• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Authors' Profiles V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Name: Mr. Joker or Adam

Age (optional): 17

Gender (optional): Male

Types Of Writing: First POV

Strong Areas: Contests and Mystery Dungeon fics

Type Of Characters: The bad guys or pokemon

Current Stories: ~Back to Battling~ is a fic about gary oak
and
Into the night
Future Stories: the last two books to Into the Night

Writing Tips: Dont be to affraid of detail

M-Dub

Μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω ᾿Αχιλῆος
Name: Just call me Dragon user X. I'm DUX to my friends (They all think I'm quackers!)

Gender: That would be telling =P...if you know, don't say please!

Types Of Writing: I'm into adventure fics mostly, though currently I am trying my hand at writing a darkfic.

Strong Areas: I guess I'm pretty good with description, but I suck at romance and stuff, so don't expect mushy scenes in my fics. That said, I think I'm alright when it comes to emotions.

Type Of Characters: I don't like writing strong characters. I start off with, I dunno, a nerd, or an introvert, and turn them into something amazing.

Current Stories: Like I said before, a darkfic. It is the first "book" in a trilogy. The trilogy is called The Edge Chronicles, and this first volume is called Edge of Destiny. FIRST PUBLIC PREVIEW ON THE NET!

---------

Introduction:
The world of this story is a Pokémon world. But it is not the happy, joy-filled Pokémon world that you may think I am referring to. This is a bitter world, a twisted world, a world that is cold and unforgiving. In the Pokémon world that we are all familiar with, there is darkness, yes. There is evil, yes. But there are places where tiny, cute Pokémon live their lives in blissful ignorance, playing games or drifting lackadaisically across beautiful green fields and vibrant flowerbeds; where Pokémon large and small live in peaceful harmony with humans. In this harsh world, there is no such place.

The world of this story is based around the old theme of “Survival of the fittest”. If you are born as a Shinx, you had better become a Luxray quickly, or you’re dead. Pokémon fight to kill, and woe betide the young Pokémon that stumbles across a pack of hungry Mightyena.

In your sweet little Pokémon universe, humans coexist more or less in harmony with each other. Sure, there are nefarious criminals like Team Rocket, but they pale in comparison with this world. This world is overrun by warring factions, all battling desperately for the right to survive. Nations and empires rise and fall in the blink of an eye, and the land is ravaged by war. There are no Pokémon Trainers. Pokémon are a law unto themselves, and the vast majority of humans simply don’t care.

Some, however, use Pokémon as servants, or warriors in their armies, but these Pokémon are never treated as well as they are in your little sugar-coated universe.

However, there are a select few, a very few, who choose to work with humans as equals. These Pokémon-human teams are rare, but usually very skilled and secretive. Some are evil, and plot to turn all nations against each other, to ultimate destruction. Others are soldiers of righteousness, fighting desperately to restore some semblance of order to the world.

This war-torn world, known as Fulareif, is unknowingly approaching a tipping point. If nothing is done to correct the balance, the world will collapse upon itself.
--------

I am also working on a reverse MD fic, Lost and Alone], so check it out!

Future Stories: Books Two and Three in the Edge Chronicles

Writing Tips: Hmm...be yourself. If the fic doesn't feel right, try something else. If you are a dark person, write tragedies and darkfics (Duh me, same sorta thing), if you're a happy-go-lucky kinda guy, try comedies, or classic adventure fics.

White Rabbit Redux

Rookie Novelist
Name: Rabi

Types Of Writing: Drama/tragedy are my strong suits, although I've worked on adventure during my earlier years of life (middle school).

Strong Areas: I'd say I can come up with a good plot, and my description is pretty well, written out.

Type Of Characters: I try to avoid cliched characters, although sometimes I might go for those cliche topics simply for lack of other ideas. I like to write about normal people. Actually, my antagonist (in my current fic) is my favorite character thus far.

Current Stories: I'm still waiting for confirmation from Zephyr, but it's titled "A History of Violence." It does not center around a single character, rather several different characters/groups around a central arc.

Future Stories: I don't have any plans yet.

Writing Tips: When writing, just go with the flow. When the inspiration hits just jot it down and then, when you feel like you're ready, elaborate on that idea and apply it to your writing. It works for me (though sometimes I get too lazy to bother to keep writing, which is why I am so slow at writing).

MayfanxD

Name: Here: MayfanxD. My real name: Shannon

Types of Writing: Mostly shipping fics and made up shippy stories, but also other kinds of fics and stories

Strong Areas: As soon as I lay my hand on a pen, The words just come out and without thinking, I have a (often good) storie in a few minutes

Type of Characters: All kinds of Characters. Depends on the Storie they have. The only thing all of 'em have, is a really devilish reaction on a certain thing

Current Stories: Journey to Almo. A storie about Ash, two new girls, and Brock in a new Region after Sinnoh.

Future Stories: As long as you're with me. Another Storie that plays in Almo. May and Drew where travelling with Ash and Co. at first, but soon went on a own Journey.

Writing tipps: Before you start planning and everything, let you're fantasy flow. Write the idea for the storie on a peace of paper without following any rules. Then you have a storie wich isn't that bad, because the first ideas are often the best

Estuary

єѕѕ-cнєw-єrry
Name: Estuary. But you can call me Est, Esty, Sexy, or any variation thereo- hey, how'd that last one get there?

Age (optional): nteen

Gender (optional): Take a guess~

Types Of Writing
: OT, action/adventure.

Strong Areas: Eh. I'm okay at plot, pretty decent at grammar. Description is my favorite, trying to make people see what's happening, like a movie in their heads. Battles are disturbingly fun to write as well.

Type Of Characters: All of 'em. I have a soft spot for every character of mine. The easiest for me to write, though, is probably the criminally insane type. This says nothing about me. No.

Current Stories:

The Promise of the World
{Rated PG-15}
An OT 'fic. [Link in sig]

: Summary :
Something terrible has been released from the Hoenn desert.
It is headed straight for the region of Ariellan. Lein Aster, a mediocre
trainer, was not chosen to fight this atrocity. He is merely trying
to survive it. But, what is the promise of the world?

Future Stories: Eh.. just the one. Once I finish it I'll start another, but I don't have any ideas yet.

Writing Tips (Optional): Hm... I'd suggest making a detailed outline of a good chunk of the beginning before you actually start posting, if not the whole thing. At least half. It overwhelmingly reduces writer's block, and often makes for better flow, and a better story altogether. Also, read your dialogue aloud. Does it sound natural? Even people with a quirky way of speaking shouldn't sound awkward.

Glad to join the ranks of the Serebii authors. <3

Last edited:

Diddy

Renegade
Name: Diddy. Come on, not that hard to write. If not, call me Lemon.

Age (optional): 18 (as of the 7th of January 2009)

Gender (optional): whatever you want me to be ;)

Types Of Writing: I prefer writing one-shots of varying subject matter. But I do enjoy writing about my favourite Pokemon Serial Killer most of all.

Strong Areas: I can't personally pick out one or a few parts of my writing which I can personally say is my best. But I do enjoy plotting, writing a fic and changing it suddenly as you write it is one thing I always do.

Type Of Characters: People with secrets or are living with guilt. Showing their reactions in certain situations is fun. But I suppose I like to write anyone, if I enjoy writing them.

Current Stories: Nothing out currently, unless you count the christmas one-shot I did.

Future Stories: I am working on an OT fic at the moment, I'm on chapter three at the moment, so it's going good.

Writing Tips (Optional): Take every chapter as it comes and if your a new writer. Please adhere to the rules and don't post anything if it's altogether rulebreaking.

Name: Anything from -Unlucky_Wrath- to Bailey, Yoko to BBB, maybe even Syn or Iantha, or anything that pops into your head is fine too.

Age (optional): 16

Gender (optional): Female

Types Of Writing: Fantasy, Tragedy, Horror, Romance, Adventure, Young Adult

Strong Areas: Descriptions, character development, plot

Type Of Characters: Happy-go-lucky people, moody people, complex characters are my personal favorite, and crazy/mental/psycho characters are my absolute favorites, basically any type of character that a story calls for

Current Stories:
Original Story: Psychotic Snake Killer
# of Chapters: Undetermined as of yet
Summary: A deranged killer. A young preteen dared to interview her. He gets a lot more than bargained as he comes to realize her most darkest thoughts and has to put up with people who will do anything to get back at her, including having him killed.
Rating: Mature
Genres: Young Adult/Angst/Crime

Original Story: Sweet Lullaby
# of Chapters: Undetermined (still in progress, only on the first chapter, though the prologue is complete)
Summary: Undermined by Fate and Destiny, one person ties seven people together. (actually better than it sounds to be honest)
Genres: Young adult/Fantasy
(Side Note: Named this from all of the chapter titles being song titles.)

Original Story: Just Open Your Eyes
# of Chapters: One to maybe four (first chapter still in progress)
Summary: Rejecting herself and pushing her heart to its brink emotionally, it takes only one person to bring her around.
(Side Note: Based off of the song Life Is Beautiful by Sixx:A.M.. Side story off of Sweet Lullaby.)

Original Story: Ocean Sky
# of Chapters: 6 including the Prologue (going under editing and revisions)
Summary: When a prank gone wrong ends up with her in a coma, something strange happens. An orphan winds up finding herself, or what there is of herself, in a different world...
Rating: Teen
Genres: Spiritual/Fantasy

Original Story: In Different Ways
# of Chapters: One, maybe two
Summary: No one ever told him that meeting his doppelganger would be as strange as his, let alone as forceful.
(Side Note: Based off of the song Doppelganger I Love You (RMX) by Zeromancer. Side story off of Sweet Lullaby.)

Future Stories:
Original Story: Apuro del Vampiro
# of Chapters: As many as it takes to be completed
Summary: (coming soon...)
Rating: Teen to Mature
Genres: Fantasy/Romance
(I need to find where I put the papers I wrote this story on, until then, I can not type it and it will be under this category for now.)

Animal Crossing: (I haven't thought of a title yet...)
Genre: General/Romance
# of Chapters: As many as I can do, hopefully enough to complete it
Full Summary: Kicked out of her parents' house just before she's sixteen, Maou has to cope with being in a new village with animal neighbors called Helltha. Only concerned with expanding and paying off her house, she has no time for much else; furniture, clothes, friends, or love. Not even when three more humans move into her acre around her house, or does she..? Nah.
Pairings: Uh... they aren't so much as pairings as they are implications

Animal Crossing: (Uh... still no idea for a title...)
Genre: General
# of Chapters: each chapter is its own, it's just a collection of one-shots with my characters from the story above
Full Summary: Life was never as enjoyable to Maou or Cohila when they first met, but it gradually got better; especially when the two boys they know are fun to freak out. And we can't forget the other animal neighbors now can we? :Maou-centric/Cohila-centric: A few might center in around Roger or Ingram, also.
Pairings: Implications change with different one-shots

Animal Crossing: (Can someone say 'unimaginative thinking'..?)
Genre: Romance/General
# of Chapters: As many as it takes to complete it
Full Summary: It may have took a couple of years, but Ash and Miles have both been booted out of their homes as well! Too bad there are no more houses available in the town of Helltha for them to move into though. It seems that they'll have to move into a whole new town where no one knows them—Spear. (please ignore the Pokemon reference at the end, I couldn't think at the time)
Pairings: More of implications than anything​

Writing Tips (Optional): Keep writing even if you can't complete a story right off the bat. Chances are that the more you write, the easier it'll be to complete those that you couldn't finish.

-------

Side Note:
Say 'Hello' to my Alternate Personalities! (And yes, these accounts are all mine and where the stories above came from.)
Syn Bailey
Psychtic Snake-Woman
M.JS.KK.
Re-Decaying HCC

Last edited:

Hejin57

DNA #1: ORIGINS
Name: Hejin57. Simple as that.

Gender: Male(You got it right. I'm male and I like to write romantic fiction. Who knew?)

Types Of Writing: adventure, romance, science-fiction, action and even a little horror from time to time.

Strong Areas: Probably mostly with my creativity and character development. My plots could better, as in I might need more work intertwining everything in my stories.

Type Of Characters: Anyone is fair game for me. I just like writing about characters in general.

Current Stories:

Ruby and Sapphire: The Next Chapter

Overview: Just another frantic shipping story....or is it? It involves the famous Ruby and Sapphire, with a new bet, and a new journey, in the Sinnoh region. What will they encounter there????

The Coming

Overview: The epic crossover to end all crossovers! In a world where beings such as Dexter, The Kids Next Door, Jack Skellington and Sonic The Hedgehog co-exist, the Creator tends to it. And when ancient aliens from beyond time and space, the Great Old Ones, threaten to take it over, it's up to these assorted characters to defend it.

Future Stories:

Probably a possible Sonic and Amy love story, if I decide to.

Writing Tips (Optional): Creativity is the key! And for one thing, never split yourselves over 3 or 4 different stories. That is not a good thing to do, in my opinion, unless you're good at multi-tasking that way.

Stoc15

Leon is Pro!
My Profile

Name: Stoc15, Stork, Stark, Yumistarka, Starkinstien, the Starkmiester

Age (optional): Like it matters!

Gender (optional): Male.

Types Of Writing: OT, Fantasy, Adventure, Action.

Strong Areas: I'm good at plot, descripition, and the legendary, originality!

Type Of Characters: Optimistic wierdos, dudes who were shady sunglasses, petty villians, brave fighters, and noobs. Lots of noobs.

Current Stories:

Name: Pokemon: Trainers in Training

Genre: Action/OT

Summary: Tom's older brother had a devastating end to his trainer career. Attempting to get his brother's spirits up and bring the training name to his family, Tom and four other teens get chosen by the masters to be trained. With Bidoof action, a jerk of a girl, hillarous scenes, and a villian who wants to kill a certain master, you will want to read this.

Rating: PG:13. Swearing and blood, with the occasional romantic hint.

Future Stories: The Blazing Triumph: Taking place in between the events of Trainers in Training, Tom's older brother begins his journey again, and starts out with a less-then-likely-to-be-brave Wooper.

Writing Tips (Optional): Ok, new recruits in writing. Remember to focus on things that you have seen in previous fics, and to never give up on your dreams and always be on your toes.

Last edited:

Verity

About time I made one of these, I suppose.

Name: Verity

Types Of Writing: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

Strong Areas: I'd say my specialty is character development, although on the whole I'd say I'm fairly well-rounded.

Type Of Characters: I like to have a wide variety of characters! I can't really settle on a type that I like the best. It's fun to have different kinds of people working together. I do like having plenty of strong female characters around, though, just as a matter of personal preference. There aren't enough of them, ever.

Current Stories:
What You Wish For: Two teenage trainers get themselves into more trouble than they can handle when they rescue a mysterious girl in the middle of a thunderstorm on Route 45; suddenly, they're on a race against time to get their charge to Mt. Coronet—a quest on which the fate of the world hangs. Can they do it? One would hope so, but one wouldn't generally hope to have the fate of the world in the hands of a pair of sixteen-year-olds...

Future Stories:
Rival, a story about a pair of rivals and playing with that dynamic—which one's the hero and which one's the rival, anyway? Same 'verse as WYWF.

Something untitled, slice-of-life story about a pair of graduate student best friends that work in a pokémon biology research lab somewhere in Johto. One has a checkered past that causes them trouble occasionally, academic politics, paper-writing procrastination, wacky lab hijinks, etc. Also same 'verse as WYWF. No idea if anyone would ever be interested in it, though, since the subject matter is... unusual.

Another possible future story that currently exists under the filename of "Depressing Story.rtf" (oh, cheerful!) about a powerful trainer who tried to play vigilante hero with disastrous results, and how he deals with his life in the aftermath.

Writing Tips:
- Read other stuff. Lots of other stuff. All kinds of other stuff: good, bad, romance, nonfiction, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, optimistic, pessimistic, historical, futuristic, everything. Learning the greats and the terribles of your craft is never a bad thing.
- Be on the lookout for inspiration! It can come from anywhere.
- Write often. Practice, brainstorm, exercise that brain. Keep your ideas, even if you don't have a use for them right away.
- Take time to figure out what you want a story to accomplish.
- Love writing!

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Name: Jack. Just Jack. I don't mind stuff like PB Jack or PBJ, but every time I see those, I think of a sandwich. >.<

Types Of Writing: Action, Tragedy, Romance, and Suspense.

Strong Areas: I honestly don't know. People like my plot, and I like my characters, so I can't say for certain.

Type Of Characters: Hmm. I don't use a single type of character. In my fic, my protagonist is a quiet, laid back teen named Jack. Certain attributes were taken from my personality, while others were added to make him his own person. Of my supporting characters, I have quite a few personalities. Megan is a cheerful, slightly shy, imaginative girl. Mike is outgoing, loves attention, and is full of energy. Xavier is a solemn, serious teen with a dark past.

I also have adapted personalities for many canon characters. I use Flint, portrayed as one of the top ranked trainers in Sinnoh. His personality is fiery and cool, always comical, yet able to become serious in tense situations. Volkner is also one of the top ranked trainers in Sinnoh. He deeply regrets many of his past choices and wishes to make ammends. He appears confident in battle, yet he always doubts himself when dealing with people.

Current Stories: I came to SPPf to write one story, and I will only write one story for SPPf. My work is titled Pokemon Crusade, and the link is in my sig.

Pokemon Crusade is dark, with much tragedy and loss. It follows Jack, the nephew of Lt. Surge and son of the Lt's brother Elliot. Jack, age fifteen, runs away from home with his Elekid, Static, in hopes of escaping his father's strict rules. He escapes from Violet, Johto, to Pallet, Kanto. After a startling encounter on the ferry, Jack soon becomes involved with something much bigger than he could have imagined. Things only get worse after he meets a girl his age and receives a Shining Charmander as his starter.

Jack, Megan, and their pokemon get immersed in a struggle between two unknown powers. What was once a normal journey will soon turn into a plot that not only threatens their lives, but the entire planet.

Part One, titled, Rebirth of Terror, deals with Jack's entrapment in the epic struggle of good versus evil. Part Two, titled, Scourge of Ragnarok, continues three years after the events of Part One, with Kanto and Johto laying in ruins. The Crusaders, a secret organization formed to combat a team of men bent on world domination, must travel to Sinnoh and put an end to the evil mens' plot once and for all.

The story relates to the events of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. While it isn't necessary to have played the games, it is easier to understand where the plot is going if you know the endings to these games.

Pokemon Crusade will be thirty chapters long when finished. It is rated PG-13 for violence, language, and a few thematic elements.

Future Stories: I won't be writing any other full length stories, but I would like to write a few one-shots pertaining to my fic.

Jack ;466;

Last edited:

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Name: Dagzar.

Types Of Writing: I like writing character-driven stories that are centered around mystery, suspense, drama and adventure. Unfortunately, I can’t write humor or angst (it comes out wonky if I try) and if those two genres ever crop up in my stories then it was by complete accident. I only write novel-length stories because I can never think of a plot that would be short enough for a one-shot. I can write in third person or first person, but I really prefer third person.

In the Pokemon fandom, I’m focused on original trainer stories and they’re the only fanfiction I’ll read or write. I’d like to give a try at Pokemon-centric stories, but I just can’t seem to relate to Pokemon at all.

Strong Areas: Uh, I’m not sure since I don’t really know my own writing very well. I’ll have to come back to this one later.

Type Of Characters: Any character types; I’m not picky.

Current Stories:
Mentor
Genre: Drama / Mystery / Adventure
Rating: PG-15
Summary: After being saddled with two ten-year-old brats and being sent out on her long overdue Pokemon journey, she can’t help but wonder… is it worth it?

Future Stories: None I’m posting on the internet.

Blademaster_Jale

Feelin' Lucky?
Name: Jordan DiPalma, AKA Blademaster Jale

Types Of Writing: I usually write whatever I feel like writing at the time, though I've found I have a good hand for suspense.

Strong Areas: Dialogue. I prefer to make characters' dialogue as believable as possible.

Type Of Characters: I like a character who is believable; strong, but not beyond possibility. Smart, but capable of mistakes. Joel, the main protagonist of my ongoing fic, is a good representative of this.

Current Stories: The Heart of the Enemy - Situated in the Hoenn region, this story follows the tale of three young trainers as they find themselves pulled into a plot beyond their worst dreams.

Future Stories: Fading Tendrils - It is medieval Sinnoh. Knights make a living on the slaying of The Faded; Pokemon who's minds have faded into nothingness. However, their numbers are increasing by the day. More and more knights have fallen to the berserk creatures. Fearing for his land's safety, the King of Sinnoh sends an exploration team to seek out the source of The Faded.

Writing Tips: Take your time. Do not rush yourself because of a deadline; take the time to think over your writing as you go, and don't forget to proofread. It took Christopher Paolini three years to write and publish Eragon; likewise other writers need time to work their art.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Username: ben_pokemon

Types of Writing: Mostly adventure and journey fic.Those are mine best areas.

Current Stories: I am still working on it. Look at future stories.

Strong Areas: Well my only strong area are ideas because I am not very food in description.

Type of Characters: Well, I like writing about a lot of different characters who have different personality and they own past is involved in plot.

Future Stories: Pokemon - A New Era

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Nice Idea. I'm new here, relatively speaking, have to get up to speed.

Name: Solovino, also Solovino88 (on FF.net)

Types Of Writing: sci-fantasy, thriller, OT (with regards to Pokémon).

Strong Areas: Plot. Lots and lots of plot. I usually plot more than half of a story before I begin writing the actual document (I write quick-plot sentences and small snippets before). Also character development.

Type Of Characters: Following the "grid of Alignment" I'd say Lawful Neutral dominates my writing. Also, Chaotic Neutral, and Lawful Evil. My speciality so far is characters who part-time as members of secret or elitist organizations. Then there are the lone or couple travellers, rejected or disowned heroes, and the ocassional happy-go-lucky vigilante.

In terms of storywise role, I enjoy more creating the supporting characters than the lead ones, which has become sort of a bumo for my writing.

Current Stories:
  • Final Fantasy VI: Scalar” is the first fic I ever published in English (and under this penname). It's basically a thriller-style story following Shadow fron Final Fantasy VI during the parts of the game we the players don't see him, as he gets closer and closer to his return to Thamasa and his only family (oh, and Armageddon by Kefka: let's never forget Kefka!). Status: in progress, being published in FF.net.
  • NCIS: Junon” is a story I don't know what was I thinking when I started writing. Basically it is a TV×videogame crossover having the NCIS cast as members of a fictional ShinRA sub-agency and trying to track Sephiroth and AVALANCHE after the former's killing spree in the Junon ferry. Status: on hiatus for an undetermined time.
  • Elusive Goals” is the first Pokémon fic I'm publishing, but not the first I wrote. Actually, it's a spinoff of my "main" OT fic that I took apart to wirte it better and get some experience as I rewrite the parent series too. The story follows a Pokémon Racer and his Rapidash as they are about to compete in the Indigo League. Then, all of a sudden, the protagonist receives a lifetime offer: an invitation to join Team Rocket as an Admin. The only requisite is that he makes to the final rounds and beats a mysterious, resurfaced Trainer who just happens to be a long-lost "kinda friend" of the protagonist. Status: in progress, being published in PokéCommunity.

Future Stories:

I have several plots in the planning, but there are some ones which I think are meritory to explain here. All of them have small snippets and plot excercises written already, but I'm focusing now on my top three stories so these listed below will be on hold for quite a while.

1. "Untitled #1" (for now): The main work is the Pokémon-based parent series I mentioned above, a long story spanning ten years. The first book, which is the part I am currently rewriting, begins as a hurt/comfort type of story following three young Trainers who have just began their journey when BAM! a catasthrophe hits their homeland. The three, just like hundreds of kids, are torn inside and willing to give up their journeys, until a mysterious figure pops out and begins pulling far too many strings to up the morale of young trainers.
  2. "Untitled #2" (so imaginative :D): another Final Fantasy story, this time based on Final Fantasy VIII and following the Cid/Edea couple.
  3. "Untitled #3": A PMD (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon) type of story, that is, one "without humans". Following two teams from the same town who are put against each other when a revered voice in town starts predicting (and announcing) the advent of "the Human ruler" and triggers a war.

Writing Tips: I don't think I am worthy or knowledgeable enough to give advice (that's for readers to judge ;) ), but I can say one thing.

I write long. Very long.

And that means I had to get picky with my writing because it's easy to fall into small pitfalls/mistakes such as changing your characters' eye colour, or having them follow impossible timetables, when you're writing very long stories and periodically being distracted from "the big picture" (giving your BetaReader a nightmare in the process).
Soon enough after I started rechecking Untitled #1, I found that just a word processor and a thesaurus were not enough for large stories, so, as I didn't know of actual storywritting software at the time, I took the task of creating my own "story database" by combining some available (and free) software. It allows me to organize things such as timelines, plot triggers, character bios, and the actual writing and releasing schedule. All that I could do becuase I just had a new idea about how to combine certain programs I had some previous experiences with.

The bottom line is, you have skills. Actual skills, not just "areas of expertise". And not only about writing, but (many) others. Maybe you have a very good diction. Maybe you have excellent observation skills. Maybe you have it very easy imaginging certain kind of scenes, such as battles, homages, or citylife. Maybe you are good taking care of pets. Or you excel at debates... Lock on that skill, hone it, and try to find a way to integrate into your writing: the "combo" will expand your writing abilities, as well as your skills, in the process enhancing your curriculum, and your cultural baggage, twofold. And your readers win too, because they enjoy a better story.

Well, I hope to post here in the forums some time soon. And chat with others. And gain experience. Maybe I'll post some of the stories here. At the time of writing this, coincidentally, PC is down and FF.net is rejecting my login! :eek: So... who knows? Till soon.

Frosted Heavens

Crystallized Wind
I hope I'm not breaking any rule doing this ^__^;;

Name: Frosted Heavens, but if you want to shorten that please call me 'Heavens' or something like that.
Age (optional): Sweet 16 :3

Gender (optional): Female

Types Of Writing: I'm all for action and adventure, particularily battles and such. I'm a sucker for romance though, I really like it, but I've never tried writing it... Perhaps somewhere in the future.

Strong Areas: I like to think that's description, but I don't think I really excel at anything. Finding a basic plot is usually the hardest for me and I develop characters as I go on.

Type Of Characters: The somewhat sarcastic, yet giddy at most times-character. Something called a 'tsundere' in japanese I'd like to try too sometimes.

Current Stories: Assistance Failure

A story about the characters from the Diamond/Pearl games but with my own twists and stuff. Since I've just begun with that, there's not really any defined plotline yet, and there aren't really any twists in it yet.

Chapter 01 up for reading, fi you're interested.

Future Stories: That's a lot of stuff for me. I want to try a story for every region, with some character from other regions appearing for a short time. I'd also like to try my hand again at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fics.

Writing Tips (Optional): I'm a terrible advisor, my first advice for you would be to read someone else's advice ^__^;;

Uh... first of all, make sure that the story stays interesting and does not become too complicated, your readers are likely to get a headache with way too many plotlines. Don't have conversations that really drag out either. Reveal important stuff as you go on, you need to keep your readers guessing sometimes too...

Make sure your character is not a Mary-sue/Gary-stu, if you don't know this term, it's basically the perfect person travelling around a region, beating Gym Leaders to apulp with ease, Stop a criminal organisation and still have enough time for a girl/boyfriend. Your character has to be likeable and if your readers have something in common with this character, they'll like her/him more.

Describe enough!!

-----

My profile?

+Frosted Heavens+

dash142

Beginning Trainer
Name: Dash

Types Of Writing: I love adventure/OT/Journey fics. I've done a sort of Horror story... not scary though it just had some Pokemon that were fused together. I might try another one later.

Strong Areas: Coming up with ideas, my description can be pretty good but as the chapter drags on I start forgetting to put it in.

Type Of Characters: I like writing characters that are total good guys. When I write villains they usually end up being sort of good still, or they're not very interesting when I write them as totally evil. I also like to make my characters extremely cocky and stubborn.

Current Stories: I'm writing a Johto fic now, it will be called "The Crystal Tales". It deals with the main plot in the G/S/C games with some added things like an anime style Pokemon League, more rivals, and some coordinators. Team Rocket will probably make more appearances too. I'm trying to figure out what to put in it to make it more interesting.

Future Stories: A fic that will take place after Ash gets through the Sinnoh league. It will take place a few years after it, where Ash has become the Champion of the Kanto region. I might write a sequal to my current fic as well.

Writing Tips: When trying to write a scene, try to listen to some music that has the same tone as the scene you're trying to write. I personally can't write very well at all without music.

Last edited:

greywolf123

Name: Reece works, or my username minus the numbers, Greywolf

Age (optional): 16

Types Of Writing: Adventure, with dash's of comedy thrown in.

Strong Areas: I think my strong area's are in Character development and setting a scene, but since I'm new, who knows.

Type Of Characters: My favorite types of characters to write about are protagonists that while they don't really want to have to be the hero, they do it anyway, with much sarcasm and remarks along the way. I also like writing manical evil characters, cause the dialogue is fun.

Current Stories: I'm writing an adventure story, its title is subject to change if I find out a better one, but the basis is a group of trainers being "lucky" enough to have to save the world from being wiped out by a group of legendaries.

Future Stories: My planned out story is a trilogy, but might take a break and start on a PMD story

pokeaidmissy

Name: PokeAidMissy

Types Of Writing: Adventure with some simple romance and humor in the mix

Strong Areas: Plot ideas-I like to think of interesting story lines. Story plots that will make people think is usually my goal.

Type Of Characters: I love adding an extreme, attractive feminist in the story, I think it adds a lot of humor. I also like usuing Professor Oak because of his intelligent, yet wise personality, with his way of seeing the world. It gives me a lot to write about. Of course, the mindless male in usually apart of my tales too.

Current Stories: My current story is: "Forever young....Maybe" (Rated G)
-What if you were accidently set back as a child, say around ten years old? After a science experiment gone wrong, Professor Oak is mentally and emotionally a sixty-five year old man, yet trapped inside his ten year old self! Its now up to Beth, Bill, Gary, and Tracey, with some help from Ash, Misty, and Pikachu, (of course) to help the ten year old professor return back to normal. However, everyday is a surprise. The crew finds out quickly that his mental and emotional state is in jepordy in becoming a ten year old as well, which could put the professor in deep trouble and make the crew babysitters! Will the professor ever be turned back to his rightful age, or will Ash, Misty, Gary, Beth, Tracey, and Bill be forced to babysit the pre-teen Oak? Read to find out!

Future Stories: I'm not a 100% sure about this story idea, but its about Tracey and Professor Oak getting lost in the icy tundra in Sinnoh, unable to get out. They are captured in the Vally of the Legends, where they are forced to stand trial, to defend humanity for desrupting the Pokemon world. Backed up by only a few Legends, including a talking Slowking, will the professor and Tracey ever make it out? Will humanity be destroyed becuase of the human's selfishness? Tune in to find out!

Writing Tips: Read the rules. ALL the rules. XD
Also, make sure that your readers can actually feel what you are trying to describe to them. It makes the story way more enjoyable.

Torpoleon

Name: Torpoleon
Age (optional): 11(12 in April)

Types Of Writing: I like Adventure and Action one's because it is actiony and there is an adventure. I guess any thing as long as it sparks my interest.

Strong Areas: I'm not really good at a lot of stuff because I just started fic writing not too long ago.

Type Of Characters: I like writing characters that I think are cool, and are not boring.

Current Stories: Matt's Kanto Adventure!; (another one is my brother's but I forget the name); The Chimchar, Monerno Infernape Fic: The Fire of Brother's(I pretty much abandoned it)

Future Stories: Sequels to Matt's Kanto Adventure and my bro will write sequels to his fic.(if we get up to them)
1-Matt's Johto Adventure!
2-Matt' Hoenn Adventure!
3- Matt's Sinnoh Adventure!
And so forth. Hopefully I will get that far.

Writing Tips (Optional): I'm a new author but advice is read over the Advice for Aspiring Author's and the rules. It will help. If you aren't too good then get a beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.