• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Autumn Friendly

BGP_

how do you guys beat ammongus under trick room and spamming spore there should be a sleep clause people abuse it to much i mean they use spore on all your pokemon -__- i mean that just weak i wouldn't mind fighting someone head on with a good strategy but thats just poor
Well, i beat amoonguss with, well, amoonguss! and then i do tornadus+mienshao, cuz ja acrobatics ohko's that sucker with flying gem. He's not my main issue, it's thundurus and the stupid hax he gives me that's screwing me up.
17-9 now btw, yay a win...
Edit: just took one out with this combo as we speak lol

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Well, i beat amoonguss with, well, amoonguss! and then i do tornadus+mienshao, cuz ja acrobatics ohko's that sucker with flying gem. He's not my main issue, it's thundurus and the stupid hax he gives me that's screwing me up.
17-9 now btw, yay a win...
Edit: just took one out with this combo as we speak lol

lol i beaten most ammonguss just those that spam spore are annoying i like thundrus another easy pokemonto kill never have any issues with it

BGP_

lol i beaten most ammonguss just those that spam spore are annoying i like thundrus another easy pokemonto kill never have any issues with it
ja lol
wow so battled a person with 1737 ranking, was CLEARLY going to win even with hax, and they dc'd. That would've been quite a nice boost to my hurting rating after my slump...

Pikawho?

(five15)
Good grief....I've gotten like 12 battles in today but only a few actually counted. The outrageous number of immature people playing pokemon is too damn high! *high fives anyone who gets the meme reference*

Anyways, Picked up 2 wins, 2 losses, and 8 D/Cs this afternoon. I'm done for now and I'm not sure if I'll pick it back up later. Anyways, the two losses were ones I wish I could have back. The first was against a Ferrothorn which seeded my pokes (one also burned). I just needed to hit it once with mach punch, but it got three protects in a row which was enough to bump off my Conkeldurr. My only other pokemon couldn't take it out (brought it down to like 1 hp.....) so I lost. Other loss was to a guy using a Thundurus + Discharge + Zebstrika combo. I couldn't get trick room off so even though it was two on two at that point, he took me out easily. Not a bad strategy, though.

Otherwise, faced 1900+ and 1700+ ranked opponents. Both resulted in me outsmarting the opponent when choosing the first two. Of course, they have no honor so they D/C-ed....I would've appreciated a big rank jump for a change....

I really hope whoever is running the global link seriously bans these guys from future tournaments. It not only skews the results, but it essentially punishes the honest.

Oh well. There are better things to worry about in life. lol

Record: 9-3-0-10 (last slot being Rage Quits)

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
Yeah, sadly *almost* everyone who's got a good ranking (1700+) disconnects when they're about to lose. That's also why they've gotten such a high rank in the first place..

Something seriously needs to be done. I don't buy the whole "disconnecters will be punished" ********. I think that's just something they say to scare people from doing it. And apparently, it doesn't scare people..

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
ja lol
wow so battled a person with 1737 ranking, was CLEARLY going to win even with hax, and they dc'd. That would've been quite a nice boost to my hurting rating after my slump...

my brother down my points down to 1588 and i brought back to 1609 only to vs the ammongus user -__- with 1895 ninetendo hates me and i won like 3 more matches so in total i have 3 loses not counting my brother long line of loses
Edit:another d/c -__- he had a bad record either way =]

BGP_

Yeah, sadly *almost* everyone who's got a good ranking (1700+) disconnects when they're about to lose. That's also why they've gotten such a high rank in the first place..

Something seriously needs to be done. I don't buy the whole "disconnecters will be punished" ********. I think that's just something they say to scare people from doing it. And apparently, it doesn't scare people..
i think you have to have so many, because if you D/C once or even like 5 times it could be internet, im sure they'll go back and consider it becuase if you noticed when they disconnect it takes you back to your battle profile and saves, so they have some record of it

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
1735 out of 38 matches, can't complain. Also whipped a team that used both of the trios.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
1735 out of 38 matches, can't complain. Also whipped a team that used both of the trios.

nice kaiser wish i had finished training my pokemon instead of borrow someone else's with bad move sets i only have one pokemon i trained he's awesome but it would of been better if i had my own but i'm cheering for you kaiser

Viv

Master Tactician
As someone who is relying heavily on his Amoongus, I will spill a little. The kami trio is fodder for me. By all means, bring them against my Amoongus. I'll ensure it's the last pokemon of yours standing in fact. But Volcarona...ugh...man what a wrench in the gears. Chandelures have been known to cause me some problems too. And the ragequitting is getting worse at this point. Yesterday, not many people were rage quitting on me, but today is kind of lame. And Bestgamepearl, I dare say that might have been me to d/c on you (I had a rating of 1737 at that point in time, and had "ragequit"), and I apologize. If you saw a Scrafty and an Archeops, and it only lasted one turn, then yeah, totally me. I had a catastrophe in the kitchen while I was seeking, and when I came back to my DS, the game had picked my pokemon, and my first moves. I decided to just "ragequit" before the battle got invested. So yeah, if that was me, I apologize to you.

Zachmac

Not a single one of them I've beaten has rage quitted....One of the only two rage quiters I've seen had less points then the default, so there is a penalty(only if it happens too many times).
Mental Herb thats all i got to say =]
Some people don't use it/Item clause. 5 out of 6 pokemon are certain not to have it.

I've also found taunt to be useful.

Razo

Does EV training effect this Competition? I can never seem too go first and I just end up getting wiped out.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
Not a single one of them I've beaten has rage quitted....One of the only two rage quiters I've seen had less points then the default, so there is a penalty(only if it happens too many times). Some people don't use it/Item clause. 5 out of 6 pokemon are certain not to have it.

I've also found taunt to be useful.

Well you usually add it to your lead and people don't respect clauses like sleep clause =/wish it was implemented

Zachmac

Well you usually add it to your lead and people don't respect clauses like sleep clause =/wish it was implemented
I know, but a lead in a team viewer double 4vs4?. You should choose a pokemon based on your enemy's team, and the mental herb only seems to be used on trick roomers. Besides, item clause is one of the official rules, such as you can't change your team in mid tournament. People have no choice.
Does EV training effect this Competition? I can never seem too go first and I just end up getting wiped out.
Yes, it does. Nature/IVs/Base stats do to.

Livinitup17

Looking for trades
I know, but a lead in a team viewer double 4vs4? Besides, it's one of the official rules, such as you can't change your team in mid tournament. People have no choice.

Well usually one of your pokemon setup while the other destroys the opponents pokemon usually

Man, what a bloody terrible day. When I started, I was 21/13 win/loss with a 1623 rating, won the first two, got to 1654 (personal best so far), but since then...yeesh. One win in the next 9 games. Currently at 24/21, 1547.

Constantly running into all Genie teams, usually with Terrakion or Amoonguss, just to really ruin my day. Last game, ran into a team that had Whimsicott using beat up on Terrakion to give it +4 ATK from the word go. That was a bloody drubbing and no mistake. I'm taking a break to go sit in the corner and cry for a few hours...

Viv

Master Tactician
I'm getting kind of tired of all the people packing legendaries. I know they aren't all banned, so they are in fact legal, but I mean come on! Really? You can't like work hard to get a really good egg and raise it the right way? You have to use a pokemon that just came awesome? Like this last dude, had all three kamis, and two of the musketeer trio. -_-' Those are the kind of people that bring guns to a knife fight and disgust me. I prefer the thrill of battle. If you can beat me with some awesome pokemon you bred yourself, with a clever and creative strategy...ah...there could be nothing better. ^_^