• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Viv

Master Tactician
Hey. Did anyone else battle the dude with the Lillipup and Dewott? I lol'd.

Munchlax66

I had fun in the tournament. My team went 51-19 (with 7 victories spoiled by disconnectors). I stopped yesterday after noticing that almost all my opponents disconnect right before losing.

PokeMaster366

So now that the Autumn Friendly Tournament is almost over, what's everyone going to do to prepare for VGCs next month? I'm making a Magic Bounce Espeon so I don't end up being owned by Amoonguss despite having Reuniclus.

LinksOcarina

The true master
I honestly can't compete in the VGC's this year due to lack of preparation. No time to put forth a team on the OU level (something I haven't done in years) while at the same time looking for a job and writing a master thesis.

The autumn friendly was my tourney for the year, relaxed, little preparation needed, and I would finish high enough in it I think. I enjoyed myself despite a few DQ's in the mix, and that is honestly kinda rare for me now a days when I play pokemon competitively.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Currently at 42 battles, with 13 losses so, that puts me at 29 wins. ^__^ Just going through the wind downs for the battles I guess.

Is it just me, or are the only people left the people who are desperate for wins and rage quit a lot? Iono, no judging.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I am leaving the Autumn Friendly... Surprisingly the last day has been a little more kind on me with much less ragequitters around... I got to a respectable rating at least. I have finished at 1716 rating. Overall 92 battles 70W/22L and about 20 D/C's...This is how it has been for me. the first day was best though

Pikawho?

(five15)
So now that the Autumn Friendly Tournament is almost over, what's everyone going to do to prepare for VGCs next month? I'm making a Magic Bounce Espeon so I don't end up being owned by Amoonguss despite having Reuniclus.

I'm 12 and what is this? I haven't seen the next VGC be announced and a quick google search couldn't provide a reliable source. Is this only at specific venues? If they'll have it again this summer, I'll definitely have a team ready. Doubt I'd participate if there is one this fall...

As for the AF: Not going to have time to battle tonight (which sucks since I'm at 47 battles and wanted to get 50). So my stats will stand as they were...1608 isn't bad, considering it's 100+ from the start. I'm just upset that I got nearly as many D/Cs as wins. But as long as GF does ban those guys the next time around then maybe I'll have a more accurate rank. Sure, I know that I had a good team, but it won't get the rank I think it deserved.

I peaked at 1650 so I'll see where that would've put me, if I hadn't pushed my luck. =P

Record: 31-15-1-27 (Last slot being RQ wins)

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
@Viv: Ragequitting is wrong, no matter how you look at it. Take your Defeat in honor, don't be whiny because you can't beat somebody with a Thundurus or something. I'm using one, being the only legend I brung, and most of the time it dies before it scores a KO so I wouldn't call legends much of an overpowered species. I've destroyed legends with the mediocre attack of Serperior for crying out loud! Thundurus has mainly been a burden...:/ Sure legends are strong, but in overal power on my team, he is the 2nd weakest, just in front of Serperior. I've lost to more people with gimmick teams rather than ones with legends.-.- Legends aren't banned, so stop complaining.

^This. 10char

MSK

Has everyone given up? Went on to have a few final battles before I give up and no one is there!! Waited 10 mins while it searched for an opponent and nothing, oh well that's me done.
Finished on 1510, 27 logged battles 14 wins, 13 losses. But lost track of idiots who rq'd on me :(

froggy25

Ok, here's my wonderful record : 20 / 3 / 14

Yeah, 14 ragequits.
At the 10th battle my record was like this : 2 / 0 / 8
Seriously, that is becoming ridiculous. Surprisingly (or not) most of these ragequits are against 1700 + rating players.

Last ragequit against a Mexican player whose name is Aioros (or something like that) with 1984 rating.

I send out Volcarona and Terrakion
Opponent sends out Thundurus and Chandelure

Turn #1
I : Volcarona uses Anger Powder
O : Chandelure uses Heat Wave (50% to Volcarona, 20% to Terrakion)
O : Thundurus uses Thunderbolt, Electric Gem strenghtens Thunderbolt

Volcarona faints
I : Terrakion uses Rock Slide (90% to Thundurus, 95% to Chandelure)

I send out Hydreigon

Turn #2

O : Thundurus uses Thunder Wave (Hydreigon is paralysed)
I : Terrakion uses Quick Attack
Opponent's Thundurus faints
O : Chandelure uses Heat Wave (25% to Hydreigon, 20% to Terrakion)
I : Hydreigon uses Dark Pulse
Opponent's Chandelure faints

Opponent sends out Conkeldurr and Terrakion

Turn #3
O : Terrakion uses Protect
I : Hydreigon uses Protect
I : Terrakion uses Close Combat (50% to Conkeldurr)

O : Conkeldurr uses Drain Punch
Hydreigon protected itself !

Opponent's Conkeldurr's Flame Orb activates
Opponent's Conkeldurr burns

Turn #4
O : Conkeldurr uses Mach Punch
Terrakion's Chople Berry activates
Terrakion fainted
O : Terrakion uses Close Combat
Hydreigon fainted

I send out Jellycent

Turn #5
I : Jellycent uses Water Spout
Opponent's Conkeldurr fainted
Opponent's Terrakion fainted

Froggy won the battle !

No answer from the player.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT :mad:

I beg The Pokémon Company or whoever is in charge to find a way to find a way to give the win to the player who didn't disconnected.
Without ragequits, I would be at a lot more than 1725 rating :/

Ragequits just spoils the fun for everyone...

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I am leaving the Autumn Friendly... Surprisingly the last day has been a little more kind on me with much less ragequitters around... I got to a respectable rating at least. I have finished at 1716 rating. Overall 92 battles 70W/22L and about 20 D/C's...This is how it has been for me. the first day was best though
WHAT!? 92 BATTLES!? How did you have time for so many!? And I thought over 30 was plenty I'm not sure what my W\L record is but I still had fun! Amazingly I didn't get matched with any rage quitters just the occasional disconnect before the battle even began.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I have 1700+ now, so I'm going to quit now since I'm pressing my luck again if I continue.:p I got 4 wins today,(no ragequits!:D) and 0 losses, so I'll keep my spot. I know it's not much, but I don't want to have worse! Overal, it's been pretty fun. It was worth it, dispite the ragequitters.:p

Viv

Master Tactician
Why are guys keeping track of your ragequits? I totally lost count, but it doesn't really matter. For that much, I've lost count of my win/loss ratio too lol.

The point is to have some fun with Unova pokemon. I do miss my Gastodon though lol. Water types in Unova are lame.

I think 5th gen was the generation that brought ghost/dragons to the battlefield, and revitalized the need for a grass/bug type. It also dumbed down water/electric types a decent amount (which needed to happen if you're going for a more balanced approach).

Viv

Master Tactician
So...now that the tourney is almost over, who is your MVP? Ya know, the pokemon that's taking the walk to the winner's circle with you.

Mine was my Jolly Haxorus. I probably used him 90% of the time.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
So...now that the tourney is almost over, who is your MVP? Ya know, the pokemon that's taking the walk to the winner's circle with you.

Mine was my Jolly Haxorus. I probably used him 90% of the time.

I'd say Conkeldurr has been great. He's dominated half of the teams I've faced after a bulk up or 2, and he has definitely got the most KOs of my team. However, I wouldn't call him the MVP, Serperior gets that because he is the most important pokemon on my team, the one that developed my strategy: Dual Screens.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Calling it quits today with 43W 27L and 16 disconnects (only 1 disconnection today, so the streak of 3 a day is broken). My ratings at 1655 which is more than good enough for me. Last time I got greedy I dropped from 1620 to the 1400's. I'm sure it would be higher if not for that drop, and would be in the mid-1700's if not for ragequitters, but I'm satisfied with where it is. Here's the list of Pokemon I used: Mienshao, Whimsicott, Hydreigon, Jellicent, Eelektross, and Audino.
A link to a more in-depth RMT is here:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547821

Viv

Master Tactician
Very nice. I've got a Conkeldurr planned out, just need to get around to breeding for the right one. I imagine he'll be the fighting type equivalent of my Azumarill.

Viv

Master Tactician
It may be just me, but I can't get your link to work.

Edit: @Silvershark - I believe (and I might have been slightly intoxicated upon reading it, so the memory might be fuzzy) you posted about bringing your Eelektross over a Thundurus. Just wanted to say good for you! I love my Eelektross (though I didn't use him as much as I would have thought I was going to). But anyways, hope he did you some justice in the tourney, good sir.