• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly RMT (and, yes, I'm using Terracotta)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
So I'm making a team for the Autumn Friendly, but I don't have much experience with VCG '11 or Doubles in general.

Rules
  • Essentially VCG '11
  • Double battles set at lv. 50
  • Only UNOVA pokemon allowed (except Victini/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyhurem)
  • Item clause
  • No hax/sleep clauses

The Team
:547::639::593::591::604::558:​

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Timid, Prankster
252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Beat Up
Tailwind
Taunt
Helping Hand

Basic Terrakion partner set. Tailwind on first turn to get faster than opposing Terracotta combos while Terra Protects. Beat Up for the Attack Boost. Taunt to stop threats like Amoongus etc. Helping Hand to provide some help if I live longer than I should.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly, Justified
252 A/252 Speed/4HP
Protect
Earthquake
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Protect while Whimsy Tailwinds. Since it's my main sweeper, I got a Lum Berry to avoid taking a Prankster TWave or Spore. QuakeSlide combo and Close Combat, pretty generic I'm afraid.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Water Gem
Modest, Cursed Body
252 SA/228 Speed/28 HP
Water Spout
Protect
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Redesigned this to take advantage of the Tailwind speed boost. 228 Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Choice Scarf Chandelure running max speed with a Tailwind, and some leftover HP for bulk (hopefully enough to disable something). Protect while Tailwind is being set up or if a partner is using EQ. Shadow Ball for an alternative STAB, plus cover Ghosts and Psychics. Ice Beam covers against Grass, Dragons, and Flying. Water Spout hits both opponents without Surf's friendly fire at base 150, plus Water Gem boost, but is kinda a one-shot deal.

591.gif

Trollmoongus@ Leftovers
Bold, Effect Spore
HP 146 / Def 132 / SpA 52 / SpD 180
Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
HP Ice

Trololol....No sleep clause means I can use Spore all I want. Rage Powder to take heat off of partners like Terrakion and Hydreigon who may have Fighting attacks incoming. Giga Drain to not be Taunt bait and do some damage while living longer. HP Ice to provide some diversity and counter the Genies.

604.gif

Eelektross @Choice Specs
Modest, Levitate
252 SA/168 Speed/88 HP
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
HP Ice
Grass Knot

I added this as a special sweeper since it has wider offensive coverage than Thundurus. Choice Specs HP Ice gives me a OHKO on Haxorus, who's likely to carry Mold Breaker (a big concern), who needs to be killed on the first turn because otherwise I'm not going to outspeed +1 max speed Haxy. 168 speed EVs by my calculations is enough to beat the Genies under Tailwind. Grass Knot always OHKOs opposing Terrakion too (coverage vs. all the Musketeers :D). Thunderbolt for STAB of course, and Flamethrower is valuable for stopping Ferrothorn, Escaviler, Amoongus, Virizion, and Durant. [/]

558.gif

Crustle @White Herb/Life Orb
Adamant, Sturdy
252 A/252 Speed/4 HP
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
X-Scissor
Earthquake

Strong Psychic counter and backup physical sweeper. Shell Smash to solve speed and attack issues. X-Scissor for STAB and SE on Psychics. Rock Slide for moar STAB, hitting doubles, yada yada. Earthquake for coverage; this is why it's a backup to Terra.

Well that's the team for now. Feel free to be critical, I'm inexperienced at Doubles. Just realize that there will be no non-Unova pokes on either teams.

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
I'd go with 200 SpA, and 52 def on Jellicent. Then I'd use Sub and Shadow Ball, as it wreaks ghosts that want to ruin your day.

For Trollmoongus, DEFIANTLY Brightpowder. Terrikion should get LO, since wide guard stops EQ, and, really, who uses anything ground but EQ in doubles?

PokeMaster366

So I'm making a team for the Autumn Friendly, but I don't have much experience with VCG '11 or Doubles in general.

Rules
  • Essentially VCG '11
  • Double battles set at lv. 50
  • Only UNOVA pokemon allowed (except Victini/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyhurem)
  • Item clause
  • No hax/sleep clauses

The Team
:547::639::593::591::642::635:​

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid, Prankster
Beat Up
Tailwind
Charm/Taunt
Helping Hand / Trick Room

Basic Terrakion partner set. Tailwind on first turn to get faster than opposing Terracotta combos while Terra Wide Guards or attacks. Beat Up for the Attack Boost. Charm to lower the opponent's attack. Trick Room can help reverse the slower combos.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Life Orb/Air Balloon
Jolly, Justified
252 A/252 Speed/4HP
Wide Guard/Protect
Earthquake
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Wide Guard can cover the plethora of multiple-target moves that plague Doubles. QuakeSlide combo and Close Combat, pretty generic I'm afraid.

Honestly, TerraCott is overly predictable and is easily stopped by Conkeldurr, most Ghosts in 5th gen, and Rage Powder users attracting your Beat Up attack. You'll be better off w/ Protect or Quick Guard than Wide Guard b/c Terrakion is not that good at playing support when his main aim is attacking; also, all it takes is 1 Fake Out to ruin everything.

593.gif

Jellicent @ Leftovers/
Calm, Cursed Body
252 HP/??? SA/??? D/??? SD
Acid Armor/Wil-o-Wisp/Substitute
Recover
Scald
Shadow Ball/Ice Beam

This is designed to be Conkeldurr bait to perserve Terracotta and Hydreigon. It can also be used to be a switch-in to incoming Fire attacks for Trollmoongus. Not sure with the EV spread though. Scald can burn opponents to live longer. Recover to wall longer. Not sure for the last attack; Shadow Ball can help with Reuniclus but Ice Beam can cover Grass types. The first attack can also use help: more Defense, more burns (possibly a bad idea with Spore), or Sub on the switch?

A word of advice. In double battles, each pokemon's role is going to be more defined since you'll always have to fear a gang-attack. You can't afford to be too eccentric with the IV/EV set-up for your team, so you might have to balance out the defenses of the individual pokemon since you won't really know what to expect.

591.gif

Trollmoongus@ Brightpowder/Leftovers
Calm, Effect Spore
252 HP/156 D/100 SD
Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Double Team/Synthesis

Trololol....No sleep clause means I can use Spore all I want. Oh, and evasion is legal. Rage Powder to take heat off of partners like Terrakion and Hydreigon who may have Fighting attacks incoming. Giga Drain to not be Taunt bait and do some damage while living longer. Double Team to cause headaches and living longer, or Syintesis for more recovery?

All I can say is: Good luck dealing with Tornadus.

642.gif

Thundurus @Life Orb
Timid, Prankster
252 SA/252 Speed/4HP
Taunt
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

Yep, you know what it is. Priority Taunt to stop other Taunters, Amoongus, etc. HP Ice to cover Ground, Haxorus, and Grass. Thunderbolt for STAB. Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn and Terrakion. So easy a caveman can do it.

All it takes to make this guy faint is a Rock Slide from Sheer Force Conky, so you have to be careful of that; and since Whimsicott is going to be faster in this tournament, you'll have to be careful since he ocassionally has a Mental Herb if you're dealing w/ a defensive variant.
635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Levitate
252 SA/252 speed/4 HP
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
Surf/U-Turn/Dragon Pulse

My revenge killer and (hopefully) Reuniclus slayer. Draco Meteor to end it quickly. Dark Pulse for STAB without negative consequences. Fire Blast to cover Ferrothorn and others. Surf can provide extra coverage or U-Turn to quickly finish off weak foes.

Dragon Pulse from a Timid Hydreigon is enough to take out your average 5th gen Dragon, but sadly, Dark Pulse won't be enough to take out High HP variants of Reuniclus, so you can forget about killing Musharna as well. You'll also be in constant fear of other Scarf Users, so be careful.

Well that's the team for now. Feel free to be critical, I'm inexperienced at Doubles. Just realize that there will be no non-Unova pokes on either teams.

Hope this helped.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Well I found out that Terrakion doesn't have Wide Guard *facepalm* so it's now Protect. A lot of this team's success will be from using Team Preview

A few ideas I'd like to bounce around:
- Escaviler to stop TR Musharna and Reuniclus
- Mienshao might cause some problems, so maybe try to put Tornadus in?

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
None of your pokemon have Protect. Isn't that a bit dangerous? In the doubles metagame, not having Protect on at least a mojority of your pokemon is a serious strategic disadvantage.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
The Team
:547::639::593::591::642::635:​

547.gif

Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Timid, Prankster
Beat Up
Tailwind
Taunt
Helping Hand /Protect/Encore/Giga Drain

I never got why people love Beat Up Terra, but i guess it can work. Protect can keep you around to get another Tailwind if needed. Encore can be comboed with Taunt to wreak the GayShroom. Giga Drain can be useful if you get Taunted Twice, which will need to happen with Mental Herb.

639.gif

Terrakion @ Life Orb/Lem Berry
Jolly, Justified
252 A/252 Speed/4HP
Protect
Quick Attack/X-Scisor
Close Combat
Rock Slide

Quick Attack can be useful since it is Priority, and a Bug Move gets rid of Psychics better than Rock Slide can. Lum Berry Makes you survive a Spore from Amoonguss/a T-Wave from Thuderus(this is doubles, he does more than just sweep in Doubles w/ Pranster)

593.gif

Jellicent @ Choice Scarf/Water Gem
Modest, Cursed Body
252 Spd/252 Sp.Atk/4 HP

Water Spout
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Giga Drain/Protect

Doubles, there is no bait. Your oppo can lead of with it, then what do you do. Since this is Tailwind, may as well use a Scarf Kind to benefit from the Speed Boost. Water Spout, if used with alot of HP, most Devestating Spred Move in doubles. Ice Beam is for Dragons, SHadow Ball is STAB and hits bulky psychics/ghost mons. If using Scarf, Giga Drain, for water types. If WAter Gem, Protect, same reason as Terra, protect while Tailwind is set up.

591.gif

Trollmoongus@ Coba Berry
Bold, Effect Spore
HP 146 / Def 132 / SpA 52 / SpD 180
Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Protect/ HP Ice

WTF WERE YOU THINKING WITH THIS **** I mean really, it has 30 base speed, common weakness to flying and fire in doubles, and you try that ****. Bro, unless you get really Lucky, gimmicky **** wont work (i sound like an ***, but come on now) Those EVs, from Skarmbliss Forums

Giga Drain and various Hidden Power calculations:

Giga Drain VS 4/0 Neutral Terakion 86 - 104 (51.50% - 62.28%)
Giga Drain VS 252/0 Neutral Jellicent 78 - 92 (37.68% - 44.44%)
Giga Drain VS 252/252 Calm Seismetoad 136 - 168 (64.15% - 79.25%) (must run this to avoid being OHKO'd without Rindo Berry)
Hidden Power Ice 64 VS 4/0 Neutral Landorus 112 - 132 (67.88% - 80.00%)
Hidden Power Ice 70 VS 4/0 Neutral Landorus 120 - 144 (72.73% - 87.27%)
Hidden Power Ice 64 VS 4/0 Neutral Thunderus/Tornadus 56 - 66 (36.13% - 42.58%)
Hidden Power Ice 70 VS Neutral Thunderus/Tornadus 60 - 72 (38.71% - 46.45%)

Attacks against Amoongus:

Timid Scarf 252 Chandelure's Heat Wave 134 - 162 (64.73% - 78.26%)
Neutral Defensive 100 Reuniclus's Psychic 132 - 156 (63.77% - 75.36%)
Timid 252 Zoroark's Flamethrower 102 - 120 (49.28% - 57.97%) (unlikely 2HKO with Leftovers)
Adamant 252 Terakion's Rock Slide 54 - 64 (26.09% - 30.92%

Yeah, better than that crap huh. Coba is to survive a Flying Gem Boosted Acrobactics, which is 300 base power with a gem.

642.gif

Thundurus @Leftovers
Modest, Prankster
132 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 16 Sp Def

Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Sub/Protect
HP Flying

Bulky Thuderdurus, as it spreads status, while using Sub to prevent Damage, set-up. Prankster is a Absolute Boss with his movepool, and this is awesome. HP Flying is STAB, and hits whatever Ice would hit (except Dragons, tho you can Para Them/Use Terra)

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Chople Berry
Modest, Levitate
140 HP / 252 Sp Att / 116 Spe

Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
Protect

This Set enables him to 1- Hit hard 2- Survive common fight attacks (with 15 new fight types in gen 5, yeah, VERY common) Dragon Pulse is to keep him out longer, since Draco lowers your Sp.Atk by 2 every time.

Rated on request, i think

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Alright. Team has been edited; I'm now focusing on getting a speed boost out of Tailwind to take advantage of slower mons' sweeping potential. Edits are underlined. Noticeable is the addition of Eelektross and Crustle. Special thanks to DragonMaster123 for a good rate and solid suggestions and PokeMaster366 for inspiring me to try Eely.

Rate away ^_^

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

Countering the genies is a job you might want to leave to your other pokes aside from Amoonguss, and also, like DragonMaster said,

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GIVING AMOONGUSS A RECOVERY ITEM OR BRIGHTPOWDER INSTEAD OF A COBA BERRY!? DO YOU WANT TORNADUS TO BLOW A HOLE IN HIS HEAD!? IF YOU DON'T, USE A COBA BERRY!

Speaking of your Haxy problem, you're scarfed Hydreigon from before would be ample for dealing w/ Haxorus since Hydreigon trolls Haxorus w/ Base Speed 98 < 97. All you need is Dragon Pulse to take him out. The same can be said about enemy Hydreigon. All it takes is a Dragon Pulse w/ max Sp. Atk, max Speed set and Timid nature to take him out. I'm just pointing out options. What you do with your team is your call, not mine.

On to Crustle. Sturdy kind of defeats the purpose of the White Herb and the Life Orb defeats the purpose of having Sturdy. It feels like, with Crustle's arrival, the item clause is killing you since a Sturdy Shell Smasher's 2 favorite items are the Mental Herb and the Lum Berry, which are both in the hands of TerraCott. I know he's a Psychic counter, but most Psychics in 5th gen are too focused on setting up TR, so that leaves only the Dark type counter list, which begins and ends at Hydreigon, and Carracosta does a better job of killing the Genies with Rock Slide since he has access to a priority move as well and is not weak to Rock attacks.

Good work on raising the Whimsicott and Eely even though Specs limit your options.

Going off topic here, does anyone know how to deal with trolls? I think "farfan" has been trolling me.

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Countering the genies is a job you might want to leave to your other pokes aside from Amoonguss, and also, like DragonMaster said,

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GIVING AMOONGUSS A RECOVERY ITEM OR BRIGHTPOWDER INSTEAD OF A COBA BERRY!? DO YOU WANT TORNADUS TO BLOW A HOLE IN HIS HEAD!? IF YOU DON'T, USE A COBA BERRY!

Speaking of your haxy problem, you're scarfed Hydreigon from before would be ample for dealing w/ Haxorus since Hydreigon trolls Haxorus w/ Base Speed 98 < 97. All you need is Dragon Pulse to take him out. The same can be said about enemy Hydreigon. All it takes is a Dragon Pulse w/ max Sp. Atk, max Speed set and Timid nature to take him out. I'm just pointing out options. What you do with your team is your call, not mine.

Good work on raising the Whimsicott.

Going off topic here, does anyone know how to deal with trolls? I think "farfan" has been trolling me.
Ok, ok, I'll use Lefties. I'm fairly good at making reads off of Team Preview, so Amoongus is going to be sidelined if Tornadus pops up anyway.

Haxorus isn't a problem, but as the only Unova poke with Mold Breaker off the top of my head he is the best check to any Eelektross, so I took that into consideration for items/speed, etc. to get the OHKO.I'm also crossing my fingers for a DD on the first turn or just dumb players.

PokeMaster366

Ok, ok, I'll use Lefties. I'm fairly good at making reads off of Team Preview, so Amoongus is going to be sidelined if Tornadus pops up anyway.

Haxorus isn't a problem, but as the only Unova poke with Mold Breaker off the top of my head he is the best check to any Eelektross, so I took that into consideration for items/speed, etc. to get the OHKO.I'm also crossing my fingers for a DD on the first turn or just dumb players.

Oh. Okay. I'm still on the fence about that Scarfed Hydreigon to save you a Haxy headache from him and other Hydreigon. Meh, Thunderus has always been a jerk to a lot of teams, and he'll troll almost your whole team as much as Farfan trolls me. Luckily, I have an immunity to troll logic/abuse. XD

Right now, I feel like Brook from One Piece whenever he says one of his skull jokes.

Last edited: