• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
It may be just me, but I can't get your link to work.

Edit: @Silvershark - I believe (and I might have been slightly intoxicated upon reading it, so the memory might be fuzzy) you posted about bringing your Eelektross over a Thundurus. Just wanted to say good for you! I love my Eelektross (though I didn't use him as much as I would have thought I was going to). But anyways, hope he did you some justice in the tourney, good sir.

Try it now. I had to fix it a little.

Edit: Yeah I did. My Eelektross was on the bubble for awhile, but I'm glad I put her on the team in the end. I didn't use her a lot at the start though, but as the tournament went on she started getting me more and more wins. And Autumn Friendly RMT link:http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=547821

Arande

Decided to risk it and fight a bit more last minute. Looks liek you guys were right about DC'ers getting worse at the end. vs 1627 w me at 1657. raeg before I could finish it :/

1 hour to go.

edit: ah well no one seems to be fighting now, least it wont' match me up. 18-4 w 4 rage DC's, one just being a bit ago. Could have finished with 1670. Then again, most of my opponents were lower than me. 2 of the 4 higher ones i beat also raged. Pretty much means I ws always getting low points per win. That combined witha board game convention this weekend, didn't get many matches in.

As for my team. Yeah, I was one of those running a TR team :p
Amoogus, reuniclus, archeops, conkerdurr, hydreigon, and ferrothorn.

Poor ferrothorn only got to see the last match. And here's some of the matches I got uploaded. Had better ones, but again, the rage, IE: I completely out predict and shut down another TR team without using TR myself, they rage.

83 06528 05473
22 18887 22106
26 72324 90328

Overall I was pretty happy with how I did. Just wish I had more time to fight.

PokeMaster366

Rather than spend my last hour playing against ragequitters while standing in the dead of night, I decided to go ahead and raise a Magic Bounce Espeon. I got an Anticipation Eevee from a guy on the Trade Union and now I'm IV training, but the natures are coming out somewhat randomly and I don't want to waste the females.

If anyone wants any DW ability Eevees, just PM or VM me.

Edit: Okay, so maybe the Female part was a lie, but I'll probably be sending mainly those.

2nd Edit: THE EEVEES WILL HAVE 31 IVS IN SOME OF THEIR STATS. I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I CAN MAKE THE TRADE, BUT I'M STOPPING WHEN I GET THE EEVEE I WANT, SO YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW DAYS OR SO TO ASK!

Asrialys

lol I hope our records are posted on our GBU account or something because I lost track of my wins and losses. At least I know that I had more wins than losses :p

EDIT: Alas, with only 61 battles and a rating of 1591, I had to stop battling because my DS is about to die and I don't have my charger with me. Wish I could have played more this past weekend. Was hoping to at least end at past 1600. Was up there twice. :/

Arande

It will. Matches you played will show up in your recent match list on GBU. Official rankings for the AF are Nov 1st.

Who knows, maybe the extra week is so they can check the points for those RQ on :p (if only)

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
Well its done. I went from 1820 to ~1720, not entirely because I played bad( hax lost me 5 of 7 games I lost), but because it took me 2 disconnects to get 1 win each time. And the wins I did get were against 1400. Really wished I followed my own advice to stop last night.

Well what are you gonna do... I think I was 79-16(~30-40 D/C's) or somewhere around that. I had fun for the most part I guess. Got some videos I uploaded and 1 more coming of this Autumn Friendly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lte6J36dLOo&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqvBOjEH1QA&feature=channel_video_title

Back to free-mode random matchup. Haven't ever been that happy to type that.

P.S. Are we having that Serebii Autumn Friendly tournament? Cause I want to know if we are before I post my team.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Well thats it... I managed to get a total of 118 battles in and ended with 71 wins, 41 defeats and 6 ragequits when I was about to win or had won.
My hastily put together team of Reuniclus, Carracosta, Gigalith and Escavalier did remarkably well against most of the pokemon they came across. If I got Trick Room down, yes I was one of those using it :p, the match usually went in my favour, barring the Amoonguss or Whimsicott who Spore'd and Encore'd me.
All in all, I thought it was a nice tournament, saw a variety of pokemon across all the battles and saw a variety of strategies. Next time, I may put a lot more effort into preparing a team thatll get the strategy I want down faster

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Well thats it... I managed to get a total of 118 battles in and ended with 71 wins, 41 defeats and 6 ragequits when I was about to win or had won.
My hastily put together team of Reuniclus, Carracosta, Gigalith and Escavalier did remarkably well against most of the pokemon they came across. If I got Trick Room down, yes I was one of those using it :p, the match usually went in my favour, barring the Amoonguss or Whimsicott who Spore'd and Encore'd me.
All in all, I thought it was a nice tournament, saw a variety of pokemon across all the battles and saw a variety of strategies. Next time, I may put a lot more effort into preparing a team thatll get the strategy I want down faster

Oh yeah, I remember you...:p I think I may have beat you...

Arande

Oh yeah, don't forget to log back onto the competition to unlock your battle box. Just to be safe and do it properly.

Rokonpower

Humble Trainer
I've made it up to a ranking of 1702, 41W/16L and 30+ RQed on me.

I'm glad to have gotten this far with the little amount of time I had, and I brought my Liepard to this tournament too. From what I've experienced, most Double Battles are won through luck and mind games; even OU teams can be beaten down by an army of UUs and NUs if you play the cards right.

I've only been able to make it up to 1534 only because of f***ing 50 RAGE QUITERS I CAME ACROSS!!! My TR Team was pretty amazing: Reuniclus, Bisharp, Druddigon, Beheeyem, Cofagrigus, and Ferrothorn. Generall I started with, Cofagrigus and Ferrothorn on every match, to make it easy to get a TR up. My only weakness was Volcarona and Hydreigon before the TR was up. But yeah, my team did quite amazing, especially since I faced that many ragequitters.

Zachmac

You know what? I think the amount of rage quitter might have to do with your team. If it's trick room, people are more likely to be angry about losing then a standard bulky offense, as they might think trick room is a "cheap trick".

Madden610

I'm not in any danger buddy, but I do have a very extensive understanding of game theroy. You should look up the ELO rating system and try to really learn something about the games you play. I am trying to point out something that this community should really deal with. I hope they are serious about banning players though. Although I think in the long run this will have backlash effect with many players quiting pokemon for good if their not careful with who they ban. Someone completely innocent could get banned if they don't figure out a way to really know who disconnects. They'll need to figure out a real solution in the end.

Can you give us an idea how much your cousin was Disconnecting?

Ok how much before he got a warning. Um....(Not exactly sure so bare with me) maybe 8 on the 1st day and somewhere above 10 on the second (got bored started playing Halo while he was doin this). And thanks but yeah, I know how the rating system works I am just talking about how to much DC'ing will eventually lead to issues.

I sort of agree on the whole banning from GBU tournements. The only people who would really quit are those who feel like the situation was handled badly (how that would happen I dunno, seeing as how it would be their own fault). Also they can detect who DC'd (I believe it was mentioned in one of the documents listed during sign up (talks about punishment for dc but doesn't metion anything about who)). Most people won't care though. Like me. I wouldn't care unless I couldn't compete in VGC (Which I probably still could seing as how they would have to recognize game ID which would probably annoy tournement orgainizers. But since it's a game no one will ultimately care if they are banned.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I'm just putting it out now, if anyone wants to battle one another here with their AF teams, send me a pm. I'll try to set something up maybe.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Well that was fun (although extremely frustrating due to all the ragequitters).

My final numbers:
Ranking: 1670
Total Battles: 45
Total Counted Battles: 30
Wins: 22 (37 if not for the RQers)
Loses: 8
RQs: 15 (10 -in a row- on Sat, 5 -also in a row- on Sun)

I should have broken 1700. Not happy about that. Although I was glad to see my VGC team do so well (considering I lost the first round at the VGCs *coughHAXcough*).

I just hope that Nintendo/GF keeps their word and removes the RQers from the final rankings as well as ban them from future tourneys. Friggen b******s.......:mad: