• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Looks fun, I'll be entering.

Like Kaiser Soze said, there better be some punishment for ragequitters!!
I'm hoping I'm thinking realistically, but I think they would implement some way to where if you left a battle you auto lost (like the Battle facilities). I heard Masuda or some big GF boss likes to play RMs, so hopefully they're aware that it's a problem. And it's a freakin tournament, they can't troll us that much. Or can they?

So I'm thinking the best Whimsikion counter is a faster Terrakion...comments?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Looks fun, I'll be entering.

Like Kaiser Soze said, there better be some punishment for ragequitters!!

Yeah the punishment will probally be them moving up the ladder and you getting a loss.

The Meta is going to be Whimsicott, Terrakion, and Element-Genie heavy,

I'm crafting my team with taking out them as top priority.

PokeMaster366

Yeah the punishment will probally be them moving up the ladder and you getting a loss.

The Meta is going to be Whimsicott, Terrakion, and Element-Genie heavy,

I'm crafting my team with taking out them as top priority.

I'll try to go more in-depth about things.

You already know about the TerraCott combo, so I don't need to go into too much detail about that, but you're going to need someone that can take a +4 Rock Slide and hit back w/ a move that kills Terrakion.

With so many slow pokemon in 5th gen, Trick Room teams were very popular, so Reuniclus and Musharna are what to expect. There will be at least 1 or 2 times where you clearly expect Reuniclus, but people will just use Musharna anyway for extra defense since stall/Toxic teams are really, REALLY uncommon. Chandelure might be used once or twice for TR, but don't count on seeing him often. Jellicents are common for setting up TR as well since he doesn't care for Fake Out, so you'll need someone for Psychics and Ghosts in general.

Krookodile does a good job of handling the situations above pretty well. His Crunch attack puts Psychics and Ghosts in the deep red if it doesn't KO them. He can also cripple Tornadus, who is commonly seen with the Flying Gem Acrobatics and Prank Wind (insert smirk here), and Terrakion w/ Intimidate and take out Terrakion w/ Earthquake despite the damage drop for spread moves. You'll still want to watch out for Close Combat. You remember that Metal Burst Bisharp set I posted in that thread, right? That works decently and gives you the advantage of a priority Dark move, and people like Water Spout Jellicent, but the team you make is your call, not mine.

Thanks to the lack of entry hazards in doubles in general as well as the lack of weather, people will be going crazy w/ Max Speed, Focus Sash sets. Whimsicott will be using what I mentioned in the last sentence many times, so be careful. You'll also want to watch out for the fungus, Amoonguss, since he has Spore and Rage Powder.

This is basically what to expect out of some of the best players in this tournament. The rest are just semi-random teams. I hope this helped, and also, watch out for Thunderus. Prankster Taunt, Thunderbolt, and HP Ice/Flying make Thunderus almost unbearable, especially when he has the Electric Gem.

If anyone wants to ask me more about this sort of stuff, PM me with your questions.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
The second I saw this, I literally jumped out of my chair.

Worst part about living overseas; I cannot get into a Pokemon Tournament. And then this comes along. *saved*

I like, jumped around my room, pulled out my poster of the Unova Pokemon that came with the Pokedex Walkthrough Guide Volume 2 and started a process of elimination of the Pokemon I did and didn't want to use.

I am excited.

Victory

Banned
Ugh...I would enter but I am too busy to make a team...What do I do?!!!!

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
i might join it but need to make a unova team first

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Trick Room seems like the most versatile Option in this Meta, since 5th gen provide no shortage of slow, bulky, & powerful Pokemon. I'm Not going to miss the opportunity to test Escavalier, Cofagrigus, & friends.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I'm kicking myself now for not buying Black or White ever and just playing on PO.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
lol more people who think whimmsicott is good, I should invite my friends from smogon and laugh at you people
I lol that you don't know how hard justified Pokemon that have been beat up hit. Then there's the Encore priority combo as well. Or maybe Its the priority leech seed, sleep powder, taunt, etc.

PokeMaster366

lol more people who think whimmsicott is good, I should invite my friends from smogon and laugh at you people

What is it with you and Whimsicott. I can almost swear, you go on about how Whimsicott sucks more often than MugoUrth goes on about how a team of UU/RU pokemon can do great in OU.

@BulletProof

I didn't know you read my thread. Thank you for doing so.

I lol that you don't know how hard justified Pokemon that have been beat up hit. Then there's the Encore priority combo as well. Or maybe Its the priority leech seed, sleep powder, taunt, etc.

LMFAO I love how you people don't take a SECOND to think of the the most used move in OU, Taunt

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Here's the thing:
- A lot of it's strong counters are banned because they're non-Unovan
- It's Doubles, so you got a partner
- It's a bit gimmicky, but set up Tailwind, then Beat Up Terrakion, and you're faster than the genie trio.
- You're not trying to sweep with it, it's a suicide role.
- Absence of entry hazards

Not every metagame is the same Lucairo4repeating

Here's the thing:
- A lot of it's strong counters are banned because they're non-Unovan
- It's Doubles, so you got a partner
- It's a bit gimmicky, but set up Tailwind, then Beat Up Terrakion, and you're faster than the genie trio.
- You're not trying to sweep with it, it's a suicide role.
- Absence of entry hazards

Not every metagame is the same Lucairo4repeating

Oh ******s, sorry, I thought this was 5th gen battling