• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Blatantly copy / pasting from Smogon because I'm lazy.

Havok said:
news_top_pgl_autumn_firendly_en.jpg

A tournament has been announced to take place over Wi-Fi. It will go by the name of the 'Autumn Friendly' and registration will open via the Global Battle Union website on October 12th, 2011 and last until October 19th, 2011. However, there are only 10,000 spots available. The tournament will begin on October 20th and end on October 24th. The Battle Box and Battle Tournament features will be utilised. The rules are currently listed as the same as the VGC 2011 rules - Unova Pokémon only, with Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom and the currently unobtainable Event Pokémon banned. Double Battles.

As far as I can tell, it's for all regions.

(If this would be better suited to the GBU forum, feel free to move).

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_a...ly-2011-10-06/

Nintendo is hosting a global wifi tournament with 10,000 entries. That's pretty crazy considering we can all play from our own homes.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I Want Full Art Of That Emboar.

Strange how the other 2 seem to have their stock DW art, while Emboar gets it's own art.

I wonder how many hacked pokemon are going to bypass the filter?

Though only Unova Pokemon means a Non-Weather based Metagame :3

LinksOcarina

The true master
I might as well try...I don't have anything properly trained yet though...but I have a hard hitting Garchomp and Empoleon Combination.

LinksOcarina

The true master
In that case I better start training Dieno...

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Looks like it's time to EV train Terrakion and Whimsicott...

This should be fun (as long as ragequitters are penalized). Only problem is that I don't have too much experience with Doubles.

Zachmac

I probably won't enter, I'm busy working on a rotation battle team, and it usually take me more then 13 days to make a team...If I do join, I'll probably make a trick room team. Reuniclus and Cofagarus look good for that, and they have a lot of slow pokemon this gen.

Looks like it's time to EV train Terrakion and Whimsicott...
Hold it, I called that combo first.

Edit: Is their a sleep clause? Trick room spore amoongus. :D

BellyDrum

I'm busy currently training Pokemon for my Extra Life battles, and it just figures none of them are Unova! Haha. Well, looks like I need to get focused on some alternates!

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
This seems interesting I might just have to throw together a VGC team to participate, considering most of the people entering are probably not gonna be great players everyone has a pretty good shot at moving forward a good deal.

Soperman

The One and Only
It says it's only Unova pokemon :3

What? What is this? I have a grand total of One level 100 Unova poke, and it isnt even EV trained T_T
Oh well, this seems like a tournament for people who dont normally play competitively. Introduction to competitive battling.

hmm... If the wi-fi at my college behaves, I might enter, though I'm quite failtastic at competitive. That and I need to make up a team besides my Mienshao...

PokeMaster366

If anyone wants any advice about VGC doubles, or wants to know the most common threats and maybe their counters, just ask me about it.

Casty

Awesome, I love doubles =) Too bad about the 10000 spots though, I won't be surprised if the servers crash due to overload.

Psycho Cut

Looks fun, I'll be entering.

Like Kaiser Soze said, there better be some punishment for ragequitters!!

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Yeah!

Now's my chance to use all my cool shiny pokemon for something!!! XD