1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn Friendly

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Blue Harvest, Oct 7, 2011.

1. shrek

shrek Member

Haven't been battling loads but have been enjoying it so far even with a few d/c's
    Between that and battling people in the 1900's and higher I haven't been moving much in the ratings but sure I'm just in it for the good battles. If I finish with any points higher then the start then I'll be happy. Looking back now I should've tested my team is terribly jelly weak.

Happy last day of battling guys and let's stop worrying bout what penalties will go against ragequitters because after today its down to GF

2. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

I'm done with the Autumn Friendly Tournament. Not because of Rage Quitters (btw, my latest opponent had a +1800 rating and quit on me before the results were sent), but because I'm tired of standing out in the open with nowhere to sit right now. Right now, I think I'll be fine with my rating at 1758. A lot of high ranking players are rage quitting, so I won't be surprised if I end up high on the final rankings list with my score. You see now why I like VGCs so much. It's not like anyone can RQ there without being punished on-the-spot and there are vacation packages (sort of) involved. I already know that a lot of people will spam rain and sandstorm, so I'm already prepared (or at least I think I am) for the generic teams.

At the end of this tournament, they should give a special profile picture to the top 200 or so players.

3. MajinYoshi

MajinYoshi Dragon Master

My Focus Sashed Terrakion has wrecked havoc on everything except Jellicent and Golurk. I'm not bothering to get other good Pokemon though, I'm not expecting to win every battle. I know that there are guys infinitely better than me, so I'll just use whatever Pokemon I find lying around. Also, people are still disconnecting when they're proved to be noobs...

4. Prince Amrod

Prince Amrod Dragon Tamer

yeah i had one from my own region in the united kingdom. i took down three of his pokemon with my first two and he had only one left which wouldnt have been able to survive two high powered attacks from both my pokemon. he disconnected before sending the 4th pokemon out. i was highly disappointed in this, his rating wasnt even that high either, around high 1500's i think

5. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina The true master

eh, I expected as much. When it's a tournament-style game with no technical sanctions, people will try to go around the rules as much as possible, and I highly doubt Nintendo can really catch people cheating like this all the time.

6. Sagachu

Sagachu Smooth as a Brock

I made it to 1821, but then I lost... I hope I'm still over 1800. Wayyyyy to may D/C'ers. I think I've had 8-9 more since my last update. Either way I'm still happy with this tournament, its been fun and I got a lot of good videos recorded to. But now I kind of wanna get back to random matchup. I'm going to play a bit more to secure myself over 1800.

I my record is 67-11. Not too bad for a beginning competitive battler.

7. Murra Myrrh

Murra Myrrh First 5th Gen Shiny!

=_= I've litterally had to redo every other battle. Again, if I won, they RQed, if I lost, they didn't. I beat someone with a score of 1800, and of course they RQed. *sigh*

8. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

When do battles end (in US time)?

9. pikapikachiu

pikapikachiu Well-Known Member

i think its monday at 8pm eastern time

10. poopoop

poopoop SPPF STAFF

i dont know what happened but i was battling some person
    he sent out tornadus and chandelere

i send out golurk and klingklang

tornado used tailwind but for some reason my klingklang outsped his chandelure and i use gear grind on his tornado before getting ko'd by heat wave (i still lost the battle because my autumn friendly team sucked)

11. Livinitup17

Livinitup17 Looking for trades

This tourney started out good and than boom d/c started to go crazy with d/c,no penalty as of yet.Real dull it was fun for a day or 2 while it lasted =/

12. Arande

Arande Well-Known Member

Curious, about what rating is the average opponent for the last 20 hours or so? Was busy witha board game convention over the weekend, and tempted to try to get to 1700. At 1653 now.

Hmm, lots of people talking about RQ's... I'd laugh if they really do remove em from finals and the top guy only has like 1750 XD. Probably won't happen, but would be amusing.

13. Livinitup17

Livinitup17 Looking for trades

It really would but think about how much time of your life was wasted
    I saw someone put 2 hour only for everyone to rage quit poor people i mean 2 hours could of been put to better use

14. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Once a round starts, a pokemon's speed won't change, even with Tailwind/Paralysis. You won't see the effect until the next turn.

You first doesn't count.

15. Hilijix

Hilijix Back in Blue

Argh, I have a perfectly good record and lost 4 times in a row, and now my connection seems to not let me get back on... Now I will never reach top 200, unless what Arande said was true. :( I can't wait until this is over, I probably won't fight at all tomorrow due to work.

Battles: 65
    Record: 43-22 (14)

(1624)Battle 51: MARCO-M
    Italy Emilia-Romagna
    Volcarona, Haxorus, Whimsicott, Galvantula, Thudurus, Carracosta
    WIN 3-0, Rock Slide by Krystalith to Thundurus

Battle 52: Kennedy
    Maryland
    Archeops, Eelektross, Conkeldurr *shiny*, Whimsicott, Hydreigon, Carracosta
    LOSS, Forfeit due to one Pokemon left

Battle 53: Kain
    El Salvador
    Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Terrakion, Thundurus, Whimsicott, Volcarona
    WIN 1-0, Death by poison

Battle 54: Aura
    Tennessee
    Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Zoroark, Galvantula, Haxorus, Chandelure
    WIN, 2-0 Earthquake by Krystalith to Haxorus and Chandelure

Battle 55: Derek
    Canada Ontario
    Serperior, Stoutland, Haxorus, Volcarona, Emboar, Samurott
    WIN 3-0, Stone Edge by Krystalith to Haxorus

Battle 56: Mr. A
    “What’s your favorite Pokemon?”
    Whimsicott, Conkeldurr, Samurott, Golurk, Musharna, Ferrothorn
    WIN 3-0, Thunderbolt by Lilandra to Samurott

(1665)Battle 57: PICHU
    USA, CA

“Nothing beats mufufu!”
    Crustle, Reuniclus, Golurk, Galvantula, Archeops, Darmanitan
    LOSS, forfeit, three Pokemon defeated in two turns, no TR (just horrible…)

Battle 58: WAVE
    Florida
    “You’re fighting, aren’t you?”
    Liepard, Serperior, Galvantula, Darmanitan, Carracosta, Braviary
    WIN 1-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Liepard

Battle 59: Javier
    Illinois
    “Ok!”
    Connection error

Battle 59: Viper
    Illinois, USA
    “I want to hate with anger!”
    Hydreigon, Volcarona, Haxorus, Chandelure, Gigalith, Reuniclus
    WIN? Person forfeited

(1668)Battle 60: JEW
    Michigan
    Please trade! I want a Tornadus!
    Reuniclus, Mienshao, Tornadus, Beartic, Terrakion, Hydreigon
    WIN 3-0, X-Scissor by Hatchet to Reuniclus

Battle 61: JAMC
    Panama
    Gigalith, Musharna, Chandelure, Bouffalant, Eelektross, Ferrothorn
    D/C, enemy D/C’d despite about to win

(1675)Battle 61: Mattcow
    Brazil Ceara
    “Hello! Battle test!”
    Haxorus, Gigalith, Scrafty, Musharna, Conkeldurr, Reuniclus
    LOSS, Drain Punch by Conkeldurr to Krystalith

Battle 62: JOSH
    USA, CA
    Lilligant, Darmanitan, Jellicent, Galvantula, Mienshao, Hydreigon
    LOSS, 1-3 Forfeit due to bad move selection in my part

Battle 63: Cynthia
    Beat up is the reason for justified.
    Samurott, Zoroark, Eelektross, Braviary, Volcarona, Tornadus
    LOSS, Flamethrower by Eelektross to Hatchet

(1626)Battle 64: SAM
    Ta-da! Here comes victory!
    Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Archeops, Samurott, Volcarona
    LOSS 1-4, horrible team selection and matchup

(1610)Battle 65: Blaine
    Missouri
    “Pokemon is the reason for life.”
    Communication error

I really hate this tournament. It should've been named Autumn: Disconnect Friendly.

16. Current Record: 103W/31L

That should be closer to 200 wins though. I've seriously had that many d/c's versus me.

17. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hey trainer

Aw, I got up to 22-11. Sad face; I think the only people left battling are the actual good people. And maybe luck just hasn't been on my side, iono. It's fun at least.

Oh well, time to step up the game. ^__^

18. Sagachu

Sagachu Smooth as a Brock

Same here, I'm really getting sick of this. All I want to do is get past 1800 again, then I'm done. Hopefully if Nintendo actually pays attention to D/Cer's, that'll be good enough for top 200. After that, I'm done. Sick of tired getting D/Ced against, and the AF metagame has gotten stale.

I really hope Nintendo pays attention, because I know I haven't D/Ced once in this tournament( besides the one that happened by accident) and so have many other people. It'll really suck if playing fair is not rewarded.

At the very least we'll see a lot less competitors for the next one.

19. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

I think if they have no losses, it'll stick out. I hope the battle results are recorded....

20. Silvershark

Silvershark HAWLUCHA!!!

39W 27L, 15 disconnects total so far (long live the streak). Rating: 1622. Finally beat my previous rating peak of 1620 today. Wasn't particularly hard though, everyone I faced today was easy to beat. I think all the tough players have called it quits to preserve their rating. Of the people I faced, 2 were in the 1500's, 1 in the 1100's, and the rest varying between the 1300's and 1400's.