• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly Wifi Tournament RMT- New to Doubles

iStorm

Okay so I decided to enter the tournament and I'm in. The thing is I'm practically brand new to Doubles and have like no experience at this, but tried to do some research in this style. I tried to make a team that I thought would seem decent, it's not like I expect to do amazing but I'd like a decent shot at not losing every battle. So please bear with me, as this may seem like a jumble of random Pokemon.

Kojondo_by_xous54-d34frc0.png

Mienshao @ Focus Sash/
Regenerator
Jolly 6HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard/ Feint
- Rock Slide/Detect

The idea here is to Fake Out what I believ will either be the biggest threat to get the flinch and some damage, to prevent stuff like Rage Powder or Trick Room. Drain Punch is for STAB and a method of recovery. The toss up is in the last two moves. Either Wide Guard to protect against potential Rock Slides, Surfs, Heatwaves etc or Feint to try and damage those that go for Protect or Detect. Rock Slide was to hit both enemies while Detect would let me prevent any damage and stall out Tailwind or Trick Room. If I'd go for Detect, I would take it over Protect in case of Imprison.

200px-567Archeops.png

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Defeatist
Jolly 6HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-Crunch/Taunt
-Protect/Quick Attack

Acrobatics is devastating coming from Archeops, especially with the boost of Flying Gem. Even without the Flying Gem Acrobatics is very useful as many of the Pokemon in the tournament are weak to Flying. STAB Rock Slide is useful to hit both opponents and cripples those weak to it. Taunt is used to help shutdown Trick Room users and any others that rely on non-damaging moves. While Crunch would let Archeops hit Psychic-Types and Ghost-Types hard. A little iffy on Taunt as Archeops is fairly frail and has a horrible ability that will half his Attack once his health drops below 50%. Protect is an option to try and keep Archeops around as long as possible and to stall out Trick Room and Tailwind should they be in effect. While Quick Attack would be a priority to potentially finish off Focus Sashers or any other Pokemon low on health.

143px-642Thundurus.png

Thundurus @ Life Orb/Charti Berry
Prankster
Timid 6 HP/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt/ Discharge
- Protect
- Taunt/Thunder Wave

Hidden Power Ice is used to hit any Dragons, Grass-types or Ground-types that are immune to Thunderbolt. STAB Thunderbolt is used for a strong stab. Not entirely sure whether to go with Thunderbolt or Discharge. Discharge has a higher chance for paralysis and hits both opponents, but also Thundurus' ally if they don't use Protect/Detect. While Thunderbolt is stronger and hits only one opponent at a time. Protect is kinda obvious, to keep Thundurus around an extra turn or stall out Tailwind or Trick Room. Taunt can be used in the same way as Archeops would use it; to shut down set-up users. Thunder Wave would let me slow down the opponent, and would be a pain to any Tailwind users. With the item I'm not sure if I should use Life Orb to boost Thundurus' attacking power or Charti Berry to better deal with Rock Slides.

20110215162329%21609Chandelure.png

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid 6HP/252 SpA/ 252 Spe
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Hidden Power Ice is useful to hit the Dragons and Landorus. Both of Chandelures STABS are there to hit the opponent hard. Shadow Ball allows Chandelure to hurt the Psychic and Ghost-types hard enough, and Heat Wave is useful in hitting both opponents. Energy Ball is there to hit any Water-types.

Hydreigon.png

Hydreigon@ Chople Berry
Levitate
Modest 140 HP/252 SpA/ 116 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Chople Berry lets Hydreigon fare better against a Fighting Attack. The 116 Speed Evs let Hydreigon outspeed max speed neutral natured Chandelure and 252 Special Attack Evs are there to max out his attacking power. The rest are dumped into HP. Not sure if I should run 252 Speed Eves instead of 140 HP and 116 Speed. I chose STAB Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor since its more reliable and doesn't lower Special Attack. Dark Pulse is for the pesky Psychics and Ghosts, which tend to be Trick Room users. Protect, as always lets Hydreigon survive another turn or stall out Tailwind or Trick Room. Flamethrower is for coverage.

20101209021506%21503Samurott.png

Samurott@ Muscle Band/Leftovers/Life Orb
Torrent
Adamant 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet
- Detect

STAB Aqua Jet is used for priority and becomes much more powerful after a Swords Dance is set up. Megahorn allows Samurott to hurt Grass or Psychic types hard. Detect is kind of the same reason as why all other Pokemon carry it or Protect: to prevent taking a hit, allowing it to survive another turn and to stall out Trick Room and Tailwind. Not entirely sure on the items. Leftovers is to allow Samurott to recover some health each turn. Muscle Band would boost Samurott's moves by 10% since it's a physical set. Life Orb would be used only if Thundurus uses a Charti Berry due to pesky Item Clause.

So yeah that's a team I scrambled together. I do notice that the team is rather weak to Ice and Rock. I'm not entirely sure if this works well, as I said I have little experience in double battles. So thanks for reading it, and please tear this team apart if it helps me improve it. Allons-y.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Some Earthquake users would work well since as of now half your team won't take friendly fire.

Mienshao IMO should always hold a Life Orb and U-Turn when having Regenerator.

iStorm

Some Earthquake users would work well since as of now half your team won't take friendly fire.

Mienshao IMO should always hold a Life Orb and U-Turn when having Regenerator.

I've already got two potential Life Orb users, and I think I'd like to keep it between those two.

What possible Earthquake users would work well? Any suggestions?