• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Authors' Profiles V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayindree

Deviously deviant
Name: Hi all~! I usually get called either Chibi or Envy.

Types Of Writing: Hm, it would have to be action/comedy with hints of romance in some of them.

Strong Areas: I'm good at writing in general, but I guess I'm very good at character development and planning the story out. I'm also pretty good at plots.

Type Of Characters: I like either the goofy or moody characters~ I mainly like anime/manga characters though, and that's the only thing I write.

Current Stories: Let's see... There's Taste of Destiny, 13th Avenue, Green with Lust, Brother, Rainy Nights and Unexpected Mischief.

Taste of Destiny is a PG13+ Yaoi Kingdom Hearts fanfic. {Finished}
Mix of comedy and a hint of romance.

13th Avenue is a M16+ Yaoi Kingdom Hearts AU fanfic. {Finished}
Total comedy.

Green with Lust is a PG13+ Yaoi Fullmetal Alchemist fanfic. {Work in progress}
Action with hints of comedy and of course, some romance.

Brother is a PG13+ Matantei Loki Ragnarok One-shot. {Finished}
Mix of romance and comedy. Mainly comedy.

Rainy Nights is a PG13+ Yaoi Kingdom Hearts One-shot. {Finished}
Mix of romance and sorrow.

Unexpected Mischief is a PG13+ Yaoi Matantei Loki Ragnarok fanfic. {Work in progress}
Mix of comedy with some romance and action coming up soon.

Future Stories: Hm, none yet really. I already have two fanfics to finish...

Writing Tips: Just go with what feels right. Don't be afraid to try new things, don't be afraid to edit over and over and over and last but not least, practice makes perfect. Start out with simple one-shots and then work your way up.

Last edited:

Morgie04086

temperamental artist
Ah! This is great. I'm glad I looked here.

Name: Morgan. Sometimes Morgie. Occasionally Nagrom.

Types Of Writing: adventure, sci-fi/fantasy

Strong Areas: I'm sort of a newbie writer. I try my best to be well-rounded at all the things that make writing good. Like characters, the plot, and descrption. I try to learn from my mistakes and improve my skills as an author. Some day I'm going to write a book so writing fics is good practice.

Type Of Characters: I like writing about people who start out life as just a normal person but soon become the lead protagonist and hero.

Current Stories: The fic I'm currently working on now is about a girl named Rihana and a Growlithe she finds. This story takes place a hundred or so years into the future and the era of trainers has long since passed. Read "Ho-oh's fire" to find out what happens. (there's a banner in my signature)

Future Stories: I might write a sequel to Ho-oh's fire but at the moment I'm not really thinking about the future much.

Writing Tips: Even if you are getting a lack of reviews (like I am as I write this) DO NOT give up. Keep writing and someone will eventually catch on. If you really can't handle having no one appreciate or critique your work then look around the author's cafe for reviewers who are willing to help.

VoltTacklingPika

Wow, great idea!

Name: My username is usually VoltTacklingPika, or simply VTP if you can't be bothered to say/write the whole thing.

Types of Writing: I've always written Action/Adventure stories since it's the genre that appeals to me the most. I can write Drama, Mystery and little bit of humour. I've never tried romance, but I do intend to at some point.

Strong Areas: I'm good at plot development, character development and battle/action scenes.

Type of Characters: Serious characters, either dark or light. Generally 'emo' characters and characters with mysterious pasts. I can also write about average characters and comic-relief, though the latter could use a bit more work.

Current Stories: The Retold Tale of Advance Generation is my only fic at the moment. As the title says, it's basically the Advance Generation saga of the Pokemon Anime retold in my own words with changes and twists.

Future Stories: Right now, The Retold Tale of Advance Generation ins my one focus but I do plan on sequels (The Retold Tale of the Battle Frontier and The Retold Tale of Sinnoh). I haven't past that, though.

Writing Tips: I have a few...
-- Listen to music while you write. The lyrics in a song can inspire you.

-- Even if you don't get many reviews, keep on writing. More often than not, people don't review because they're just too lazy. It's the hits that count. A hundred may read every chapter in your story but only five of them may leave reviews.

-- Remain consistent and stick to your plans. Unless the change is really necessary, do not change your fic just because someone 'suggested' it could be better otherwise. The reader is not always right. It's your story, remember that.

-- Try to avoid Clitche's. Try some unique and/or different, something that hasn't been done before.

-- Plan out everything so you don't forget anything. You don't want plot holes in your story.

-- Always, always, always proof read your work. Bad spelling and grammer can put people off of a story. The plot and content could be brilliant but someone won't read it if they can't understand it.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Name: Hello, I'm ~Mist~ but my friends call me Kris. ;3

Types of Writing: My specialty is Romance; it's the one genre I enjoy writing the most as well as one of my favorite concepts of people. Every single one of my stories contain love. Secondly, I like writing Comedy; it's light-hearted and can always cheer people up from what others tell me. Lastly, I love a great Adventure along with bits of Historical kind of stories.

Strong Areas: I've always been told that my description is my best weapon of all when it comes to writing. Reviewers enjoy my style of writing and like how I can provide full imagery. Others have said that they adore the amount of depth I place into the characters of every story. I truly love to explore characters and make them come to life. Everyone also enjoys my sense of humor and the feeling of adventure. I like to take up a challenge. :3 Others have enjoyed how I develop the plot, too. Character interaction is also another aspect I specialize in. I feel the language of each character is important to me and definitely impacts the story. Lastly, I like to include various forms of literary elements into my writing.

Type of Characters: A mix of seriousness and light-hearted sort of characters; it varies on each. I love to point out the point of view of every character whether it's a minor character or the protagonist themselves. Most of my characters are positive but have their dark moments. I like to work with different kinds of characters as well, doing my best to bring them all to life. I have won awards, too. =)

Current Stories: I'll make a list explaining each one.

Christmas Misunderstanding
summary One night filled with misunderstandings.
notes This one is basically a Christmas one-shot that shines on the characters of Ash and Misty. It's a fun filled romantic piece with comedy. Reviewers have told me that everyone gets into the Christmas mood when it comes to this one. Christmas Misunderstanding has won Best Pokeshipping One-Shot in the Shipping Oscars 2007/2008.

Unbreakable
summary Two adults are conflicted whether to proceed to the next step while taking their relationship into consideration.
notes I find this one-shot to be my favorite of them all so far. I must warn that this one is NC-17 rated (but approved by the Shipping Mods), so I do not recommend anyone who is uncomfortable with the concept of love and passion to read it. Reviewers have loved this story; every review was positive to different sort of readers so I'm very happy with that. Like the last one-shot, this one is also Pokeshipping. Unbreakable has won Best Love/Sex in the Shipping Oscars 2007/2008. If you're into romance, then this one is highly suggested by others to read.

Siempre Estoy Aqui
summary In the far away region, a spark emerges once more for two trainers.
notes Now, this one is a Multi-chaptered Pokeshipping story. Reviewers have enjoyed this story so far since all the characters are in character (if that makes any sense). SEA is still only on the second chapter, so I have a lot of work to do for this one. Siempre Estoy Aqui has so far won The Fic That Got You Constantly Going "Awww" in the Shipping Oscars. Be on the lookout for this one; updates will be coming later in the year with another chapter. This story is mostly Romance, Adventure, and Comedy.

Acceptance
summary One becomes upset at the other, thus leading the other to discover why.
notes This short one-shot is basically a recent creative assignment for one of my classes and decided to share this one on the forum. Now, unlike all the other stories I have written, this one is the shortest of all; if you like to have a quick read, this one is your match. Regardless that this one is Romance, it heavily relies on the realistic Pokeshipping everyone knows, so don't expect fluff to be in this one.

The Serebithian Crusade
summary One shipper was living in the present until discovering a mysterious book that suddenly transported her to the times of the Crusades; she realized that all the shipping wars that happened online have come to life in this once in a lifetime journey.
notes This story is the most challenging story written yet. Cap D. Blue and I worked on this one together. Now, why is this one such a challenge to write? Well, this story is based on the Crusades as well as the Shippers Community on the forum. Meaning, yes, we use the actual members for this story (with their permission of course). This one lives on Adventure mostly with the showing of Romance, Drama, and Comedy as well as the concept of ship wars. Only the first chapter has been written so far, but it has proven to be a very fun story to write.

Future Stories: Perhaps some holiday themed one-shots shall come into the future. Otherwise, I do not have any other stories since I have two that I am working on.

Writing Tips: I have six rules when it comes to writing.

o1. Do not rush yourself. Relax, take your time. A great story becomes better when the author takes more time with it. You don't need to rush yourself just so your story will be active. I have taken months to update but my reviewers are very patient and don't mind that I take my time. You'll end up getting more positive reviews when you take a lot of time concentrating on them, trust me.

o2. Write about what you want. Don't always write what everybody else wants; at some point, you're going to end up being unhappy with the result. Write what you love to write. You are the author so the story is based on the concept of your imagination.

o3. Listen to constructive reviews! These kind of reviews are the most helpful kinds of all. Instead of being offended, embrace them. Not a lot of people focus on telling you about how to improve, so appreciate the reviews you get.

o4. Read over your story right after you write it. Proofread; it helps! If you cannot find any mistakes, then ask someone who knows grammar who can help you. When this is not done, it reflects laziness upon the writer and results in negative reviews than positive.

o5. When it comes to writing a story, this is what I do. I like to ask myself questions so that the reviewer will not be confused and neither with you. Ask yourself about the characters, the title, the location, the possible plot, theme, point of view, genre, etc.; these are called literary elements. Use them. You have no idea how many stories I see that lack them. I've seen a lot of people struggle with characters, so read the next part. Be sure to answer the following when it comes to characters:
- Who are the characters?
- What is the purpose?
- Where are they?
- When are they there?
- How are they there?

o6. Use your imagination; make everything in your story come to life! Do what you specialize in. Don't be lazy. If you're lazy to even use the correct grammar when it comes to writing, then I wouldn't recommend writing. Remember to have fun with it! ;3

I hope all of that can be helpful to any writer. =)

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
Name: NaThz, NathziVOIR, or nathziie

Age (optional): 13

Gender (optional): I'm usally a female but sometimes I feel I'm a male

Types Of Writing:
Romance, Comedy, Adventure

Strong Areas:
I think I don't describe too well, I'm not too sure in character development, and maybe I'm strong in plot creativity.

Type Of Characters:
Well, it depends on the fic I wanna write and my mood then o_O

Current Stories:
When You're Gone
Genre: Romance, Comedy
I took this fic from the song by Avril Lavigne. This is a quite funny one. =)
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=354919

May and Drew: Mom & Dad's Trouble!
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Adventure
May and friends were trapped in other world, including Drew. But the worst one, Drew became her husband! How will things turn out?
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=356018

Hearts To Count
Genre: Romance, Adventure
This is a requested fic, about May and Drew's adventure in Johto (contestshippy)
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=354570

Just Contest Partner Or...?
Genre: Romance
Entering a Tag Contest, May was planning to enter it with Shane, her new friend. But, the partner will be chosen randomly! Who will be her partner?
http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=354742

Future Stories:
Aroma Of La Rousse
Genre: Adventure, Romance
Another contestshippiy fic. =) I've been working for this fic but I won't post it until my 2nd fic finished. The sure thing is: I will definitely post it before November

comes

the second one, I already had an Idea about schools fic and maybe I'll write it after I post Aroma of LaRousse.

Writing Tips (Optional):
Be Expressive
Don't be afraid to show your feeling and emotions when you're writing, because it can make your fic much better

Bring small notes everywhere
I always do this, because if an idea just flashed, we can easily write it. REMEMBER Idea is priceless! ^^

Don't mind reviews or views' amount
Don't lose hopes because of small amount of your fic. Just continue it! Don't worry be happy~^^

Try something different
They can't kill us, can they? Maybe we can expand our ideas from trying something new. Don't just write the fic with the same plot

Ask the others
If you're confused about the title of your fic, or maybe the ending, you just can ask the others (of course you must ask your more experienced friend)​

Kiyohime

Name: Scrap or Kiyohime

Types of Writing: Started out as a horror one-shot writer. Now, I guess it's more of a creepy vibe than outright horror. :p Mostly action and adventure.

Strong Areas:Setting, mood, and big explosions.

Type of Characters: The kind that makes the world burn just to watch it burn. For the rest, they sort of run around trying to stop it and be the good guys.

Current Stories: A E Ø N: End (completed)
"A long time ago, Mew was nailed to a cross. The price of her blood was thirty silver coins."

Dawn of a New Legacy

For the rest, there are too many one-shots to list here. Just use Search for threads created by me in the Fanfiction section.

Writing Tips: Avoid adverbs. Elaborate vocabulary and excessive describing is not needed. Just get to the point as quickly as you can, unless you want to build up some drama in the description. Stilted, cliched dialogue is bad.

Last edited:

Putty

hatin'
Name: putty

Types Of Writing: miserable, bukowskiesque poems

Strong Areas: n/a

Type Of Characters: myself. whatever's going on in my life. usually ****

Current Stories: an ongoing theme of isolation

Future Stories: idk

Writing Tips: don't stick to the conventions

Haruka of Hoenn

*Spamalicious*
Name: Haruka of Hoenn
Types Of Writing: Basically anything but romance and science fiction. I suck at those!
Strong Areas: Definitely plot! I love thinking up ways to twist events around, and use characters in different ways. I usually go for longer stories.
Type Of Characters: I'm best at writing about down-to-earth characters, nothing too wild or crazy. (That doesn't mean I won't try it someday ;))
Current Stories: The only one I'm writing on this forum so far is Deeds of Darkness. I'm veeeery slow on the updates, though.
Future Stories: None so far! I like to focus on my stories one at a time...
Writing Tips: Take a mental inventory of the interesting things in your life (names, events, etc.) edit them a little, and find a way to add them to your story :]

Last edited:

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Hello, folks. I be Iota, better known as Dan. I'm a 19-year-old male.

Types Of Writing: I'm very partial to journey-fics, or OT's. I once wrote a series of battles, in style of a tournament, but that took me aback slightly. I still have it around somewhere.

Strong Areas: I've been told by most of my reviewers that I'm very good at making my characters actions realistic. I do see that myself, and I try to make it as realistic to our own lives as the Pokémon World could possible be.

Weak Areas: I thought I'd add this in, since while we won't want to admit it, we all have our own faults and admitting them is the best thing to do. I sometimes get too engrossed in the action to include description and have to add it later, so it become slightly out of place. I also sometimes forget to develop my characters properly, which I am better at now. My Pokémon tend to lack interesting personalities, but again I'm getting better at that.

Type Of Characters: I prefer to write about young beginning trainers who learn the tricks of the trade, as it were.

Current Stories:
TotallySinnoh-Banner.png

Totally Sinnoh is a story I've been working on for some time now. I've had to cut my ideas down slightly and start again from scratch, since I was getting to Chapter 150 planned out and therefore the story became stale.
It's potentially a good work of fanfiction. It follows Cadence, Franklin and Joshua as they travel throughout Sinnoh to collect Badges, Ribbons, and Berries, although later one develops an interest for breeding. It's actually fun to read.

Future Stories: I'm honestly too busy with Totally Sinnoh, Pokémon: Redux, Embarking On An Adventure, and New Frontier to be able to start something new.

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't overwork yourself. Your work will look rushed and sloppy. Always take time to describe things and develop characters during your story rather than afterwards, otherwise it seems forced and unrealistic.

Jean de Kotennoh.

Toujours en écrivant
Jean de Kotennoh

Name:
Jean. Comes from my actual name, which is of French origins. Therefore not pronounced as in English; I'll find a guide later.

Nineteen, as of the Nineteenth of September.

Types Of Writing:
First off, all my fics make Pokémon the main characters, rather than humans. That said, I tend to lean towards an Adventure style, always with a massive goal that may or may not be directly revealed at any point in the story itself.

Strong Areas:
My biggest strength has to be description, though right behind it would be plot. I'll let readers decide once I have enough of anything up to actually display my plotting abilities. For now, I can say description with verve.

Type Of Characters:
I have two main types of characters that I do fairly well. First and foremost is kind of a slap-stick, comic-relief deal, which readers will see in my character Noctali, and my global personification of Mew. My other type is a sort of latch-key bully who... well... I don't want to reveal too much about it, because it is embodied by my character Mentali...

Current Stories:

Trek of the Twins: Johto Awaits
So, the worst title I've ever come up with. xP I began this story back in January of this year, and was forced to let it lie idle when my life just got a little too chaotic. Case in point, I'm starting it back up in the next week with a Chapter 4 update. I don't believe in over-pitching something... so here's hoping the next couple lines will grab your attention. It's about the journeys of two twins - an Espeon and a shiny Umbreon - through a world that has suddenly been turned upside down (this first part is obviously the Johto segment). They will be forced to live out the Legends of the Ancients as the sub-world of all Pokémon teeters on the brink of all-out war.

Future Stories:

The River of Time
This to-be one-shot was originally intended to be posted within a Fanfiction Contest that I had planned to enter. Unfortunately, my life exploded kinda right before I could finish it. That said, I'm going to finish it in the next couple days and post it up. It's too short for me to reveal anything without revealing too much, so all I'll say is... it's a tragedy. Epic TT_TT and such.

Writing Tips (Optional):

Coming soon.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Name: Chris
Type of Writing: Non pokemon scifi action, adventure, drama, superhero, romance etc.
Strong Areas:
Description, Character depth, action scenes.
Types of Characters:
What do you mean? I take on all types. The story does take place on Earth. So, I use characters of any personality.

Current story:

Title: Starbolts Chronicles
Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=171283
Info: When there's a threat that extends beyond the very limits of Earth itself, new heroes must be called upon. On their shoulders rests not only the fate of Earth, but Aquarius's as well. With a team that crosses worlds as well as races, the time has come to prove that when you stop looking at what's different, great things can happen. They are the future of Earth's heroes. They are the Starbolts!
Genre: Superhero/Scifi action adventure with comedy, romance, action, drama and intrigue.
Degree of Completion: In progress.
Type of Fic: Non Pokemon.
Region: Uhh...try all of Earth and other planets?

And the fic that started it all:

Title: Starbolts: New Beginnings
Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=175370
Info: Tragedy strikes the next generation of Earth's heroes as a new evil looms. How will they face the threat of both Terra Nova and alien forces at the same time? Find out in the tale that changed the Starbolts' lives forever. After this adventure, nothing was ever the same again.
Genre: Superhero/Scifi action adventure with comedy, romance, action, drama and intrigue.
Degree of Completion: Completed.
Type of fic: non Pokemon.
Region: *blows region up*

Future story:

That's classified information.

Writing tips: When writing, show AND tell.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Name:sweet_piplup123
Types of writing:Adventure and Mystery
Strong areas:My punctuation and maybe imagination, depends on what you think.
Types of Characters:pokemon (so far), Character's personality are imaginary or based on my real life.
Current story:pokemon Mystery Dungeon--Gemstone (in my sig)
Future story:Not so sure...
Writing tip:Watch out for grammars, don't start writing your story unless you have a good idea of what's going to happen.

DarkPersian479

Name: DarkPersian479, DP479, That Weirdo Who Writes About That Math Nerd

Gender: Classified Data, Level 5 Security Clearance Required

Types Of Writing: OT, Songfic One-shots, nonfiction reference/information

Strong Areas: Grammar, Dialogue

Type Of Characters: Genius girls obsessed with Quality Inns, math, and old 1980' automobiles; female trainers, mysterious and misguided antagonists

Current Stories: Lurking in the Shadows: My main chaptered OT journey fic, featuring a cast of mostly female protagonists, as well as real-world references and various themes not often found in the fandom, like mathematics. Scheduled to be completed 28 October 2008.

At the Beginning: A songfic spinoff of 'Lurking in the Shadows' set to the song of the same title from the 'Anastasia' soundtrack. A very touching piece, and IMO my best work.

The Po-Ke Cen-Ter: A silly little song parody of the Village People's 'YMCA.' "They're ready and waiting for you to enjoy. You can get to know a Nurse Joy..."

(Links to be added later, forum lag is NOT cooperating)

Future Stories: None planned for posting at this time. Perhaps a sequel in the distant future. Perhaps derivative drabbles that will never get posted here, like "Lisa Goes Used Car Shopping" or "Lisa Files Her Parents' Income Taxes."

Writing Tips: Classified Data, Level 5 Security Clearance Required

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Name: >Entei<, Draknir(My Nickname)
Types of Writings: Adventure. Pretty much anything based off stuff I like.
Strong Areas: Namely battles and storylines.
Type of Characters: Usually based off myself, my friends, my alter-ego(he even has his own series I am going to write!), or some characters in games.
Current Stories:
Pokemon: The Platinum Journey!
Future Stories:
Digimon: The Dark Times(Estimated time of Release: Sometime before the end of the year.)
Digimon: The Great War
Digimon: The Dark Uprising
Pokemon: The Emerald Journey!
Pokemon: The Crystal Journey!
Pokemon: The Fire Red/Leaf Green Journey!
Pokemon: The Arctic League

DTG6407

BlackMelody
Might as well post up my profile. So here goes nothing.

Name: DTG6407, DTG, Brandon B.P.

Types Of Writing: I'll try, and have yet to try, anything and everything.

Strong Areas: Umm, plot maybe? I tend to think of a storyline, plot or series of events, then when I go to write them I end up altering bits and pieces. This can be seen as both good and bad, depending on your POV.

Type Of Characters: Characters with personality traits similar to mine or others I know of. Basically I like taking real people and putting them in my story then pitting them against my ever-changing plot.

Current Stories: Believe in Dreams
Story about how, and who, created Pokemon Rescue Teams. It centers around Wigglytuff's guild being the first ever recognized guild.

2:43 A.M.
This was actually homework, lol. I had to write a short story with 750+ words. A small task, and when I was done I was quite proud of it so I decided to post it up as a Non-Pokemon One Shot. Its about a girl, who basically summarizes her life. From the beginning as a child living with her mother, to her demise after her fathers death in which she plunges head first into a world of illegal narcotics and crime.

Future Stories: Planning to write a Starwars fan-fic after Believe in Dreams is finished. Also hopefully going to make another Pokemon based story, but this time in the form of an antagonist traveling the entire Pokemon world (All four/five/ regions) and challenging the leagues, gym leaders, fighting criminal organizations, ya know. The classic old Hero story. But I don't want it to be just another Ash Ketchum story knock-off.

Writing Tips (Optional): Don't give up. Though it may be hard in the beginning, just keep at it and keep putting effort into it and eventually everything will just come together. Music is inspiration, inspiration is power, power = win.

Last edited:

Cyber Robert

Shockingly Lovely
Name: CyberBlastoise, CB, or Cyber

Types Of Writing: Sci-fi and Romance

Strong Areas: Character development...I always try to know as much of my characters as possible while going through the storyline...

Type Of Characters: I prefer making the typical brave hero...but i also love making hot-headed people in my fics too

Current Stories: Bill of the Future - What happens when Team Rocket tries to change the past and someone attempts to stop them? Read and find out...

Future Stories: Super Smash Bros. University - a Super Smash Bros. Fanfic
A kirby fanfic
An Advanced Wars Fanfic

Writing Tips: Do not underestimate your works before you publish them. And do not just limit yourself to thinking you are bad without any proof that you are.

Mel-Girl

left. right.
Hn, profile stuff. Sure. =D

Name: I'm Mel-Girl, Mel, Melissa and whatever name you wish to call me be it a new nickname or a completely insulting phrase. Whatever.

Age (optional): Currently 15. =D

Gender (optional): Guess.. >>

Types Of Writing: OMFGLAWLZWTFBBQ Romance, Humour and Drama are my speciality genres but I can write Fantasy, Adventure and Action too. XD

Strong Areas: Hn, I feel really modest at times like these. Eh, screw it. I apparently have a good sense of humour in my writing, a creative mind and am good at characterisation. Apparently I can write tons of characters in the Pokemon cast in-character, which sounds good to me. So I'm not one of those OOC-shipping fic writers, which should be relieving for some. I also seem to get into the heads of characters well too. I write POV fics, so I have to. I find it easier to write POV though. XDDD

Type Of Characters: Everyone and anyone, I guess? Teenagers are my speciality though and I love writing different types of teenagers and stuff like that. I will happily write about the rebel student and also be equally fine with writing about the girly girl type. You get it? I like writing about teenagers, partly because I am one and can relate to such characters but yeah.

Current Stories: Hn, I'll just list my ongoing stories for now.

Except Me - It's linked in my sig. It's basically about a guy named Kengo who is in his second year of high school (at a boarding school, btw) and he's trying to buidl up the courage to admit his feelings towards a girl named Hikari. The problem is that she keeps going off with other guys and getting into all these other problems and whatnot. So Kengo's watching and letting Hikari's love life be completely haywire just because he can't open up. There's other dramas going on too, of course. =D It's a romance/humour/drama fic which specialises in multi-Hikari shippings but features other non-Hikari shippings as well.

Meiryoku Curse - It's an Ikari/Advance fic about a boy in the Meiryoku Family who runs away from home to escape the household. The household itself is filled with dark secrets including a curse, which has currently been passed down to Shinji. The boy who ran away from home, Reiji who is Shinji's older brother, wants to free Shinji of the curse and from the Meiryoku Family. So when Hikari and her mother encounter Reiji in the rain, they agree to take him in. And Hikari begins to learn about Reiji, his younger brother Shinji and the curse which has been passed down generation by generation within the Meiryoku family. It's a drama/romance fic and I'll get a link for it soon.

I'll add my oneshots later. XD

Future Stories: Hmmm... Haven't given this much thought, as my current stories are pre-occupying me at the moment, but I do intend to update this section also...

I have pondered something about Shinji being the delinquent and being forced to go on boot camp though... Hn. Shinji or Shigeru. I need a bad boy here. XD

Writing Tips (Optional):

- When you have an idea, be sure of it and make tons of plans for it before you write it. I have made the mistake so many times of writing something and then losing interest/ran out ideas for and trust me, it gets tiring.

- Be original or take a done idea and present it in a completely new way. Aka the trainer fic story. Give some fresh twists than the basic formula. Tweak things, spice it up. Just be fresh and innovative and look to all kinds of cources to get ideas. I take my ideas from watching anime, reading books/fanfiction, listening to music and more. It's funny how ideas can just spring to your mind.

- Check over your work. Don't rush things, take it easy. Don't submit unless you are satisfied with your work. The excuse of, "I was really busy and didn't have enough time" doesn't cut it, kiddies. Also the "I'm new to fic writing" is a stupid excuse also, imo. Haven't you ever written stories at school and stuff like that? Everyone who has posted a fanfiction has had writing experience prior to posting their fics. The only difference is that fanfiction is read by others, and reviewed.

- Don't make things too easy for your characters. I hate quickly solved conclusions to dramas. It leaves this feeling of dissatisfactory, similar to how today I didn't get a chance to bat in softball at PE because the people in my team in my class kept getting out. Hn.

- Have characters called Mel-Girl/Melissa in your fic. *shot*

- Don't write for reviews, write because you enjoy writing. If people review your fic, that's just a nice bonus. Got it?

Hn, I'm done for now.

Hg-Mike

Name: Hg-Mike (Mike or Miguel, as you wish)

Age (optional): 20

Gender (optional): Male

Types Of Writing: Fantasy / Original Characters

Strong Areas: Basically the plot, and the whole background of the story even if it is non-plot related

Type Of Characters: ...I don't have a favorite character...

Current Stories: I'm currently writing a Slayers fanfic in spanish called "Slayers Strike" (Not very original but the main enemies in the fic are my creation)

Future Stories: I have the ideas for several stories, one of them is based in Pokémon Battle Revolution with original trainers. And the other is a completely original story created and constantly changing since two-three years ago XD

Writing Tips (Optional):

1. Well, as everyone posted, don't give up and keep on writing.

2. I recommend writing both the beginning and the final of the story. That way, you'll know more easily how to get to the final set without tracking off the main plot (...Thinking about it, I'm not sure if you understand this...)

3. Another thing, avoiding clichés is nearly impossible. But keep this on mind, you CAN make a cliché non-cliché depending on how to write/make it.

pokeking325

Let's do our best.
Name: I'm pokeking325 (Ellery)

Types or writing: adventure, action, humor

Strong areas: that depends on how my story develops, if it has time I probably get better on characters and plot, if it starting, I'm probably not that good at anything

Types of characters: Personally I like both the goofy kid that always mess up, and the smart guy that always uses logic.

Current story: Pokemon Red Blue and Green, I was doing another one but that didnt' turned out so good.

Future stories: I been thinking of doing one of two stories, one is about the trainer that appeared in pokemon chronicles the one that had a typhlosion, well I want to do a story about his journey, the other one is my very own pokemon academy story.

Writing tips: I'm not really the one to talk I'm still a rookie myself, but guess what I can say it that you shouldn't give up no matter what, and you also need to have a good story to write a fic.

Cameron Oakley

Perky Trainer
Name: Cameron Oakley

Age (optional): -

Gender (optional): Female

Types Of Writing: Fantasy, Sci-fi and Adventure are my primary focus.

Strong Areas: I think coming up with plots has to be my strongest area.

Type Of Characters: I like the boisterous characters that like to talk a lot of trash, but I'm flexible and like doing any kind really. I enjoy trying out new characters.

Current Stories: -

Future Stories: Vindex

Writing Tips (Optional): As I stated in the RPGer's Cafe thread, patience is the key in my opinion. If I have writer's block I just wait until it goes away. Sometimes it doesn't go away for months and then out the blue I get a new idea that allows me to kill like five chapters or more in a day. I don't fuss or get frustrated when the block comes. Instead I just go on and work on something else until it goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.