran away from his uncle's home? No? Well, I have and I am going to write about it. :D

Writing Tips: Take your writing one step at a time. I've had problems with rushing and the story sounds like crap if it's too fast. Ease into the ideas and take your time. It's better to be long and drawn out than rushed and choppy.

Another thing is to never give up. That's really contradicting myself, giving up on three whole fics, but I say it anyway because it's important. So do as I say, not as I do. xD

Last edited:

duncan

Name: duncan, Duncan McNeil

Types Of Writing: I mainly write dark fics, with lots of action and adventure.

Strong Areas: Certainly plot. I really enjoy spinning elaborate plot to keep my readers guessing. Character interaction is also decent, I'd say. Description has always been something I've worked on (and I've used every trick I know of to hide it), but I am getting better.

Type Of Characters: All kinds, really. If I have a favorite, however, it would be the mysterious type.

Current Stories: I've written many fics, so I'll just talk about my current one.

When the Eternal Night descends upon the world, very little remains. Immediately Duncan is thrust into the heart of the conflict, surrounded by a web of lies and deceit.

Future Stories: As if. A one-shot for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy contest and a possible new project.

Last edited:

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Name: Divinity_123, Divy, Divvy, _123 lawl

Types of Writing: Parody, Comedy, Adventure, Tragedy, Drama...

Strengths: Uh, if I had really had to choose, I'd have to say the plot and plot devices. I always try to make them interesting...I guess xD

Types of Characters: Although I'm not incredibly far into my main project, Shattered Pieces, I have already planned out an arsenal of diverse characters with different backgrounds and personalities. Personally, I like to write about happy-go-lucky characters or character who don't necessarily share my beliefs and personalities. A prime example of this is SP's protagonist, Taylor, who is the complete exact opposite of me. ;]

Current Stories:

Shattered Pieces
When Taylor's best friend gets killed in an "accident", he becomes determined to find a way to "bring" her back to life. Little does he know that he's in the middle between a developing struggle between two ancient deities.
Action/Adventure/Tragedy/Drama

Breaking the Fourth Wall
What happens when you separate an _123 from a Divinity? Can you spell CHICKEN FRIED RICE?
Slapstick Comedy/Parody

Future Stories:
Breaking the Fourth Wall 2
Something's going down in Hoenn....something mysterious, nerve-racking, wrist-cutting, head-desking, face-palming, eye-bulging and tongue-twisting. Something's going down, and only Divinity and _123 can solve what's going down in Hoenn...if anything in fact IS going down...in Hoenn...going down...*shot*

Writing Tips: Take criticism to heart, no matter how confidence-shattering it may be. Positive comments are great, but you've got to take the good with the bad to become the best better writer you can be.

Finally, never forget to write for yourself and have fun.

Last edited:

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Name: Travis AKA Legend of Lucario

Types of Writing: Journey, Action, Adventure, a little bit of shipping, and horror

Current Works: None at the moment. I am starting something up that is different then what I normally do

Strong Points: I guess grammar. I am getting better with description and those things!

Future Fics: Pokemon Stories! That is what is different. Stories in a Pokemon perspective!

Advice For Aspiring Authors: Don't give up, proof read, when in doubt read the rules and Advice for Aspiring Authors. Description is key in any story and DO NOT tell, SHOW!

Last edited:

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
Name: Ysavvryl. If you're not fond of Lovecraftian names, Ysa will do.

Age (optional): you shouldn't ask a lady her age!

Gender (optional): female

Types Of Writing: 90% fantasy, 10% sci-fi

Strong Areas: Apparently I'm good at manipulating reader emotions.

Weak Areas: Anything to do with coding (Italics, bold, links).

Type Of Characters: My favorites are characters that appear simple, but are in truth complex. Still waters run deep.

Current Stories:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=337927
Pokedex One-Shots- Ever wonder why a Spoink carries a pearl on its head? Or what Spiritomb did to get sealed away for 500 years? Or what is the plural of Skitty: Skitty or Skitties? Read this thread and you might find out.
Short story collection.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=349074
Pokemon Mage Ruby- The Ruby/Sapphire games rewritten as a pure fantasy. Involves elves, devils, magic battles, dreams, nightmares, overcoming handicaps, ghosts, and a belching Cradily.
Journey fic/Fantasy

The Ballad of Deoxys and Mewtwo: Two young legendaries on a quest to take over the world, done in the style of Warner Bros. cartoons. I really want Anvil Drop to be a useable move on Mewtwo... or Metagross.
Comedy(mostly)

Future Stories: Fiddling around with these ideas: a sequel to Ruby based on Pearl, a dreamscape PMD fic if I can get a game to fiddle with, a Pokemon fic about the 'mundane' life.

Writing Tips (Optional): Whenever writing dialogue, say everything out loud. If it feels awkward when you say it, it needs to be rewritten.

And if you don't feel for your characters, neither will your readers.

Last edited:

Gardevoir Girl

is NOT a girl
Name: Gardevoir Girl, GG, Golden Riolu, Frosted Flame, FF, Ari; pick one.

Types Of Writing: Tragedy, romance, drama, adventure, or some weird mix of all of them with a bit of humour added and maybe a spattering of every other genre as well.

Strong Areas: I seem to be better with emotion, or at least I used to be. Now my ability to describe seems to be getting better as my use of emotion gets weaker.

Type Of Characters: All of my characters have a little of me in them, although it's often hard to see. It's not so much that they're self-inserts (at least, I hope not). I might give them my clumsiness, my protectiveness, my hopeless devotion to anyone I might love, or something as simple as my hair colour.

Current Stories:
Visions Of Fate - One girl, starting her Pokemon journey... with a rather uncooperative partner. One boy, on the run from his past, trying to survive purely in the present. Two destinies, entwined inseperably, each soul unaware that the fates are guiding them closer to their true path.

Future Stories:
- A mystery dungeon fic, possibly working with someone else; if either of us ever get around to finishing the planning.
- A rewrite of my first non-closed chaptered fic, 'Reawakened'.
- A rewrite of the sequel to 'Reawakened', 'Return To Destiny' (title subject to change into something that doesn't stink).
- A hybrids fic? Uh, it's a possibility, but not a very likely one after my first three ended up complete failures.

Writing Tips: Um, I guess just write to your strengths. If you can't tell jokes, don't write a comedy fic. If everything's a joke to you, a drama/tragedy probably isn't best. Try a few experiments to find out what you prefer to write and what you think you're best at, then stick to those at first. Then you can start to expand into other genres when you think you're ready. Just remember, you won't always succeed. I've had two fics closed because of how much they sucked. Everyone fails sometimes, so when you post your first fic, don't expect to become the most popular on the forum immediately. If you're humble and take advice, you can get a long way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.