• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

LinksOcarina

The true master
Why does Nintendo insist that Double Battles are the greatest thing since sliced bread and proceed to shove them into every tournament, despite them generally being a minor battle style in-game?

Nintendo, the vast majority of people play Singles. Cater to your fanbase.

How else will we think outside of the box and use different combinations?

I know singles are fun and easy to make, but crafting a well put together double, triple, or rotation teams is a whole other beast.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Gah. I wish this was for singles. I have no doubles team and obviously can't train one before tommorow. Mabye i'll modify my singles team and battle just for the lulz.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I shall be entering this tournament with an in-game team because I lack the facilities to breed and EV train Unova Pokemon, lol. My two Nuzlocke survivors and 4 of my favourite Unova Pokemon.

Should be interesting to see how far I get with not a lot of strategy.

It might be fun to see if I can quickly whip up a team, though. Gah. ;-;

Arande

Fun question is, does it actually start right as the day rolls over? if that's the case, signups should start in 2 hours.

Curious if we have to have our pokes in the box as we sign up, or if we still have a week to modify and adjust. I know it warns you once you've registered your pokes in the box, you can not modify it during the tournament.

pambihirang_nilalang

epic AWESOMENESS!
when will the sign-ups start?
its Oct.12 in our place

Arande

They are using UTC apparently, which it is currently Oct 11 22:28

Casty

It's already past 12 where I live (GMT +2). So it will begin at 2 AM my time? I don't see myself waking up at 6 AM tom... err, TODAY morning then. >.>

Haydinho

mannn... dont wanna miss out on this. Whats the deal. Its now Oct 12 UTC.. will this delay long????

unstopable373

Fun question is, does it actually start right as the day rolls over? if that's the case, signups should start in 2 hours.

Curious if we have to have our pokes in the box as we sign up, or if we still have a week to modify and adjust. I know it warns you once you've registered your pokes in the box, you can not modify it during the tournament.

would like to know this atm

shrek

Ah i give up, its after 2 now. Should've been up and running 2 hours ago. Its probably down to nintendo of america to start it so will probably end up being midnight in one of the U.S. time zones. i'm not staying up that late

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Well it will be the 12th in half an hour on the east coast...

midnight passed there...

...no tournament registration open yet...

While we're waiting to see if we have to wait until midnight or 9 am Seattle time to register, here is a rough idea of what to expect on the competition info option on GBU once registration opens:

The rough idea

Now if you excuse me, I have to take a shower for bed... Class tomorrow morning at 11, so might as well get ready for bed, but I'll see if I can get a spot when I get up in the morning...

Until then, see you tomorrow!

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
midnight passed there...

...no tournament registration open yet...

While we're waiting to see if we have to wait until midnight or 9 am Seattle time to register, here is a rough idea of what to expect on the competition info option on GBU once registration opens:

The rough idea

Now if you excuse me, I have to take a shower for bed... Class tomorrow morning at 11, so might as well get ready for bed, but I'll see if I can get a spot when I get up in the morning...

Until then, see you tomorrow!
Hmm so do I need my team ready when I register tomorrow on the GBL website or does registering online secure my spot and I can upload my team anytime before the battles?

Arande

Dunno, going to see if I can get my ID/upload my box as soon as I register, just in case.

pambihirang_nilalang

epic AWESOMENESS!
what if you still dont have a team yet but you want to register once the signups started...

PGL's time (on my zone) is still 10/11/2011 @ 11:26pm

BellyDrum

I think all you need for today is to "accept" the terms of the competition. Picking your team can wait until you download the digital player part and have to select who you'll use.

Still nothing available on PGL over here on the east coast USA. :/

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I think all you need for today is to "accept" the terms of the competition. Picking your team can wait until you download the digital player part and have to select who you'll use.

Still nothing available on PGL over here on the east coast USA. :/

I hope so. My team just needs to finish up EV training, and I'll be ready by tomorrow (Japan time). If I have to have my team ready before I can register, I'll have to risk not being able to join and finish up training.

And if I can't join, then doing all this work would be kind of pointless. @__@
Well, now I have a team, so I can go on RMU but still.