• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Asrialys

I've been having a lot of fun in the tourney so far! I'm 8-1, and only had 2 ragequits. ^_^ But I can't find anywhere on the web as to how the points are calculated per victories and losses. Does anyone else have the foggiest idea?
It could be similar to how ratings are done for the Pokemon TCG.

Points = k-value * (outcome - win expectancy)

win expectancy = 1/(1 + 10^((opponent's rating - your rating)/400))

K-value is a constant. The higher the number, the more points are at stake. Outcome is 1 for your win and 0 for your loss.

I had a rating of 1482 when I beat someone with 1594. Because of the delay in real-time rating, I can only assume that my rating went up 21 (to 1503) points when I won and that my previous matches were already accounted for.

If this is all true, then the K-value of this tournament is 32, which is pretty large. However, I've only tried this for one match. I'll need to do the calculations a few more times to confirm this.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
i hate how i lost 2 of my matches one of them reuniclus focus blast misses and i lose =/
and the second was filled with haxs against me my reuniclus focus blast missed once again and it dies and my opponent used protect twice in a row a bit lucky there he avoids my ferrothorn power whip and gets to use focus blast 3 times in a row without missing i mean come on i feel i got cheated and focus blast always misses on the first turn in 13 games i have use it -___- i have no luck what so ever

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Well great, I just lost my last match thanks to the opponent's Golurk's Quick Claw activating, costing me my Chandelure with my Hydreigon soon to follow due to a Hammer Arm (his other pokemon was Mienshao, so I was bound to lose thanks to that).

bomberboy57

Pokemon Trainer
i thought there was penalties to ragequits.... i have had 5 opponents do so.... those being my first 5 matches as well... :/

Asrialys

i thought there was penalties to ragequits.... i have had 5 opponents do so.... those being my first 5 matches as well... :/
Too many quits for one person will get that person a penalty. It's not like you know how many times they've done it. And who knows if they ever completely read the rules.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
How many matches do you have to do?
As many as you want really, it's just like normal Ratings mode.

I'm at 4-6, 1475 points... I'm going to go ahead and stop for now since I'm losing so badly. Maybe I'll do better after a break.
I also think I should probably get a Choice Scarf Jellicent...

Pikawho?

(five15)
Points = k-value * (outcome - win expectancy)

win expectancy = 1/(1 + 10^((opponent's rating - your rating)/400))

K-value is a constant. The higher the number, the more points are at stake. Outcome is 1 for your win and 0 for your loss.

Just learned this in my POKE392 course (Pokemon probability and statistics). Pretty impressive stuff. =P

Welp. Just got back from mah classes. I was gonna battle until the battery ran out, but after 10 minutes of searching, I've gotten nobody....

Rating: 1514
Record: 1-0-0-1 (last slot signifying opponent rage quits)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is there any way to know if anyone's on? My game's been searching for an opponent for about 10 minutes & so far I've got nothing

Well, I'm having a great time so far. 1589 after 14 matches, only one person has ragequit on me (although I've lost connection a couple of times, too), and I've had a good few really fun matches. I'm using Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Scrafty, Haxorus, Cinccino and Reuniclus. As long as I end up with my rating over 1500 at the end, I'll be happy knowing I won more than I lost...

I do feel really guilty for one of my wins, though. It was my Ferrothorn vs his Terrakion, we were both down to sod all HP. He finished me off with Close Combat, but Iron Barbs took his last bit of health and I was given the win. Sorry, that guy I beat. You wuz robbed.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Son of a... I just met my first rage quitter. I knocked out his Cofagrigus, got mummy, his Burned Conkeldurr attacked, it got mummy, ruining guts, and he quit. I hope I don't see to many rage quitters...

Ugh, having said I had only had one ragequitter so far, I just had two in a row. I should've kept my mouth shut, I have clearly jinxed myself.

Sorry, I mean Jynx'd :)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
YES!! YES!!! YES!!! I just one my first battle. I don't know if you're out there Yoshi but good game!

Also, if you lose a match, are you out of the competition?

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
i stall a opponent and it was about 6 or 5 mins left and the game ended and i won lol i don't get why it ended i though it was till it ended that they decided a winner
he had a tornadus and foongus but i killed his tornadus and stall to recover my ferrothorn back to green

Asrialys

i stall a opponent and it was about 6 or 5 mins left and the game ended and i won lol i don't get why it ended i though it was till it ended that they decided a winner
he had a tornadus and foongus but i killed his tornadus and stall to recover my ferrothorn back to green
Maybe your opponent hit the run button?

They probably forfeit. If you choose the run option, it gives your opponent the win.