• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I feel like a complete jerk. I've been turning off my DS for a chunk of my matches because I've been close to loosing constantly. Yes, I've been one of those horrible scum bags who don't deserve to be considered a pokemon trainer, but at least I admit it. I only wish I could apologize to all of the trainers who were so close to beating me. It's just that every time I try to strategize before a battle I I panic because I either hate it when I get sweeped & I don't want to lose any points, & now it's been getting worse that I've been getting in a bad losing streek . I know I'm venting, & some people may call it BSing, & I know I should suck up & taking losing with dignity, but I wish I knew what to do as far as strategisng

I feel like a complete jerk. I've been turning off my DS for a chunk of my matches because I've been close to loosing constantly. Yes, I've been one of those horrible scum bags who don't deserve to be considered a pokemon trainer, but at least I admit it. I only wish I could apologize to all of the trainers who were so close to beating me. It's just that every time I try to strategize before a battle I I panic because I either hate it when I get sweeped & I don't want to lose any points, & now it's been getting worse that I've been getting in a bad losing streek . I know I'm venting, & some people may call it BSing, & I know I should suck up & taking losing with dignity, but I wish I knew what to do as far as strategisng

Ooh, you are a terrible human being, sir. Terrible.

Buuut...at least you have the decency to feel bad about it. Bear in mind they are planning to penalise quitters in some way, so you might be better just sucking up the losses in the long run. Take a break, don't panic about stuff, and just enjoy yourself. That's what we're all supposed to be doing, after all. Better luck tomorrow, man :)

shrek

Just had a real fun battle, was facing a team that looked really similar 2 mine. It was really close right to the end.

As for how I'm doing I think I'm 5-0 but in 2 separate games its says I've lost connection to.the other player but only after the game finished so I think they still count

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Okay; I've played 20 fights now, and time to jot down the fights for the day, as well as records. See if I fought you! I think I did fight a guy named Interi...

15-5 (4 disconnectors)
Shiny Pokemon Encountered: 10
Rating: 1569 (Not updated yet, should be higher.)

DAY 1:

Battle 1: Rick (Roughneck M)
USA Pennsylvania
“Do you think OLD MAN can SELFDESTRUCT?”
FROZE

Battle 1: Kata (Breeder M)
USA Ohio
Archeops, Accelgor, Excadrill, Escavalier, Landorus, Gigalith
LOSS 0-2, Earth by Landorus to Gigalith

Battle 2: THOMAS (Ranger M)
???
Chandelure, Whimsicott, Jellicent, Haxorus, Larvesta, Samurott
WIN 4-0, Crunch by RedNBlumon to Jellicent

Battle 3: Juan (Youngster M)
Spain, Madrid
“I can do anything for Alakazam!”
Terrakion *shiny*, Krookodile, Tornadus *shiny*, Cryogonal, Seismitoad, Volcarona
WIN 4-0, Giga Drain by Lacta to Seismitoad

Battle 4: Victor (Breeder M)
Spain Catalonia
“I want to Castform with Color Change!”
Vanilluxe, Scrafty, Hydreigon, Galvantula, Gigalith, Darmanitan
WIN 4-0, Stone Edge by Krystalith to Darmanitan

(1532) Battle 5: Hiro (Ace M)
Japan Tokyo
“Floatzel is the reason for fighting.”
Amoonguss *shiny*, Landorus, Thundurus *shiny*, Tornadus, Terrakion, Scrafty
LOSS 0-2, Acrobatics by Tornadus to Lilandra

Battle 6: Ardon (Ace Trainer M)
Sweden Norrbotten
“What do you think of power?”
Mienshao, Zebstrika, Volcarona, Serperior, Cobalion, Lilligant
WIN 3-0, Superpower by RedNBluMon to Cobalion

Battle 7: Inferi (Ace Trainer M?)
USA CA
???
Jellicent, Whimsicott, Thundurus, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Terrakion
WIN 3-0, Iron Head by Hatchet to Jellicent

(1552)Battle 8: Manolo (Preschooler M)
Spain Andalusia
Krokorok, Tynamo, Pignite, Servine, Basculin, Solosis
WIN 4-0, Giga Drain by Lacta to Krokorok

(1564)Battle 9: Shingo
???
Basculin, Amoonguss, Krookodile, Tornadus, Chandelure, Cinccino
WIN 2-0, Scald by Gellyona to Krookodile

(1580)Battle 10: SHADOW (Youngster M)
???
Liepard, Simisage, Samurott, Stoutland, Audino, Hydreigon *hacked shiny, caught in Cherish Ball*
WIN 3-0, Superpower by RedNBlumon to Liepard

Battle 11: Sam (Ace Trainer F) Hacker?
New York, USA
“Please! Thundurus.”
Serperior *shiny*, Eelektross, Hydreigon *shiny*, Swanna, Mienshao, Archeops
LOSS 0-2, Dragon Claw by Archeops to RedNBlumon

(1569)Battle 12: Gabe
Brazil, Sao Paulo
“Hello! I’ve arrived!”
Ferrothorn, Thundurus, Terrakion, Darmanitan, Haxorus, Hydreigon
WIN 3-0, Rock Slide by Krystalith to Darmanitan

(1581)Battle 13: JOSH
Canada Nova Scotia
“My favorite color change is Haxorus!”
D/C before Pokemon Select

(1581) Battle 13: ROD
Delaware, USA
D/C before Pokemon Select

(1581)Battle 13: Matthew (Ranger M)
Washington, USA
“I win! Hydro Cannon!”
Cobalion, Hydreigon, Zoroark, Basculin, Unfezant, Samurott
WIN 4-0, Scald by Gellyona to Cobalion

(1591)Battle 14: Sky (Ace M)
New York, USA
“It might be useless already…”
Hydreigon, Eelektross *shiny*, Archeops, Excadrill, Bisharp, Chandelure (Lol, Quick Claw, then failed Inferno)
D/C, about to lose

(1591)Battle 14: Million
Texas, USA
“Do you think power split can power swap?”
Braviary, Zoroark, Archeops, Golurk, Chandelure, Beartic
WIN 4-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Beartic

(1605)Battle 15: BRIANNA (Scientist F)
Texas, USA
“I wonder if baby is yummy…”
Terrakion, Chandelure, Bisharp, Haxorus, Thundurus, Amoonguss
LOSS 0-4, Death by Poison to RedNBlumon

Battle 16: JORDAN (Ace M)
Canada Ontario
Virizion, Zoroark, Thundurus, Haxorus (use Dig)
LOSS 0-2, Dragon Claw by Haxorus to Hatchet (shameful critical hits)

(1590)Battle 17: Sentry (Ace M)
Mexico
I love Pokemon! I love girl, too!
Whimsicott, Reuniclus, Tornadus, Amoonguss, Bisharp *shiny*, Terrakion
LOSS 0-1, Acrobatics by Tornadus to RedNBlumon

(1569)Battle 18: AJ (Ace M)
Pennsylvania
Jellicent, Mienshao, Tornadus, Sawsbuck, Amoonguss, Haxorus *shiny*
WIN 3-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Tornadus

(1569)Battle 19: Jason (Ace M)
???
Gothitelle, Samurott, Accelgor, Haxorus, Thundurus, Volcarona
D/C about to lose

(1569)Battle 19: Toya (Ace M)
1509?
Georgia USA
“The reason for me is wins!”
Scarfty, Reuniclus, Samurott, Musharna, Hydreigon, Volcarona
WIN 3-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Volcarona

Battle 20: Z (Youngster M)
California
“Want a Victini? Here’s a hint: Color Change!”
Emboar, Haxorus, Braviary, Exacdrill, Carracosta, Simisage
WIN 3-0, Hidden Power by Lilandra to Haxorus

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Just beat someone with a 1700+ rating ^_^

EDIT: I'm pretty sure after my 21st match I'm above my benchmark of the day of breaking 1600. I was ranked 1595 before my last win.

Zachmac

Is it likely that they will be holding a similar tournament in the future? I hope so, I've found a lot of improvements in my team I could make, like replacing my beheeyem with musharna.

I'm probably not going to win, but I'm doing pretty good so far. I've won like 80 percent of my battles, at the very least, but I'm still struggling at about 1,600 points, and I've seen someone with about 1,800.
I think if you lose connection to many times, you'll get a penalty.

The only time I've ever done that was when a drifblim started spamming minimize on random matchup.

Arande

Gonna call it for tonight, probably do some more tomorrow morning after my class from 9-10. 12-3 with ~1615.

I know I'm going slow and all. Just remember when random rankings first started I got to 1650 on my black for rotations and thought just one more fight. Promptly went down to 1575 4 matches later XD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I freaking hate Landorus and Thunderous!! They appear in almost every battle & they sweep me every time!!! Now that I'm accepting losing & not turning off my DS, I NEED a strategy to beat them. I know I don't deserve it, but I need help to beat Landorus and Thunderus with the pokemon & moves I currently have. This is my team:
:503: Male @ Expert Belt/ Razor Shell, Surf, Dragon Tail, Revenge
:523:Male @ None-Lightning Rod/ Discharge, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Thunder Wave
:560:Male @ None-Shed Skin/ Brick Break, Crunch, High Jump Kick, Poison Jab
:567:Male @ Shell Bell/ U-Turn, Fly, Ancient Power, Dragon Breath
:609: Female @ Shadow Tag-Flash Fire/ Hex, Will-o-Wisp, Inferno, Psychic
:526: Female @ Hard Stone/ Smack Down, Bulldoze, Stone Edge, Attract

Arande

If you asked before the tourney, could ahve helped you. But can't think of much with those movesets :/

Against my better jdugement, trying a few more matches. at 1614 and got paired vs someone 1389. Why matchup want me to risk 7x the points I'd gain from win D:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Well this morning started out good, I got on and beat four high ranked trainers easily and shot my rank up to 1620. Then I got back on later in the afternoon. Big mistake. Came up against what looked like an easy win (no suedo-legendaries, just a Beartic and Zebstrika to start) then I got walled and 3-0'd (Beartic and F-ing Zebstrika!) I don't know how these survived my hits so well. I killed the Beartic but then came a Throh, and my team was too far gone at that point. I had 3 losses in a row following that and it just kept going downhill from there. I got locked in to a "gotta get my rank back up" frenzy and kept making stupid mistakes that cost me easy wins, until I finally put the DS down and took a break (In retrospect I should have done this after that first loss, I can't help but think "Ye gods man! What on earth was going through your head?" when I recall some of my goof ups.) I picked it up later and scraped up some wins, but was robbed by some hax misses and critcal hits (3 in a row, from 3 different pokes, really now!?) so I'm pretty much back at square one. W23 L21 with 6 disconnects. Rating: 1502. Might try to squeeze in another battle or two before bed.

EDIT: If you see someone from Washington with the Trainers Quote: "I have no trouble dealing with SURPRISE.", yo that's me. I also have an Audino on my team, I may be the only one with one; I haven't seen any others. You can bet I'm re-thinking that choice! XD

Zachmac

^While we're doing that, I'm Zach from Arizona, and I'm saying "I have no trouble dealing with beat up". I've made much better teams before though, I was low on time and just used some pokemon I already had.

Is it likely for there to be a winter-friendly or something with the same rules later?
I freaking hate Landorus and Thunderous!! They appear in almost every battle & they sweep me every time!!! Now that I'm accepting losing & not turning off my DS, I NEED a strategy to beat them. I know I don't deserve it, but I need help to beat Landorus and Thunderus with the pokemon & moves I currently have. This is my team:
Male @ Expert Belt/ Razor Shell, Surf, Dragon Tail, Revenge
Male @ None-Lightning Rod/ Discharge, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Thunder Wave
Male @ None-Shed Skin/ Brick Break, Crunch, High Jump Kick, Poison Jab
Male @ Shell Bell/ U-Turn, Fly, Ancient Power, Dragon Breath
Female @ Shadow Tag-Flash Fire/ Hex, Will-o-Wisp, Inferno, Psychic
Female @ Hard Stone/ Smack Down, Bulldoze, Stone Edge, Attract
Samurott+Zebstrika to take down Thunderus. If it uses an electrical attack, Zebstrika will get a boost. Gigalith's attract will effect them, since they have a 100% chance of being male. On top of that, Gigalith will do a lot of damage to Thunderus with stone edge.

AsuraXMidnyteSun

Midnight Sun
So far, I stand erect with a solid 3-0. I told myself that I would play at least one match a night, as I'm currently preoccupied with Riviera: The Promised Land.

Unfortunately, I've had a pretty bad experience thus far. I've yet to encounter a rage-quitter, but the lack creativity in these teams makes up for that. I know we're all limited, using only Unova Pokemon and all, but must every team use the exact same strategy? Spore/Rage Powder Amoongus coupled with a Trick Room Jellicent is just sickening. I know Pokesav is running rampant these days, but how soulless and unoriginal can a person be to deliberately hack a Smogon template AND max their IVs? I pity the fool who inevitably crosses paths with his doppelganger. Now THAT would be a boring match.

Speaking of uninspired teams, I battled this player using very generic-looking Pokemon and strategies ripped straight from Smogon. My Modest Thundurus 1HKO'd his Scarfed Chandelure with Thunderbolt--using an Electric Gem--after taking a Heat Wave. He spent a good 30 seconds selecting his next Pokemon, as if still in a state of shock. I sure wish I could have looked at his face when it happened, too. He'd utter to himself:

"That's ridiculous! Timid Thundurus can't 1HKO Chandelure! How!?"

Not Timid, dumbass! Absolutely priceless.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
:503: Male @ Expert Belt/ Razor Shell, Surf, Dragon Tail, Revenge
:523:Male @ None-Lightning Rod/ Discharge, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Thunder Wave
:560:Male @ None-Shed Skin/ Brick Break, Crunch, High Jump Kick, Poison Jab
:567:Male @ Shell Bell/ U-Turn, Fly, Ancient Power, Dragon Breath
:609: Female @ Shadow Tag-Flash Fire/ Hex, Will-o-Wisp, Inferno, Psychic
:526: Female @ Hard Stone/ Smack Down, Bulldoze, Stone Edge, Attract

That whole team needs some work. The only thing that would make me nervous there is the Scrafty (Of course that could be because it's a counter to my team, a very common one as I'm now discovering.) . After the tournament, replace Ancientpower and Dragonbreath on Archeops with Rock Slide and Dragon Claw for starters. On Chandelure, either slap on a Wide Lens or trade out Inferno for a more accurate fire move. Maybe trade out Smack Down for Explosion on Gigalith, if it's teamed up with Chandelure you can fire Explosion without any colateral damage (Except Gigalith fainting, of course). Oh, and throw some items on Zebstrika and Scrafty.

Arande

That's cause amoogus is this gen's togekiss in double battles. It's not a new strategy, just an effective one. And speaking of which, just had a match where someone was also using an amoogus. Yes my TR team can fight without TR :p

and btw, using that blob instead of jellicent. You people and your silly scraftys and ferrothorns.

and to add to the above, acrobatics on archeops w a gem. One shots almost anything, even amoogus.
To below, yes, using one myself for my TR team. Send it out when it ends, and enjoy :D

Now I'm calling it anight with 2 more wins and a rage quit for 14-3 and 2 rq. Think I'll poke at the battle videos to see if others ahve uploaded some, just to get a feel what others are using.

Zachmac

^I use an Archeops like that in practically every battle these days....I just won my last battle using it and boufalant, against someone with 1,700+ points.

Next time they have a tournament like this, I'm going to use a bulky offense team, that has both a trick roomer and a speedy dual screener. That way I can choose which one depending on my enemy. I'm not using that right now, though. I hadn't though of it yet.

My boufalant won me tons of battles.

AsuraXMidnyteSun

Midnight Sun
That's cause amoogus is this gen's togekiss in double battles. It's not a new strategy, just an effective one. And speaking of which, just had a match where someone was also using an amoogus. Yes my TR team can fight without TR :p

Oh really? I had no idea Togekiss learned Spore on top of Follow Me...

Amoongus is slow enough to thrive in Trick Room and pull off a Spore at the start of the second turn. Yes, Rage Powder is virtually the same as Follow Me; I get that. But Amoongus works much, much, ten-thousand light-years better in a Trick Room team than Togekiss. Not only is Trick Room ensured, but if you don't get a Taunt down, you're going straight to sleep. Comparing Amoongus to Togekiss for Trick Room support is like comparing Batman to Robin.

Age-old strategy? Sure. Is it even more broken this time around? Hell yes! Shall we all centralize the metagame around assuming Trick Room will be in effect? Best slap both your lead Pokemon with a Lum and Chesto Berry to be safe. Borrrrring!

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Guys, you can't change your team in the middle of the tournament or it will disqualify you.

You hav some pokemon with potential, but I'm afraid first of all you gave a lot of them rather weak moves. Case in point your Archeops would be beasting if you gave it Rock Slide. The majority of strategy comes before, not during, the battle.

For future help, feel free to wander around the competitive section, especially to get stronger for the next tournament!

froggy25

I know & I hate it every time I shut my DS off. I don't mind losing it just gets irritating when I lose every single match & knowing I'd probably have only 1 point by now

I really hope you get banned, people like you make other players waste both their time and their efforts because you deny them a win and thus their deserved reward.

Zachmac

^I think he said he stopped it earlier. Anyway, I faced a rage quitter earlier, and their score was less then 1,500, therefore less then the default. The punishment is a drop in score, not a ban.

Anyway, the fact that you can't change your team seams like a pretty stupid rule to me. What's the point?