• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Arande

jeez, don't need to get all grumpy about it. Was more remembering the scarf/banded chomp w togekiss duos and the like. If TR really was giving you that much of a problem, why not a chanelure or Reuniclus w imprison? heck, throw in shadow ball and psychic and lol at enemy mushama/their own reuniclus. Bit late now, but still.

imprison TR, then heat wave/fire blast or psychic it next turn, whichever you were using. Their TR fails, meanwhile your 2nd poke is free to do whatever.

edit: just to throw this out there. Your matches do appear on your GBU match history. Just in case you want to grab the names of the people you have fought and missed it on your DS.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I always use taunt to stop TR.

Doesn't really work when the TR Pokemon has a Mental Herb though. You basically give them a free turn to set up that Trick Room.

But if it's been working for you, then I guess my team's just weird. haha.

Zachmac

Doesn't really work when the TR Pokemon has a Mental Herb though. You basically give them a free turn to set up that Trick Room.
I have two taunters. :D

And if not that, Archeops can OHKO Chandalure, Reuniclus, Musharna, and Jellicent. It's also immune to EQ, and has STAB rock slide. I know, I'm biased.

froggy25

You "just" have to survive 4 turns against TR. In Unova-only with Amonguss and/or Volcarona @rage powder, some huge priority users (Conkeldurr for example), and Protect on several Poké, it should not be a problem.
And if you really have serious issues against TR, Chandelure @Imprison could be an effective answer.

In fact, TR is quite bad in Unova-only, imo.

Zachmac

^Oh, it's actually pretty good. They added some pretty bulky/slow pokemon this gen(like the Conkeldurr you mentioned). You just have to think about TR when you make your team in order to beat it, but that's how most double battle teams work.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
You "just" have to survive 4 turns against TR. In Unova-only with Amonguss and/or Volcarona @rage powder, some huge priority users (Conkeldurr for example), and Protect on several Poké, it should not be a problem.
And if you really have serious issues against TR, Chandelure @Imprison could be an effective answer.

In fact, TR is quite bad in Unova-only, imo.
^Oh, it's actually pretty good. They added some pretty bulky/slow pokemon this gen(like the Conkeldurr you mentioned). You just have to think about TR when you make your team in order to beat it, but that's how most double battle teams work.

Yeah, I agree with Zachmac on this one. I personally use Trick Room and I'm doing pretty ok, although I'm still 9-1.

Honestly, from the battle's I've had using this team (not in the Autumn Friendly), Trick Room works best when it's limited to Unova only. Once you've worked your way around Anti-TR teams, Unova Pokemon don't really have a good way of stopping a Trick Room. And in a double battle, where everything is almost two times as fast as in a regular battle, 4 turns is A LONG time. More than enough time to take your Pokemon down. Most of my battles end on the 5th or 6th turn.

Put a Mental Herb on your TR Pokemon, max out its defenses, and partner it with a Fake Out, and your TR can survive almost anything Unova Pokemon throw at it. At the very least, your TR Pokemon will survive long enough to use TR.

And if you're going up against a fellow TR team, allow them to set up the TR and set yourself up. I personally Reflect and Bulk Up to ensure survival, and if they don't set up TR, my Pokemon will be faster than them. This might particularly work for me only because I didn't IV breed them to the extent that I looked for the Pokemon with the least IVs in speed; I just wanted the stats I needed to have 27-31 IVs to be happy.

But Trick Rooms are pretty good, stopping TerraCott from outspeeding you and allowing you to take out that Terrakion (which is normally what'll won a match for you).

Maybe TR won't guarantee a 100% win ratio, it works well enough to keep you pretty up there (since almost everyone's trying to make their Pokemon fast.)

I have two taunters. :D

And if not that, Archeops can OHKO Chandalure, Reuniclus, Musharna, and Jellicent. It's also immune to EQ, and has STAB rock slide. I know, I'm biased.

Again, if it works. You'd have to waste a turn Taunting though, allowing its partner to set up OR get in a big hit against you. And if you pair with Fake Out, only one of your Pokemon will Taunt, allowing the Mental Herb to take affect and still set up TR.

Zachmac

Darn, I just found out You First works on pokemon using focus punch. Just lost to a Conkeldurr because of that.

froggy25

I think a video might be more explicative than words about why I think TR are not so good in this meta :
40-65423-53365

I survived 2 TRs despite unbelievable hax (Heatwave double misses, Rock Slide double flinches...). In fact, without the hax, my opponent wouldn't have had a single opportunity to set up TR.

There's also some other stong leads than the Volcarona + WhimsiTR in this video. Volcarona + ScarfSpout Jellycent is nearly an insta win against Chandelure + Mienshao, Conkeldurr is great under opponent's TR, and is not a dead weight if TR isn't up...

There are too many answers to TR in Unova-only imo.

Don't try to win against TR using moves like Taunt. Just be aggressive early game, if they still manage to set up TR have one pokémon use Rage Powder when the other need to attack, or play around Protect, do some mind game, switch on resistances, that is usually enough.

Zachmac

There are too many answers to TR in Unova-only imo.
Not if the TR is done well, I've seen a TR with 1,700+ points.
I think a video might be more explicative than words about why I think TR are not so good in this meta :
40-65423-53365
Erm, it looks like the trick room team won.
There's also some other stong leads than the Volcarona + WhimsiTR in this video. Volcarona + ScarfSpout Jellycent is nearly an insta win against Chandelure + Mienshao, Conkeldurr is great under opponent's TR, and is not a dead weight if TR isn't up...
A good TR team usually doesn't use Chandelure to set it up, and a good trick room team uses pokemon that don't rely 100% on it(Like Conkeldurr).

I'm not saying they are unstoppable, or that they should be banned, though.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I defeated the trainer who uses Beat up on his Terrakion to increase its attack 4 times that people were warning yesterday... I had Aqua jet boosted by water gem so that did the trick. Even so I barely won 1-0... I am currently 38W/5L just encountered 2 ragequitters... Oh I hate them!!!!!

froggy25

Erm, it looks like the trick room team won
Yeah, it seems also that without all the hax in this battle, it would have been easily won.

And still with the hax, if even ONE of the Rock Slides didn't flinch, I would have won.

So I still think the battle is interesting about how to counter Trick Room teams, and correct me if I'm wrong, I did no mistake in this battle =/

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Guys, you can't change your team in the middle of the tournament or it will disqualify you.

You hav some pokemon with potential, but I'm afraid first of all you gave a lot of them rather weak moves. Case in point your Archeops would be beasting if you gave it Rock Slide. The majority of strategy comes before, not during, the battle.

For future help, feel free to wander around the competitive section, especially to get stronger for the next tournament!

Thanks, although I'm not trying to change my team in the middle of the competition, I'm looking for combos & strategies to make do with what I have so that I can get off my losing streak, which was what caused me to rage quit so much yesterday.

I really hope you get banned, people like you make other players waste both their time and their efforts because you deny them a win and thus their deserved reward.
I already said I feel bad about it & I'm stopping it from this point forward, & I already wish I could apologize to every one I RQ'd on, but I do deserve everything you said. I'm the biggest scum ball on the planet

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wow, my combo of Golurk, Whimisicott, and Hydreigon works wonders. I've won 2 out of 3 battles so far.

jelzin

Well I'm having fun and all but those ragequitters should get struck by lightning, each and every one of them. period.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
I can't even finish a match anymore because everyone ragequits. It's ****ing ridiculous.

"players who disconnect frequently may be penalized" MY *** THEY WILL BE

Nintendo just sucks.

Skydra

Nintendo just sucks.

Stop playing their games then. And Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon, Game Freak does.

3 wins, 3 losses. Beat one terrible person using their playthrough team, and two other people with teams that might have been EVd. Then a few stronger people kicked my ***.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Stop playing their games then. No.
And Nintendo doesn't make Pokemon, Game Freak does. I know. I thought Nintendo were in control of the global union though.
I played for about 3 hours or so today, only 1 match did not end in a DC. Yes, I mad.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I've had my fair share of wins...

But has anyone experienced a problem where if Your 2 1st pokmn faint at the same time and you have to switch in your last 2 at the same time, For some reason U can't shift em and have to wait for the command time to run out for them to go in!

It's annoying!