• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
I'm gonna join!

tbh though, I don't have a proper team for this. x___x My usual doubles team was constructed entirely of Pokemon from other regions, so I just am entering with my in-game team minus HM slave.

Remissus is my PGL name, if anyone sees me!

Arande

Wow. Looks like the slots filled up fast, and there was still high demand. They upped participation to 35k players.

Soperman

The One and Only
35 thousand, huh. Da-yum, thats a lot of people. How the heck is this going to work? The tourney could last weeks and still not even be half way done.
Or it could end before the month does. Depends on how enthusiastic people are.
But seriously, 35 thousand trainers. Thats flipping insane.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
My understanding is that's it's some sort of round-robin-ish event where you battle as many people as possible.

Arande

It's Elo like the normal GBU ratings, or whatever it's called. You know, you start at 1500 and move up or downa s you win/lose. By how much depends on your opponents rating.

soulsurvivor

Making progress
^thats how it pretty much works.

I signed up the minute it opened. This gives me a chance to test my 2011 shoulda been nationals team.

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
Signed up and I can't wait for this. I started on a team ASAP, as I haven't had the chance to play competitively a lot yet, and dI wanted practice. Only have 4 of the spots figured out, but we're already 6-0 on RM!

If anybody wants to test out their team with me, please send me a vm.

Syther

Y not?
for some reason I can't even get the flash part of the registration page/ Global battle union to load. is there another page for registering?

Edit: ok I used my laptop to register. for somereason, the GBU doesn't want to load on my desktop

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Lol, I'm sure you have as good a chance as anyone to do well. Even with nobs like this I made it to 5th in the US without even really trying a few months back. Its totally possible to make T10 or thereabouts just by playing well.That's just pokemon. Everyone tries to get any advantage they can muster. RNG. AR. Sav. Two accounts. Whatever. Admitedly, this one seems a bit over the top. I have several vids of me creaming this nob on randomwifi too so...

Yeah, but that's you, not me... It's easy for a good battler to say that everyone has a chance. But as for me, I inherently suck at battling and can't ever seem to get better no matter what I do. Every time I go online I get completely clobbered. D=
So yeah.. Like I really stand a chance against people like you.... *whine*

It's just frustrating that I waste so much time on this stupid game, yet never get rewarded for it at all. I know it's my fault, but still... I think that I deserve something for my efforts, like winning every once in a while. -.-
/rant

And y u quote me so much? XD

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Yeah, but that's you, not me... It's easy for a good battler to say that everyone has a chance. But as for me, I inherently suck at battling and can't ever seem to get better no matter what I do. Every time I go online I get completely clobbered. D=

It's just frustrating that I waste so much time on this stupid game, yet never get rewarded for it at all. I know it's my fault, but still... I think that I deserve something for my efforts, like winning every once in a while. -.-
/rant

Haha, just means you need a better strategy. @__@ I'm with you, brudduh.

But that's why I try to gain a better understanding of the competitive environment. Although I'm nowhere close to the level of the top competitors, I would like to at least stand a chance.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Ooh, they multiplied the entries by 3.5. Anyways, I signed up 2 days ago. Entering with my Whimsicott, Garbodor, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Hydreigon, and Volcarona. Expecting good things from this team.

PokeMaster366

Ooh, they multiplied the entries by 3.5. Anyways, I signed up 2 days ago. Entering with my Whimsicott, Garbodor, Reuniclus, Jellicent, Hydreigon, and Volcarona. Expecting good things from this team.

Rock Slide is too common for Volcarona to be of too much use.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Haha, just means you need a better strategy. @__@ I'm with you, brudduh.

But that's why I try to gain a better understanding of the competitive environment. Although I'm nowhere close to the level of the top competitors, I would like to at least stand a chance.
Well, I'm changing my team from VGC... Hopefully I'll come up with something better, not worse. ..I don't even know if the team I used for VGC 2011 Regionals was any good or not... I lost, but it was in round 4 (so I was top 32, at least) to a guy who ended up getting in the top 8 at that Regional, so idk. Even my opponent thought that i should have at least qualified for Nationals, just got unlucky with the qualifying match-up. .__.

BellyDrum

/rant

I know you could probably beat me, especially during this tournament; at the moment I only have one decent Unova Pokemon EV'd and I am still not totally sure what to use for doubles. I've yet to battle anyone in my life, except for maybe this one time back in the Game Boy era against a friend who used a cheat device to level her Pokemon up to 100 :/ There are bound to be people who haven't heard of strategy coming into this thing, especially with the new 35k limit.

If I can come in 34,999th place, I'll be happy ;) I'm mostly doing this for fun, don't care too much how well I wind up doing.

Zachmac

I'm at war with myself because of this....

I started training my team for the tournament, and then the ocarina of time 3D I ordered got here......I want to do both, but I can't put the ocarina of time down.

Currently my team is a partly EV trained oshawott and a partly EV trained snivy.

Vandslaux

I just signed up. Should be fun, right? Do we need our Digital ID before the tourney starts? Or just when we do our first battle?

Triple Z

Triple Z used yawn!
It's Elo like the normal GBU ratings, or whatever it's called. You know, you start at 1500 and move up or downa s you win/lose. By how much depends on your opponents rating.
Ok, I asked this a while back, good to see I now know XD

I think I'll aim for 1650 :D