• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Does anyone know how to beat Nathan, the guy who has 4 pokemon that use Trick Room, an Amoongus, & a Conkledur? I battled him 3 times & every time he's beaten me. I haven't won a single match yet today. I'm starting to think I'm the worst player ever. My score is currently 5 W/ 5 L & my score is 1471

You're a long way from the worst, pal. I've seen a few below 1400. I've had a bloody awful day myself. Currently just scraping my way through my 49th complete match with 6 wins and 9 losses today. Gonna hit 50 then call it a day...

pikapikachiu

o_O i feel lucky. somehow ive been losing like 1.5 more times than i win and im like 1380 right now. also anyone know if someone ragequits, do you get that win?

PokeMaster366

I finally found a place where I can get wi-fi and I fought in the tournament for about an hour or so, and this is how I did.

I was on FIRE tonight. The first 2 people I went against had ratings around the upper 1600's and lower 1700's. The next 6 matches or so were against people around the 1500's, and my final match was against some guy from Switzerland with a rating around the 1800's that used Darmanitan, Tornadus, Shiny Terrakion, and Shiny Haxorus. All I used against him was a Carracosta, Scrafty, Hydreigon, and Bisharp. All I can say about that battle was that he ragequitted thinking "What. The. ****! How can this sunova ***** with no legends beat me. It just isn't possible! HOW THE **** DID THIS ******* BEAT MY PERFECT TEAM WITH SUCH WORTHLESS PIECES OF ****!!! HE CHEATED! HE MUST'VE CHEATED! THERE'S NO OTHER WAY HE COULD'VE WON! THIS MATCH WAS TOTAL ********!" or something like that. Either way, I've gotten about a 9-win streak with 0 losses and my ranking is above 1600 now with several legendary pokemon falling at my hand.

pikapikachiu

If you did, nobody would be doing it...

haha very true. i was just hoping for the best, but i guess that was too much to ask for. I havent been having too much trouble with rage quiters, just a few. But since ive been losing more than i win, its like a kick in the balls when they quit right when im about to win.

Well, that's me done for the day. Managed to win four of the last five, so I think I'm gonna quit while I'm behind. stats for the day:

Starting win/loss- 21/13

Daily win/loss 7/9

Cosing win/loss 28/22

Starting score 1623

High point 1654

Low point 1547

Closing score 1577

Terrible day in comparison to yesterday. Lot more disconnects, lot more beatings heaped upon my poor beleagured 'Mon, lots more tedious all genie/musketeer teams roaming the place. Yesterday's star player, Galvantula, seems to have lost his mojo a bit, running into some bulkier variants of pokes he was comfortably KO'ing yesterday. Haxorus continues to prod some serious buttock, with the Haban berry set I'm using standing up to every Hydriegion dragon pulse and Haxorus dragon claw that has come its way. Cinccino has added another three Volcarona to his tally, making for 8 so far this contest and making me feel very glad I brought him along, for comedy value if nothing else. I got a bit more use out of Reuniclus than I did yesterday too, and he's done a pretty good job. Ferrothorn and Scrafty continue to perform entirely adequately, but there are a lot of hard hitting fighting types hanging around to ruin their day.

All in all, it's been a pretty lousy day, but I managed to claw back a few more wins in the final hour. Won't get much chance to play tomorrow, so I'm hoping I can drag myself back over the 1600 mark again on Sunday before it all wraps up. Happy battling, all :)

shrek

Time for a few now myself , got one done and came through with a win "yay"

Only my 6th game so far but been all wins or d/c's so hope it'll keep goin well

Zachmac

I'm doing well, but could be much better. Since I know I have no chance of winning, I'm going to use what I've learned for future tournaments.

Another way to beat terracott I thought up is wide guard+a teammate that can OHKO Terrakion, but first I would like to know what would happen if you used protect then wide guard, because it's hard to tell when Whimiscott is going to use tail wind. Will the same thing happen as when you use Protect twice in a row, or will they have no effect on each other?

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I have only seen one person use Wide Guard on me (and I outsmarted him too)

I've also seen only one TerraCotta combo, and it wasn't sent out

Myrrh

I've only had one person DC on me, but I've only had like twelve battles so far. I took down one terracott, but not without my opponent putting a dent in my team.

Besides terracott what else should I be on the look out for.

Zachmac

^Trick room is pretty common. Tail wind teams are not as common as trick room, but seem to be working well.

Speaking of terracott, I came across a really good Terracott team. It wasn't the standard kind, this person had a very high ranking, and they didn't lead with the duo. It was the most annoying team I've faced so far, and they probably didn't have to use beat up to beat me.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
I like some high ranking fellows they don't use cheep strategies and if you play your cards right you get one hell of a battle usually you end up with your opponent with one last pokemon each looking how to finsh each other it gets so intense and if you lose you feel that they deserved to and respect that fellow but those are rare =/ wish battles were like these

Zachmac

I like some high ranking fellows they don't use cheep strategies and if you play your cards right you get one hell of a battle usually you end up with your opponent with one last pokemon each looking how to finsh each other it gets so intense and if you lose you feel that they deserved to and respect that fellow but those are rare =/ wish battles were like these
Not only do I respect those people, I want to be on of them next tournament. I'll have one TR user, but it's only to counter tail wind.

Actually, would I count as one? My score is over 1,600.

I'm running bulky offense+Archeops.

Myrrh

Hm, I've seen some tailwinds and one trick room, but like I said I've had all of twelve battles.

My team is kind of weird, I mostly lead with a sunny day zoroark and an appropriate partner. But only three of my six, including zoroark, can take advantage of it.

Pikawho?

(five15)
FINALLY broke 1600. Would've occured earlier, but got a crapton of rage quitters and hit two difficult teams.

I've seen Terracott a few times, but I haven't lost to it yet. The only difficult combo I've hit is Chandelure + Amoongus. This first time I experienced it, the dude got a flawless victory. Fortunately, I got a rematch a while later. This time around, I tried something different and brought him down to 1 poke. He still won in the end. But I felt better about myself.

Got my first tie evar earlier as well. The opponent technically got the win, but all pokes were KO-ed so take it as you will. Came down to my Elektross (full health) and Conkeldurr (red) vs a Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn used power whip which criticalled and destroyed electross. I was expecting it to last the round so I had Conkeldurr bring down hammer arm. Iron barbs kicks in first so Conkeldurr is the first to go. Wasn't too happy, but I'll live with it.

I'm calling it a night now that I'm above 1600. Probably won't get back into the action until the afternoon. I just hope that I'll get to battle less rage quitters. As you'll see below, I've hit extremely bad luck with them.

Record: 14-6-1-17 (Last slot being DC-ers)

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
Does anyone know for sure what is happening to people who frequantly ragequit? I've had about 10 battles and 6 of them were ragequits. =/ Or am I just being super unlucky? It's like, every time I win, they quit. My score has not gone up because every time I win, they quit. I've only gotten one win recorded from tonight. (I know, aweful right? I keep finding dudes with scores larger than 1900. Of course I lose, they have perfect cut and paste teams.) At least my score hasn't dropped too far. *sigh*

Zachmac

^I haven't. Why? Is it you? Edit: Oh, looking at your sig, I guess it is.

I'm surprised people are getting so many rage quitters. It's not happening to me.